New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

New to forum

Old 06-04-2014, 09:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile New to forum

HI all!

I'm the proud owner of a sexy red 2005 Limited Roadster 6 speed manual, who I call Scarlet. She's a dream to drive and I love having a car that is not very common on the street. She gets compliments all the time, even when she hasn't been cleaned. I bought it 5 years ago used and just recently came up on 80K miles.

Sadly, I've had a few issues with the car and it has cost me a lot of money and headaches. After reading many posts on this board, I realize I could have saved thousands upon thousands of dollars had I found this site sooner. The last estimate to fix a number of things at the dealer was well over $5K. I was determined to get her right but I had a gut feeling that the dealer was not the way to go anymore. Thankfully, a family member took a look at her and he was able to fix almost everything for about $1K in parts. We both came to the conclusion that the dealer might have done more harm than good in previous visits.

Some weird stuff is still going on that he was not able to fix, but I've come to the conclusion that my dear Scarlet is haunted.

Issues with the AC runs even if I have it shut off, it comes on all on it's own, and blows out extremely hot air out of the blue. The preset radio stations switch between 1 and 10 all on its own, too. (Been reading this is an issue with other owners, too) I'm replacing the antenna and see if that works, since the antenna is in bad shape.

Anyway, I'm so happy to have found this site and hope to get the car in optimal shape. I absolutely love driving it and telling her how sexy she is.

I look forward learning and meeting you all.

Thanks,
Rosmery

Old 06-04-2014, 09:13 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: New to forum

Welcome aboard, I think its the best color to own.

Originally Posted by MariposaRose
HI all!

I'm the proud owner of a sexy red 2005 Limited Roadster 6 speed manual, who I call Scarlet. She's a dream to drive and I love having a car that is not very common on the street. She gets compliments all the time, even when she hasn't been cleaned. I bought it 5 years ago used and just recently came up on 80K miles.

Sadly, I've had a few issues with the car and it has cost me a lot of money and headaches. After reading many posts on this board, I realize I could have saved thousands upon thousands of dollars had I found this site sooner. The last estimate to fix a number of things at the dealer was well over $5K. I was determined to get her right but I had a gut feeling that the dealer was not the way to go anymore. Thankfully, a family member took a look at her and he was able to fix almost everything for about $1K in parts. We both came to the conclusion that the dealer might have done more harm than good in previous visits.

Some weird stuff is still going on that he was not able to fix, but I've come to the conclusion that my dear Scarlet is haunted.

Issues with the AC runs even if I have it shut off, it comes on all on it's own, and blows out extremely hot air out of the blue. The preset radio stations switch between 1 and 10 all on its own, too. (Been reading this is an issue with other owners, too) I'm replacing the antenna and see if that works, since the antenna is in bad shape.

Anyway, I'm so happy to have found this site and hope to get the car in optimal shape. I absolutely love driving it and telling her how sexy she is.

I look forward learning and meeting you all.

Thanks,
Rosmery

Old 06-04-2014, 09:16 PM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Welcome.
There are many knowledgeable ppl on here, and lots of precious info when searched for.
What area do you live in, there are several XFire groups and runs. GL

Old 06-04-2014, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Speedy4x4
Welcome.
There are many knowledgeable ppl on here, and lots of precious info when searched for.
What area do you live in, there are several XFire groups and runs. GL
I've been searching and reading all day like a mad woman. So much useful information! I keep running outside to try stuff and check stuff on my car.

I live in Vero Beach, FL - so mid-east FL.

Thanks guys!

Old 06-04-2014, 10:23 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 522 Likes on 357 Posts

Welcome Rosmery ,
Glad ya finally found us here
This is the best place to troubleshoot any problem you may have
Also if you are on Facebook you will find that Florida has tons of Crossfire owners who meet up frequently but most all of there activity is planned on Faceboook although most of them are members here too
Below is the link to the FB group page

Florida Crossfire Group

Also keep a watch on the
Crossfire Meets section here on the forum where meets with Crossfire owners are always being planned
There are many in Florida and Georgia who convoy together to some of these events

Again welcome

Gary