Audio, Video and Electronics Have audio, video or electronics questions? Post them in here.

Anyone interested in a sub box for the coupe

Old 06-26-2007, 07:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone interested in a sub box for the coupe

SRT6_Roadster

I will need to do some exploring before I give you an answer. If you are form around here stop in and we will start taking it apart to see that would be feasible. You will still get a better bass response form the Box we have built.

Old 06-26-2007, 08:28 PM
ADDICTED TO BOOST
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is the enclosure installed. It arrived today so I threw it in right quick. The build is quite nice, and this is a good value. I replaced the grey "trunk liner" carpet that came on it with a black fabric that is the perfect match to the seats in a base coupe. The only thing to be aware of it I had to make the speaker hole larger. If you are running anything other than JL Audio, you may have to do this. I test fit both the RE AUDIO that is shown and a Diamond Audio and the hole need to be enlarged for either sub. No big deal, just pull out the trusty jig saw and get to cutting!

A great fit in the car, and I will demo it later tonight. The weather is BAD here in Dallas and I will get out on the road after the storm passes!

Overall a great buy if you want a clean set up for your Crossfire! Thanks NAZAR!!!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
crossfire.re1.JPG (884.9 KB, 94 views)
crossfire.re2.JPG (889.7 KB, 105 views)
crossfire.re3.JPG (853.3 KB, 105 views)

Last edited by BLKFIN; 06-26-2007 at 08:31 PM.
Old 06-27-2007, 11:31 AM

I like it. It reminds me of the sub enclosure in the Tiburon, which I posted a thread on not too long ago.

Attached Images
a726_3.jpg (78.5 KB, 75 views)
Old 06-27-2007, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by BLKFIN
Here is the enclosure installed. It arrived today so I threw it in right quick. The build is quite nice, and this is a good value. I replaced the grey "trunk liner" carpet that came on it with a black fabric that is the perfect match to the seats in a base coupe. The only thing to be aware of it I had to make the speaker hole larger. If you are running anything other than JL Audio, you may have to do this. I test fit both the RE AUDIO that is shown and a Diamond Audio and the hole need to be enlarged for either sub. No big deal, just pull out the trusty jig saw and get to cutting!

A great fit in the car, and I will demo it later tonight. The weather is BAD here in Dallas and I will get out on the road after the storm passes!

Overall a great buy if you want a clean set up for your Crossfire! Thanks NAZAR!!!
Hey,

Great to see you ordered the box also...mine will be arriving tomorrow. One question though...are you happy with the bass output as compared to your previous (3) 6JL audio subs you had in the trunk??? Is it More output (spl) like you expected?

Old 06-27-2007, 08:01 PM
ADDICTED TO BOOST

I presently have the 6w0’s in a one cubic foot sealed enclosure. Prior to putting the RE AUDIO in the new fiberglass box, I had it in a 1.6 cubic foot slot port enclosure. My amp puts out 250 watts at 4 ohms (6w0’s) it does about 400 at 2 ohms (RE AUDIO) so when switching them out to compare output, the 6w0’s are at a disadvantage due to the power change at the impedance loads. A slot port enclosure will be anywhere from 3 to 5 db louder at the same power level even more with the power being increased. When we spoke, there was a vast difference in output between my two set ups. Now the playfield has evened a bit. The new set up only has the advantage of putting my amp at a different power level, and right now there is not a huge difference in output. If the power level was the same, the difference would be even less. The new enclosure hits deeper, but the 6w0’s hit punchier bass notes. They both sound good, but my amp is optimized at a 2 ohm load witch I have with this set up. I know you like the appearance of the 6w0’s and the best way for you to decide it to hear them side by side. They are listed on eBay as we speak...all you have to do is win the auction and hear them for yourself, if your unhappy…sell them to someone else!

But comparing enclosure to enclosure, my slot port box would walk all over this fiberglass one. It would make the windshield wipers bounce. I started competing in car audio in 1993, I made it to the world IASCA finals 3 years straight, so I no a thing or two about output. This is a nice enclosure that sounds great, but there are other designs out there that can make the same sub louder. I am just thrilled to have my hatch back!!! I love to do roadtrips, and with my other enclosures, I would have to cram stuff back there or remove the enclosures completely leaving me with just my mids and highs to listen too. I am very pleased with this set up and I think you will be too.

Old 06-27-2007, 08:04 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Nazar
SRT6_Roadster

I will need to do some exploring before I give you an answer. If you are form around here stop in and we will start taking it apart to see that would be feasible. You will still get a better bass response form the Box we have built.
Hi Nazar,

Unfortunately I am not local so I can't stop by. I would have been by awhile ago if I was local.

Having the convertible and such a small trunk kind of rules out the box you guys are currently stocking.

Old 07-14-2007, 05:58 PM

So anyone else interested in the enclosure?

Old 07-15-2007, 12:31 AM
Forum Regular

I am still interested in a box for behind the seats.

