All Crossfires A place to discuss any model of the Crossfire.

Electrical issues!!!

Old 05-16-2019, 04:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical issues!!!

I have a 2006 crossfire and my windows won’t roll down . There is no noise when I press either power button. My hazards are not working and my switch that deploys the rear wing is not working either . The heated seats switch , radio and interior lighting works. I replaced all the fuses under the hood in the main fuse box as well as the fuses on the left side of the dash Please help

Old 05-16-2019, 11:41 PM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Re: Electrical issues!!!

replace the rcm,,,,,,https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-no-start.html

Old 05-17-2019, 08:25 AM
Received 181 Likes on 151 Posts

I do not know why amx1397, who is very knowledgeable about the Crossfire is suggesting to replace the Relay Control Module.
I know the Body Control Module controls the windows and the wing (not sure about the hazards). First check fuse 19 under the hood. It powers the BCM and should be hot all the time. If you do have power supplied to that fuse be certain the fuse is good. At that point if you still have trouble with the windows and the wing I would suspect the BCM. Before buying another I would try to meet with another Crossfire of the same type as yours. Coupe to coupe, roadster to roadster and swap the BCM module from the good samaritan's car to yours and see if it corrects the problem, before throwing parts at a problem that is not clearly identified.

Old 05-17-2019, 09:09 AM
Old 05-17-2019, 09:27 AM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts

Originally Posted by PAMLRLTN
I have a 2006 crossfire and my windows won’t roll down . There is no noise when I press either power button. My hazards are not working and my switch that deploys the rear wing is not working either . The heated seats switch , radio and interior lighting works. I replaced all the fuses under the hood in the main fuse box as well as the fuses on the left side of the dash Please help
I think we would like to see if this suddenly happened or these problems appeared over some time.
Was anything done to the car recently?

Old 05-21-2019, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
I think we would like to see if this suddenly happened or these problems appeared over some time.
Was anything done to the car recently?
Nothing was recently done to the car. The windows were rolling down and 20 min later they didn’t. The car sat for a year and I never had these issues before

Old 05-21-2019, 08:08 PM

Fuse 19 works . I replaced it with a brand new one and I’m still having the same issues . Also I tested my windshield wipers and they aren’t functioning either but the washer fluid comes out

Old 05-21-2019, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by amx1397
Ok so where is the bcm located and how much will it cost to replace?

Old 05-21-2019, 11:04 PM

Ok so where is the bcm located and how much will it cost to replace?
it is located in the box with the ecu (computer) right in front of the batt. once the cover is removed, look in the container toward the center of the car you will see some fuses that is the rcm (k40) here are some info and pic. read the complete thd. https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-no-start.html

Old 05-21-2019, 11:43 PM

The diagram explains why your washer water is working, but the wiper blades do not. The problems PAMLRLTN is having with the windows and the wing and the wipers are all connected/control by the Body Control Module. They do not have anything to do with the RCM as pictured in the link in post number 9 other than the fact the BCM is also located in the same large black plastic box. I continue to recommend you try to find another Crossfire of the same type as yours and exchange BCM to see if your problems are corrected. Or check for power at the number C4 harness connector on the BCM when the key is turned to the on position. If you have power at the C4 connector of 12volts or a little more, then replace the BCM. That will correct your problems.

PS. "Fuse 19 works . I replaced it with a brand new one and I’m still having the same issues . Also I tested my windshield wipers and they aren’t functioning either but the washer fluid comes out" I am not convinced you have power at fuse 19. Did you insert a volt meter into the fuse slot and measure the voltage? Just because you put a new fuse in the slot doesn't clarify the power issue.

Last edited by zip439; 05-21-2019 at 11:58 PM.
Old 05-22-2019, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by zip439

The diagram explains why your washer water is working, but the wiper blades do not. The problems PAMLRLTN is having with the windows and the wing and the wipers are all connected/control by the Body Control Module. They do not have anything to do with the RCM as pictured in the link in post number 9 other than the fact the BCM is also located in the same large black plastic box. I continue to recommend you try to find another Crossfire of the same type as yours and exchange BCM to see if your problems are corrected. Or check for power at the number C4 harness connector on the BCM when the key is turned to the on position. If you have power at the C4 connector of 12volts or a little more, then replace the BCM. That will correct your problems.

