Crossfire SRT6 A place to discuss SRT-6 specific topics.

Code Three Performance Intercooler Reservoir

Old 04-06-2010, 11:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code Three Performance Intercooler Reservoir

I Want To Know If This Product Is Really Worth It What Do You Guy Think?

Old 04-06-2010, 11:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Code Three Performance Intercooler Reservoir

IMO, not worth it. It would be much easier/cheaper to go to a local fab shop and have one fab'd up for you that will do the same job. In addition, I believe that 240M3SRT is selling a reservoir tank to separate out the engine and supercharger cooling. Search for that and it will definitely be cheaper and exactly what you are looking for.

Old 04-08-2010, 09:44 AM
Forum Regular

Well, Code3 doesn't make one that fits the SLK or SRT-6. I went the route of fabbing one up myself. In the end it's not that much cheaper, at least it wasn't for me. People have gone different routes for fab: smaller battery and put a tank there or trunk mount. I chose to reroute a couple hoses and utilize space in front of the motor.

I'd say it definately helps as I've run 12.173 & 12.174 back to back passes at the dragstrip. For daily driving, it gives me an extra 1.1 gallons of fuid and the system is seperated from the engine coolant. At the track, I can fill it with ice for a VERY fast cooldown. I also have a switch that allows me to cycle the pump on with the car off.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
installed2-sm.jpg (74.8 KB, 125 views)
File Type: jpg
installed1-sm.jpg (79.9 KB, 91 views)
Old 04-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Buggin
Well, Code3 doesn't make one that fits the SLK or SRT-6. I went the route of fabbing one up myself. In the end it's not that much cheaper, at least it wasn't for me. People have gone different routes for fab: smaller battery and put a tank there or trunk mount. I chose to reroute a couple hoses and utilize space in front of the motor.

I'd say it definately helps as I've run 12.173 & 12.174 back to back passes at the dragstrip. For daily driving, it gives me an extra 1.1 gallons of fuid and the system is seperated from the engine coolant. At the track, I can fill it with ice for a VERY fast cooldown. I also have a switch that allows me to cycle the pump on with the car off.
I like your set up....that is something I am thinking about doing...

Old 04-08-2010, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by Buggin

Where can i get that, that is a very good set up, i was looking for something like that....

Old 04-08-2010, 04:45 PM
Forum Regular

The guy that built my tank made an extra (I sent him a cardboard mockup). I'd have to look at an SRT-6 to see if it would fit the same and put the brackets on it. I'll ask him how much he'd sell it for if you want.

Old 04-08-2010, 05:03 PM

Yes that will be nice... i would really appreciate it thank you.

Old 04-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Forum Regular

and ask how much to make an additional one too, please

Old 04-08-2010, 06:32 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

I might go for one too if the price is right......Group buy?

Les

Old 04-08-2010, 07:24 PM
THREE 6S

I'm interested also.

Old 04-08-2010, 08:16 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

You guys have short memories.... here is the link to BrianBraves separtated IC system...

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...nt-tank-2.html

I did mine using the factory overflow tank and a Mezier surge tank......

I like Brian's better and will replace my factory can with a custom one at some point....

Old 04-08-2010, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by MikeR
You guys have short memories.... here is the link to BrianBraves separtated IC system...

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...nt-tank-2.html

I did mine using the factory overflow tank and a Mezier surge tank......

I like Brian's better and will replace my factory can with a custom one at some point....
I just want a tank....I know moparrbust did one....I have someone who just might be able to do this....I will see and get back to ya's....thanks Mike...I thought this was what they were talking about...I want to be able to ice her down....dang weather would straighten up, I could start working on the coupe...getting ready to send 240 a message that I'm shipping out the extra manis for him to mod...so a tank while tearing into things would be nice....

Old 04-09-2010, 08:00 AM
THREE 6S

You can’t introduce ice into the surge tank BB outlined, that’s why he fab a new res. I’m simply looking to introduce ice into the system, periodically. It appears Buggins setup is dual purpose, surge tank and ice box. Although, BB res is very nice!

Old 04-09-2010, 10:53 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry, Brians tank is a separate tank. He has a Mezier's surge tank. He built the custom tank so he could add ice. He just found that it didnt give him what he wanted. His system is plumbed a little different so that his pump pushes the coolant through the custom tank continuously..... I still think his is the best solution to date.... outside of the supercooler from Woody...

Old 04-09-2010, 08:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

SUPERCOOLER RULES!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-10-2010, 11:52 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

I discovered when icing down my IC coolant using the tank and coolant routing I built; this system might work well for drag racers if the ice is added just prior to staging.

On a hot day, when you could really use the chilled coolant, the hot air moving thru your HE will rapidly re-warm the coolant to match the OAT and then return to the normal heating/cooling temps that you would see without ice. The larger and more efficient your HE - the faster the iced coolant will re-heat. (those dang things work well both ways)

With my routing - the iced coolant is pumped directly from the tank to the Intercooler - then back down to the HE and then back up into the tank for more icing.

If you use the stock hose routing; the iced coolant will flow from the tank, down to the HE, where is will be warmed back up before going to the Intercooler (where you need it) - I did put a bit of thought into my system. I'm just not a drag racer so I was happy with the results the added fluid volume produced over the longer runs I do.

The other draw back - you'll need to keep draining the added IC coolant from the system as the ice melts. So a drain valve and tube will become necessary if you plan to ice over several runs. Lest you want to drip on the track....

Old 04-10-2010, 11:56 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Also, you should use distilled water to make your ice - or else the minerals and other impurities will scour the walls of your IC and HE.

Or else drain and flush your system after the day at the races.

Old 04-11-2010, 01:02 AM
Forum Regular

Brian do you think theres a point to seperating the IC and the engine coolant unless you do it your modified way?

For example do you think the coolant seperate kit NeedsWings has will have any benefit? or do the IC and the engine coolant temp's remain the same? I've heard the IC temps should be about 20 degrees lower

Old 04-11-2010, 01:00 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Originally Posted by kolevski
Brian do you think theres a point to seperating the IC and the engine coolant unless you do it your modified way?

For example do you think the coolant seperate kit NeedsWings has will have any benefit? or do the IC and the engine coolant temp's remain the same? I've heard the IC temps should be about 20 degrees lower
Isolating the IC coolant from the engine coolant is a very benificial mod and one I suggest - no matter which route you take.

I designed this mod becouse I was the first to install the 185mm pulley and I was concerned about elevated IAT's - which turned out to be a non-issue (but one still being claimed) - none the less - I would isolate again even with the factory pulley.

I installed a IAT gauge and observed the intake temps before and after the isolation. I also measured the coolant temps before and after the isolation. The results are night and day - I can drive my SRT6 hard - pull over, open the hood and remove the cap to my IC coolant tank and stick my finger into the coolant with no issues... You'll never be able to do that stock - much less just poping the cap off the factory tank without a blast of hot coolant in the face. Also my IAT's recover so much quicker now after boosting hard.

Elevated IAT's are a sure way to have the ECU pull timing on you.

IC coolant temp before isolation

IC coolant temp after isolation

Old 04-11-2010, 10:20 PM

OK, this is my idea, since it looks like all of you have went different directions. I am looking at separating the system and building a tank with a coil of copper tubing running inside of a custom tank that I can add ice to. Tank will not be pressurized this way, just a place to hold ice. The coil will give me more volume, and should have some cooling as the hot water passes thru the tank....waste of time or not????

Quick Reply: Code Three Performance Intercooler Reservoir