All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

2006 Crossfire Won't Start

Old 07-13-2016, 10:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2006 Crossfire Won't Start

Crossfire enthusiasts, I have a 2006 Crossfire SRT6 that I haven't driven in over a year. The reason for this is because I jump started the dead battery while it was still in the car (I later found out I shouldn't have done this) and now the external lights flash and the gas tank latch door will not open. Because the latch will not open, the gas is low and I haven't driven it because I can't refill the gas tank. Has anyone had this problem and what did you do to resolve it? The dealership says it's some sort of module that needs to be replaced and they want $1,500.00 to $2,000.00 to replace it. This is another reason the car has been sitting in the garage. Please advise. THANKS.

Old 07-13-2016, 10:11 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Sounds like you need 2 things to start with, a new battery and a Central Locking Pump Module.
( it's located under the floor of the trunk on the passenger side in a gray foam container )
You can usually find a working one at salvage yards for around $100-$200.
You can unplug the yellow tube running to the gas door and either suck on it or blow on on it to get the pneumatic plunger to release the gas door. ( a replacement CLPM would also let you unlock the door )

Old 07-13-2016, 11:40 PM
Received 560 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
Sounds like you need 2 things to start with, a new battery and a Central Locking Pump Module.
( it's located under the floor of the trunk on the passenger side in a gray foam container )
You can usually find a working one at salvage yards for around $100-$200.
You can unplug the yellow tube running to the gas door and either suck on it or blow on on it to get the pneumatic plunger to release the gas door. ( a replacement CLPM would also let you unlock the door )
I think you have it correct, replace both and get on the road.

Old 07-14-2016, 10:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have long since replaced the battery with a new one. Because the exterior lights remain flashing when I connect the battery, I have opted to disconnect the battery until such time I can resolve the gas tank latch not opening.

I'm not much of a mechanic. I removed the panel located at the passenger side to expose the yellow wiring and I guess hose. What appears to be a hose with some sort of plug on it will not readily come off with gentle pressure. I'm afraid to apply rigorous pressure on account I might break the connection and cause more harm. Is it difficult to remove the connection/cap whatsmacallit thing?

I'll investigate the locking control module recommendation once I've resolved the locked gas tank latch. One thing at a time.

I appreciate any and all assistance regarding this matter.

Old 07-15-2016, 12:00 AM
Received 560 Likes on 470 Posts

Originally Posted by DGREED1
I have long since replaced the battery with a new one. Because the exterior lights remain flashing when I connect the battery, I have opted to disconnect the battery until such time I can resolve the gas tank latch not opening.

I'm not much of a mechanic. I removed the panel located at the passenger side to expose the yellow wiring and I guess hose. What appears to be a hose with some sort of plug on it will not readily come off with gentle pressure. I'm afraid to apply rigorous pressure on account I might break the connection and cause more harm. Is it difficult to remove the connection/cap whatsmacallit thing?

I'll investigate the locking control module recommendation once I've resolved the locked gas tank latch. One thing at a time.

I appreciate any and all assistance regarding this matter.
Do the doors lock and unlock using the fob? The fuel filler lock uses the same air circuit as the passenger door and the hatch/trunk lid or roadster console lock.
The hose to the gas filler cap locking mechanism is tough to get off and can lead to breakage of the nipple on the lock.
If the doors/hatch do not lock/unlock with the fob then the pump is the problem.

Last edited by onehundred80; 07-15-2016 at 06:47 AM.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:47 AM
Received 396 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by onehundred80
Do the doors lock and unlock using the fob? The fuel filler lock uses the same air circuit as the passenger door and the hatch/trunk lid or roadster console lock.
The hose to the gas filler cap locking mechanism is tough to get off and can lead to breakage of the nipple on the lock.
If the doors/hatch do not lock/unlock with the fob then the pump is the problem.

Partially true. If the batteries in the FOB are dead or reversed, the FOB will not unlock anything. I would use the dash switch to cycle the locking mechanism. If the dash switch doesn't work (as well as the FOB's), then I would suspect a fuse, rear trunk module (flooding of CLCM), and go from there. There is a problem (also) with the air line failing at the hatch swivel point (if it is a coupe) so it could be there as well. This originally is an older thread so I didn't read if this member (current) has a coupe or roadster. Maybe I missed something, before I hit send I'll reread.