Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

I think they forgot the oil pressure gauge

Old 03-22-2005, 08:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I think they forgot the oil pressure gauge

What's the logic behind not putting an oil pressure gauge or light on the dash. I read the owners book and the best I can figure oil level is all we have. I did a search on the forum for oil pressure but there was very little about it other than we don't have one.

I've always considerd the oil pressure gauge/light the most important indicator. How would anybody know that they had an oil pump failure and the engine was about to blow? Also, never had a car that would indicate that you had too much oil. I would trade that light for the other!

BTW, this is my first Chrysler product and/or German product.

Old 03-24-2005, 12:03 PM
Default Re: I think they forgot the oil pressure gauge

seems like most cars only have temp, mph, rpm, and fuel , i guess because the majority of the population has no idea what oil pressure even is. From what i have seen alot of german(or any other country) cars that are not performance car only have the basic gauges.

Old 03-24-2005, 07:00 PM
Default Re: I think they forgot the oil pressure gauge

Every car I've ever owned either has an oil pressure light or a gauge but I did find some info about oil pressure in my CD service manual. Turns out it may be monitored after all. I still haven't found any info about a oil pressure sending unit. The following has been coppied directly from the CD.

OPERATION
The charging system is turned on and off with the ignition switch. The system is on when the engine is running. The
Check Gauges Lamp monitors: charging system voltage, engine coolant temperature and engine oil pressure. If an
extreme condition is indicated, the lamp will be illuminated. This is done as reminder to check the three gauges.
The lamp is located on the instrument panel. Refer to Instrument Cluster for additional information. Refer to Page
8J-56.