All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Autoblog does not miss Crossfire

Old 10-06-2014, 11:13 AM
Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Re: Autoblog does not miss Crossfire

Originally Posted by clok1966
I have seen this for years, Ford/Chevy/Chrysler re-badged other brands for years, yet the NON-american one was great, the american re-badged one was crap. Consumer Reports was one of the worst, when doing ratings. But when it comes to styling it pretty hard to care what anybody else thinks. Music, people, style, we all don't like the same thing and assuming you know what somebody else likes is pretty foolish. Looking at cars from every brand looking exactly the same, the crossfire is simply better looking. Put a honda a toyota in the dark and look at the side silhouette, they are all the same, cookie cutter cars.
My dad, who is a huge fan of the Crossfire was just visiting for a couple of weeks and we took her out for a few nice drives while he was around. He just loves the shape and complicated lines of the Xfire, something you hardly see on any new cars anymore like you stated. Everything is box shaped and just looks dull. Look for example at a Toyota camry. Obviously a great quality car but the outside just looks lame and boring and has always been like that.
It is cheap for car makers to just use the same moldings with little modification.
There isn't really a sports car in the same price range as the Xfire that looks nearly as classy and unique and that says a lot - I have a 10 year old car still outlook nowadays designs.

Also, we love how the car was intended to be a mix between Autobahn and Route 66. The car is awesome for cruising but quick to get up and go if needed. I don't find anything wrong with the steering at all - a lot if based on perception. I sometimes feel like testers just climbed out of a Porsche 911 Turbo and into the Crossfire to draw conclusions.

The following users liked this post:
Ms Kitty NJ (07-22-2022)