Old 07-18-2007, 01:28 PM
Smile Re: Anyone interested in a sub box for the coupe

OMG!!!...I finally installed my new toy in the trunk...and there are No words i know in the english language that can describe how surprised and happy i am with this set up. I went with a JL Audio 10W7 and a Soundstream 880 watt amp and JL Audio Cleansweep and kept the factory radio and ALL factory interior speakers. The JL Cleansweep has a feature of a master volume **** where i can adjust the Sub only and even turn it off completely and still enjoy the factory sound when not in the mood to be "bass-ed' out...or when i turn the **** to about 3/4 level...i can have the trunk area sounding like TWO 12 inch speakers are thumping back there. (ALL that sound coming from just ONE 10"W7) !!!

The only thing i see myself doing is a possible upgrade of the components to maybe a MB Quart brand so they can "scream" at me rather than just talk to me as they do now with the factory amp and components...we shall see.

THANKS AGAIN to Nazar and his fellow employees @ C.A.S. Audio up in NH.

Old 07-21-2007, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by CrucialCrossfire
OMG!!!...I finally installed my new toy in the trunk...and there are No words i know in the english language that can describe how surprised and happy i am with this set up. I went with a JL Audio 10W7 and a Soundstream 880 watt amp and JL Audio Cleansweep and kept the factory radio and ALL factory interior speakers. The JL Cleansweep has a feature of a master volume **** where i can adjust the Sub only and even turn it off completely and still enjoy the factory sound when not in the mood to be "bass-ed' out...or when i turn the **** to about 3/4 level...i can have the trunk area sounding like TWO 12 inch speakers are thumping back there. (ALL that sound coming from just ONE 10"W7) !!!

The only thing i see myself doing is a possible upgrade of the components to maybe a MB Quart brand so they can "scream" at me rather than just talk to me as they do now with the factory amp and components...we shall see.

THANKS AGAIN to Nazar and his fellow employees @ C.A.S. Audio up in NH.
CC, You will have to take me for a spin when I get down there so I can see just how hard the bass hits. I am interested in the enclosure but I was going to buy a new head unit first (need something for my ipod). Any ideas for next weekend? I'll be staying at some place called the Loft, ever heard of it? Anyway I can't wait to get down there...I'll hit you up when I get there on Friday.

Old 10-01-2007, 12:12 PM

Still available guys, we're offering packages on these enclosures with JL Audio subs too, so either PM me or gimme a call at 603-642-4222. Great response so far on these boxes.

Old 11-28-2007, 11:52 AM
Default Xmas Special!!!

We're offering our enclosure until DECEMBER 31ST for $299.95 + Shipping!!! OR Package it with a JL Audio 10W1V2 for $379.95 or 10W3V3 for $429.95!! Orders with subs get JL Audio grilles at no additional charge until December 31st. Act Fast!!

Old 11-28-2007, 06:51 PM
Forum Regular

Nazar:

Is the Crossfire box enclosed? Ported? Waveguide? What's the volume (size)? I'm not interested in a "boom" box, but I would like to be able to get flat response down to 30Hz or lower.

Old 12-05-2007, 09:15 PM

This is a sealed enclosure and the internal volume is just slightly over 1 cubic foot. If you're not looking for "boom" go with the 10" enclosure (we make it both ways) and pair it with the right equipment and what i mean by that is use a woofer/amp combo with some range. Don't use junk, whether it be from my shop or elsewhere. Use a woofer equivilent to the JL Audio 10W3V3 or the JL 10W6V2 (the latter preferably). The W6 will hit hard when needed but precisely at the same time. Pair that with a good amp between 250-350 watts and i'd say you'd have a winner.

Old 12-05-2007, 11:33 PM
Received 73 Likes on 38 Posts

I can't see any pics in those links. Just text.

Old 12-06-2007, 08:29 AM

How much for shipping to California 92618 busniness adress?

Justin

Old 12-06-2007, 02:42 PM

http://www.wickedcas.com/product.php...&cat=11&page=1

Here's a link to our online store. If you add the item to your shopping cart also it will calculate shipping for you to anywhere in the world. If interested we can package these enclosures with subs.

Old 02-03-2008, 12:43 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's Nazar's box, with a 10w7 installed, ready for matching carpet and a custom grill.

Bravo on a great product.

Old 05-27-2008, 04:13 AM
Default Re: Xmas Special!!!

Originally Posted by Nazar
We're offering our enclosure until DECEMBER 31ST for $299.95 + Shipping!!! OR Package it with a JL Audio 10W1V2 for $379.95 or 10W3V3 for $429.95!! Orders with subs get JL Audio grilles at no additional charge until December 31st. Act Fast!!
Are you still offering these in the 12" size?

Old 05-27-2008, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by SRT6nTulsa
Here's Nazar's box, with a 10w7 installed, ready for matching carpet and a custom grill.

Bravo on a great product.

Are both of those amps powering just the one sub?

Quick Reply: Anyone interested in a sub box for the coupe