All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Old 08-08-2020, 02:09 PM
Received 560 Likes on 470 Posts
Default Re: What did you do to your Crossfire today?

Originally Posted by rbracy10406
I finally got some time to work on my crossfire again and continued my journey to add more wires than the manufacturer. This time I am adding a 360 birds eye camera system that also doubles as a dash cam. It will have a camera under each side mirror, one under the rear hatch by the handle and one in the front grill. The controller stitches the video from the four cameras together to create a birds eye view of the car while you are parking. It also records the full fisheye view of each camera onto a USB for playback if needed. I have this system on my S4 as well and I am a big fan of it. I plan to have the the car display the 360 view and backup view on the main screen in the center console and view the side views when I use the turn signals on the gauge cluster. I'll post a video when its all wrapped up together

The wire hole in the mirror was just big enough to run the camera wire through. I really lucked out on this one

The camera sticks down just far enough to get an image from the back side making it not visible from the drivers seat
Thanks, I like the look of that, is it this one CLICK.

Old 08-08-2020, 02:21 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
This is the one I used. I have had the same thing in my other car for over a year now without any issues

Amazon Amazon

Old 08-08-2020, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Althoug looking further into that one, its pretty much the same. I stumbled upon this one at the bottom of that page too. It gives a 3d image of the car that you can pan around. I may try to pick that one up after I get this going. It looks like it has the same connection sobI should be able to swap it over

Link

Old 08-08-2020, 04:25 PM
Received 351 Likes on 310 Posts

If you could get extra cable that would be great for RVs too.

Old 08-08-2020, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by ZERACER
If you could get extra cable that would be great for RVs too.
Here you go
Link Link

Old 08-08-2020, 04:56 PM
Received 538 Likes on 426 Posts

Originally Posted by rbracy10406
I finally got some time to work on my crossfire again and continued my journey to add more wires than the manufacturer. This time I am adding a 360 birds eye camera system that also doubles as a dash cam. It will have a camera under each side mirror, one under the rear hatch by the handle and one in the front grill. The controller stitches the video from the four cameras together to create a birds eye view of the car while you are parking. It also records the full fisheye view of each camera onto a USB for playback if needed. I have this system on my S4 as well and I am a big fan of it. I plan to have the the car display the 360 view and backup view on the main screen in the center console and view the side views when I use the turn signals on the gauge cluster. I'll post a video when its all wrapped up together

The wire hole in the mirror was just big enough to run the camera wire through. I really lucked out on this one

The camera sticks down just far enough to get an image from the back side making it not visible from the drivers seat
Looking forward to following this post. Very Interesting!

Old 08-08-2020, 05:58 PM
Received 351 Likes on 310 Posts

Thanks!

Old 08-08-2020, 08:21 PM
Forum Regular
Received 133 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by dedwards0323
Looking forward to following this post. Very Interesting!
Yes, will be interesting what the images on screen actually look like. I've installed a backup camera but having blind-spot monitors would make driving in rush-hour/heavy traffic easier & less-stressful! No one ever said the Crossfire was easy to see out of (with the top up). The next time you drive a 1960s or even most 1970s cars notice how slim the pillars are and the high percentage of glass that is at your sight-level. Before roll-over standards took effect cars were much easier to see out of.

Old 08-08-2020, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by WD40
Yes, will be interesting what the images on screen actually look like. I've installed a backup camera but having blind-spot monitors would make driving in rush-hour/heavy traffic easier & less-stressful! No one ever said the Crossfire was easy to see out of (with the top up). The next time you drive a 1960s or even most 1970s cars notice how slim the pillars are and the high percentage of glass that is at your sight-level. Before roll-over standards took effect cars were much easier to see out of.
Yeah I know what you mean. I installed four radar sensors in my rear bumper a couple years back for that reason. Two are for backing up and the other two are for blind spot sensing. I went with the radar sensors instead of ultrasonic because you can hide them behind the bumper and they will work through the plastic. No drilling holes or signs they are even there

The two in the center are for backing up

One of the side blind spot sensors

Old 08-09-2020, 05:08 PM

Today I mounted the rear camera and printed a test bracket for the front camera. I'm going to make some adjustments for fitment and make a final high quality print that I can sand, mount and paint to match the grill

Old 08-09-2020, 09:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New top installed.

Old 08-09-2020, 09:40 PM
Forum Regular
Received 133 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by Angelospinner
New top installed.
Nice! I've thought of going tan/beige when the time comes. I also have an alabaster Limited. It's nice to see colors other than boring old black. Variety is the spice of life.

Old 08-09-2020, 10:13 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 503 Likes on 346 Posts

Cleaned my Magnaflow and got a pic by the old church down the road

Old 08-10-2020, 08:22 AM
Received 538 Likes on 426 Posts

Originally Posted by Valk

Nice picture.

Old 08-10-2020, 09:24 AM
Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

New shocks & springs all around , installed JVC Bluetooth stereo , buffed out faded headlight covers ( meguires kit) replaced license plate bulbs with LED’s

Cabin filters were a mess as well

Old 08-10-2020, 09:27 AM

Here’s the finished product

Here’s the finished project .... for now

Old 08-13-2020, 03:06 PM
Received 399 Likes on 342 Posts

Second brake lamp bulb replaced today (since ownership new in 2009). Leaving home for a doctors appointment, up pops the 'bulb out' idiot lamp. Quick check of lights all working fine. Asked Mrs to watch brake lights (can't hit brake and look at lights at the same time) and bingo! As I was going to doctors appointment, who should I come up upon, but a Sheriffs deputy in the left lane of a 4 lane road... So since he was going below the speed limit, and I was going the speed limit, I passed him. He drops in behind me and I wait for the lights to hit me. Coming up to a light, he pulls up on my left and looks me over. I wave, give him a 'thumbs-up', and off I go when the light changes. After the docs app, I go shopping at WalMart and pick up a twin pack of the correct 21/5 bulbs. Swapped one in and away I go! No more bulb out idiot lamp! So far so good for today! Now if only the pop-up storms would stop so I could give her a good wash/wax job!

The following users liked this post:
richb55 (08-13-2020)
Old 08-13-2020, 09:32 PM
Forum Regular
Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by richb55
Here’s the finished product

Here’s the finished project .... for now
Your muffler is loose on the left side? Are you missing the left side rubber isolator or working on the muffler by chance?

Old 08-14-2020, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by Ronman
Your muffler is loose on the left side? Are you missing the left side rubber isolator or working on the muffler by chance?
no rattles , next time I’m underneath I’ll check it out. Good looking out 👍

Old 08-14-2020, 11:13 AM
Forum Regular
Received 85 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by richb55
no rattles , next time I’m underneath I’ll check it out. Good looking out 👍
You don't have to be underneath it. Look above the exhaust tips and you should have a rubber isolator on each side that mounts it to the body. Then there should be one in the middle that just points down. For sure the one on the left fell off, is missing or broken. They are not expensive but hard to put on.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Crossfire today?