PS. "Fuse 19 works . I replaced it with a brand new one and I’m still having the same issues . Also I tested my windshield wipers and they aren’t functioning either but the washer fluid comes out" I am not convinced you have power at fuse 19. Did you insert a volt meter into the fuse slot and measure the voltage? Just because you put a new fuse in the slot doesn't clarify the power issue.
I. D.o.n.t have a volt meter. I’m going to have to take it to the dealer to have it checked as I live in Pennsylvania and see none of you guys are from here. I really appreciate you guys responses and so happy I found this forum where people actually know what they’re talking about

Old 05-22-2019, 06:29 AM

PAMLRLTN, please do not take your car to a Chrysler dealer. 99% can no longer diagnose your cars troubles as they have changed their computer language and the equipment they have will no longer properly connect to the Crossfire. Their parts are very expensive and most are no longer in the system. Your best way forward is to go to an independent shop that specializes in european cars. Remenber the Crossfire is basically a Mercedes 2003 SLK 32. However, an SLK 32 Body Control Module will not work properly in our cars. You can find a used one online at Redlineautoparts.com or a good junkyard.

click this link, price is $89

Last edited by zip439; 05-22-2019 at 06:38 AM.
Old 05-22-2019, 10:11 AM
Administrator
Received 885 Likes on 689 Posts

See my sigline.

Old 05-22-2019, 10:18 AM
Administrator

IN any case where the BCM is suspected, and I do support some suspicion of the BCM, I'd replace the car's battery and use a wire brush on the battery cable connectors at the same time.
Also, any Crossfire that sat a year needs a new battery. PERIOD.

And any person who says, "I'll have the battery tested" after reading this post is beyond hope and should sell the car as-is.

ONE OTHER THING, where did the car sit? What assurances can you give that you do not have rodent damage to the wiring harness?

The following users liked this post:
MDKEEHN13 (10-29-2022)
Old 05-22-2019, 04:22 PM
Received 375 Likes on 325 Posts

....I’m going to have to take it to the dealer to have it checked....
Don't take it to a dealership unless you want to go in debt! All they will do is replace parts until your wallet and credit is drained.

Old 05-22-2019, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
IN any case where the BCM is suspected, and I do support some suspicion of the BCM, I'd replace the car's battery and use a wire brush on the battery cable connectors at the same time.
Also, any Crossfire that sat a year needs a new battery. PERIOD.

And any person who says, "I'll have the battery tested" after reading this post is beyond hope and should sell the car as-is.

ONE OTHER THING, where did the car sit? What assurances can you give that you do not have rodent damage to the wiring harness?
There is a possibility for rodent damage . The car was in my car near woods for a year. I put a brand new battery in the car

Old 05-22-2019, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by zip439
PAMLRLTN, please do not take your car to a Chrysler dealer. 99% can no longer diagnose your cars troubles as they have changed their computer language and the equipment they have will no longer properly connect to the Crossfire. Their parts are very expensive and most are no longer in the system. Your best way forward is to go to an independent shop that specializes in european cars. Remenber the Crossfire is basically a Mercedes 2003 SLK 32. However, an SLK 32 Body Control Module will not work properly in our cars. You can find a used one online at Redlineautoparts.com or a good junkyard.

click this link, price is $89
I found a BCM on eBay for half the price. How much should labor cost to have it replaced?

Old 05-22-2019, 05:24 PM
Administrator

I found a BCM on eBay for half the price. How much should labor cost to have it replaced?
It plugs in. Just unplug the suspect one and plug in the replacement.

DO NOT pull on the wires, exert force ONLY on the connector housings.

Old 05-22-2019, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by pizzaguy
It plugs in. Just unplug the suspect one and plug in the replacement.

DO NOT pull on the wires, exert force ONLY on the connector housings.
Does it need to be programmed

Old 05-22-2019, 08:11 PM
Administrator

It is my understanding that the BCM is generic and has no specific information in it, a BCM is a BCM.

NOW, I do believe the SRT and Base/Limited BCMs are different, but I can't say that for sure. If you car is an SRT, get a BCM from an SRT - if not an SRT make sure the BCM didn't come from an SRT.

I THINK I read that the Coupe and Roadster take the same BCM, which surprises me, because the BCM in the Roadster has control over the windows when you move the top.

Just get a BCM from the same configuration (coupe or roadster) and trim level (SRT or Base/Limited) and you should be fine.

Last edited by pizzaguy; 05-22-2019 at 08:13 PM.

Quick Reply: Electrical issues!!!