New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

The New Roadster, few pics and some recommendation questions!

Old 06-06-2014, 01:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The New Roadster, few pics and some recommendation questions!

So a couple weeks ago we posted that the misses and I were about to pull the trigger on one of two cars. Either a 2004 Black Coupe with 56K on the clock for $8000 or a 2005 Saphire Silver Roadster w/ 8700 on the clock for $12000.

Well after weighing the pluses and minuses of both cars we bought the Silver Roadster. The car was basically a 10 year olfd new car. It had been properly cared for and exhibited none of the big issues I had read up on here on the board, thanks for this wonderful forum. Top and Window in good shape, no sticky ignition, and nothing else to fret.Drove like a dream and the tires had plenty of life 16/32nds. So it is done here a few pictures.

So a few Suggestions or recommendations from the wealth of knowledge on this board.

1. The headlights clear coats are already going to shte, Guess being garage kept w/ low miles does not matter to these cars. they remind me off the honey badger.... They dont give a fuhk This being said I was planning on utilizing the 3M headlight kit and once done slapping a layer of Laminex over those bad boys. Does this sound like the best plan of action?

2. Preventative Work? I am already planning on fixing the ignition pin in next week or so. anything else I should just nip in the bud while I am thinking about it?

3. I want to keep the canvas top and window in best shape possible. So this has two questions. First on the Rear window, there is no seperation going on which is great. But is there a preventivie measure that can be taken to prevent this from happening? I am thinking of using the two part epoxy around all the edges to attach that somebitch forever. Is this recomended or jsut let it be?

4. What is the best canvas top cleaner/conditioner? Also prefer it not cost crazy money.

5. Suggestions on Leather Dye and Leather care? Any suggestions on Dye companys? The Driver bolster is already showing a little fading b/c of the prior owner was a bit elderly and chubby and dragged his fat **** across that bolster quite a bit. then I am huge Lexol fan for leather, do you folks concur.

6. I hate the front license plate mount any suggestions on fixing that wont look like total crap? Let me state I am not willing to use filler and have the front repainted.

So this was a bit of a large post, already loving the new car, and I appreciate any and all feed back

Cheers

Moltenburn

Ryan

Old 06-06-2014, 03:12 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Re: The New Roadster, few pics and some recomendation questions!!

1. Yes. ( but I used Meguire's heavy duty industrial grade refinishing kit )
2. RCM - Mystery No Start fix and cup holder / bin replacement.
3. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
4. 303 Top Conditioner
5. dunno
6. dunno
Make sure you have the "special tool" and a 6 mm hex wrench in the console or glove box, NOT the trunk.
Remove the plastic trunk latching thingey - see pizzaguy's post on this.
How old is the battery ?

Go out to Golden and meet Bob Maier ( rmaier ) .
itsky is also close by and one heck of a nice guy.

See my list of stuff in my sig below.

Last edited by ala_xfire; 06-06-2014 at 03:15 PM.
Old 06-07-2014, 08:14 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

#6- I went to autozone and bought a bag of those plastic body panel buttons. Once you remove that mount there will be two holes (hopefully). Buy some touch up paint and paint the little buttons to match, plug right into the holes. Did this on the wife's Alabaster, can't hardly see them till you get close. Hope this helps.
BTW-welcome to the forum...

Old 06-07-2014, 08:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the comments folks. So ignition , RCM solder, cupholder delete, rodger that. I will yank the plate holder off and see where I sit. Sometime this summer I will go see Bob in Golden. Not sure on the battery but will check that and make sure all tools are there. Thanks again off to the Loveland Auto Show.