New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

2005 roadster convertible top

Old 08-12-2014, 10:34 PM
wrt
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 roadster convertible top

I bought my black 2005 roadster convertible in 2006, started having a problem with the rear glass last year. the car has 21600 miles and kept covered. took it to an auto upholstery shop wherever the shop owner said repaired several using of 3m product, not sure which one. now I'm having the fluid problem just refilled the reservoir. the front section the T handle no longer stays up by itself, and the scene on the bowl section has separated. does anyone have any suggestionson how to reseal the same as it appears to have been glued originally. thank you to all the forum members as I would never have found love or or pump without reading the post, or figured out the manual operation without watching the YouTube video,
Bill,
West Palm Beach, Florida

Old 08-12-2014, 10:43 PM
wrt
Default Re: 2005 roadster convertible top

sorry, seen on the bowl should have read seam on the Bow,and have no idea where the"Not Found Love" things came from, was trying to say reservoir, must have sounded French!
BILL

Old 08-12-2014, 10:44 PM
wrt

was using Android voiceo

Old 08-13-2014, 01:46 AM

Take your car to the dealer and see if you have the ten year top warranty. I just had my top replaced three weeks ago with only 28k miles on it. If you bought it in FL then you will have the warranty.

Old 08-13-2014, 05:30 AM
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Hello Bill . . . Welcome to the forum . . . A couple of things . . .

When you find an error in your post, it is best to go to that post and "edit" it to correct the error rather than making a new post trying to explain the original error.

The roadster rear window glass adhesive failure is something that will eventually affect ALL Crossfire roadster OEM convertible tops. There are MANY threads here on the forum about this subject. Use the Google Custom Search box at the top of the forum page to find information on whatever subject you require. For example type in "roadster rear window" and see what you find. This is probably the most comprehensive thread . . . happy reading . . .

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post621864

You'll find that the very limited "warranty" that Chrysler issued regarding the rear window glass adhesive failure only covers vehicles that were originally delivered in a few specific southern states. You'll need to call Chrysler Customer Care and give them your VIN number to see if your vehicle is eligible for a new top under their warranty.

For your problem with the convertible top hydraulics there is a lot of information on that subject too. Type "convertible top hydraulics" into the Google Custom Search Box and happy reading . . .

Last edited by RED DOG; 08-13-2014 at 05:40 AM.