Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Is there any REAL way to get any power (hp)?

Old 04-10-2006, 11:50 PM
Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Is there any REAL way to get any power (hp)?

I already read this disappointing threads on the ECU upgrade (how it is a total scam because no dynos where given), how there is no manufactured intake you have to make a custom one (however is not proved/disproved and hp gains, also im not that mechanically inclined/knowledgeable), and the only real way to get any power is through a $8,000+ custom turbo?

Is there any way to get some power???

P.S. Has any one tryed this MimoUsa electric super charger???, If it works the crossfire has two intakes so we are looking a gains of 30-50 hp.

(I have my fingers crossed )

http://www.mimousa.com/home.asp?dir=products&prod=952

Old 04-11-2006, 12:20 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Is there any REAL way to get any power (Hp)?

The best reliable way to get HP is Brabus & Renntech. Search the site more for other mods.

Old 04-11-2006, 12:32 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

stay away from electric superchargers/turbos... most are huge scams using boat bilge fans that will explode and damage your motor when they do and give no gains.... and a few are high power high priced powerful blower motors that will give a few extra hp (bad hp to dollar ratio) and activate only at wide open throttle and shut down in just a few seconds before it has a chance to overheat...

you gotta pay to play... if this is a short term car for you, then there is nothing worthwhile to buy for it at the moment and you'd be happier with a 350z and the great aftermarket they have... if it is a long term car for you, then start planning a crazy twin turbo setup for it for when the warranty expires and you've save money on the side...

personally i was looking to get the super sprint headers when i thought they where $600 bux and modifying them... turns out its $2,600 bux... please, i can turbocharge this thing for $4,000 (i've built single turbo setups that ran like a stock car for around $2,000 bux before, not just blabbing) and adding the borla exhaust with the stock tips to finish it and then hunting for a dead srt6 in a junkyard to scavenge the supercharger... but we will see how things turn out, if i can't find a cheap blower for it... twin turbo it is... plus my patented extra fueling solution. :P extra injectors for everybody !

yea, rather disappointing there is nothing for it... i remedy the lack of forward oomph by out cornering everyone... that ends things quick...

Old 04-11-2006, 08:57 AM
Banned
Cool Re: Is there any REAL way to get any power (Hp)?

Over a year ago there was a Pilot here that rebuilt the upper end with different cams and valve springs he said his increase was over 50 hp! I don't remember the thread but he seemed legit! He estimated about real 4-5k cost! Similar to renntech 3.7 displacement.

Old 04-11-2006, 12:37 PM
Forum Regular

Here's the formula: (new math) More Horse Power / Crossfire = SRT-6 + 94 Octane - $$$.
Relax and enjoy the ride.

Old 04-11-2006, 01:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have seen this stuff done on other cars so...

Port Matching / Polishing the intake runner.
Polish the heads.
Deck the heads.
Cams.
Extrude hone the exhaust manifolds.
There is always N20 (nitrous).

Old 04-14-2006, 02:55 AM
Default Re: Is there any REAL way to get any power (hp)?

I like the car because it's rare, and nobody has one where i live. But i am severely disappointed will the hp. Sorry not to a offend you Fritzauf but buying a new more expensive crossfire isn't really a option because i am 18 and paying for college. I got the car practically for free, and if i did have 50K to spend, there is no way i would by crossfire. I would by an m3 or something else fast/rare that runs on pump gas (live in california highest octane we get is 91).

Old 04-14-2006, 05:00 PM
Received 73 Likes on 38 Posts

^^^ I think the Xfire is just fast enough. Sure other cars are faster but you have to look at the big picture. Other cars don't have the styling or the features the Xfire has. Or they do and just plain ugly. I for one wouldn't trade my nice riding just fast enough Xfire for more horsepower sheep car. Are you a sheep?

Also, with a little suspension mods this car handles wickedly good. Thats where you should spend money. This dragstrip crap is for kiddies IMO. My '90 Porsche S2 has Koni/H&R suspension and I only have 215 hp but I constantly leave cars with 100 hp or more in the dust on Connecticut back roads as their overpowered non handling crap lunges from side to side.

I like style, comfort, great handling, and power but I don't mind the Xfire power one bit. Would I like an extra 100 hp? Sure, but I don't think it kills the car for me. I'd be happy with 10 extra ponies.

Oh well.

Old 04-14-2006, 05:23 PM

there are cams, but they are expensive...

Old 04-14-2006, 08:07 PM
Forum Regular

Why would I be offended by the fact that you can't afford an SRT-6? Most people who drive Crossfires and entertain the idea of modifying them have $$$. Because that's what it takes! Especially to realize reasonable gains in horsepower. You asked.

Although there are some who complain about the price of gas or oil and filters for their cars. Hmmm...

Good luck! Enjoy college and your Crossfire.

Old 04-16-2006, 04:32 AM

Speaking of suspension modifications does any company make strut/sway bars for the crossfire roadster???

Old 04-16-2006, 08:43 AM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by GTR DRAGON
Speaking of suspension modifications does any company make strut/sway bars for the crossfire roadster???
HDDP... has larger "slk32 amg" sway bars on his crossfire... these bars should fit your roadster as well.

i'm not aware of any available upper strut bars on the market.