Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

What other people say about our Crossfires

Old 06-04-2006, 12:50 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What other people say about our Crossfires

I was just browsing around when I run into this site:

http://www.solsticeforum.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=3271

Old 06-04-2006, 01:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What other people say about our Crossfires

The guy who said when he got to 60 miles an hour the back end got loose must be NUTS, for I never have a car stick like my Xfire does.

Old 06-04-2006, 02:08 AM
Forum Regular

the seats are nearly on the back tires... this results in every slight movement of the rear end to seem exaggerated to the occupants... so what he felt is nothing odd just that it was the first time he felt it probably.

i find it to be a total kick when i go over a bump in the road at 80+ and the rear shifts a bit and your passenger freaks while you fully know there is no way in hell the 255 tires in the back are going to break traction when they hit the pavement again. :P

Old 06-04-2006, 09:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The thing that sold me on the Crossfire was Rod & Truck's special sports car issue where they pointed out that the Crossfire cornered slightly faster than the Porsche Boxster. The complainants on the steering issue are interpreting the slow ratio as a "dead" feel. While I don't like the slow ratio I've never felt that the front end wasn't telling me exactly what it was doing.

On the other hand a couple of Saturn owners I know have raved about the way their dealerships have treated them and handled any problems that have cropped up, which is an experience most Crossfire owners haven't had.

Old 06-04-2006, 08:23 PM

It seems like there's one guy saying that don't compare the '04 Xfire to the new '06 solstice for pricing that instead compare new to new. Yeah the pricing is up on the XFire but so is the QUALITY, PERFORMANCE and ENGINEERING and so on and so forth. GM quality need i say more... Yeah the Solstice is a nice attempt at GM finally making something really affordable and desirable but they should have been there maybe 15 years ago not in '06 when there's alot of competition for the solstice and alot more to choose from in other makes and the only thing that's making the solstice a nice buy is the price because in quality it falls in the traditional GM quality rating, poor and in power the engine its not powerful at all even more so once it hits 60 it takes forever to hit 110 mph and speak of space which there is ZERO. At least the XFire has a decent trunk in the convertible and a big enough trunk in the coupe for a couple of travel bags.

And since when does the Xfire not have rear speakers??? some of these people really tick me off when they say things like this about a car they supposedly tested I mean all you have to do is look behind the seats i mean what did that guy do jump in and drive it and jump out??? did he not peruse the car like anyone attempting to buy a new car does.

As for the guy saying the end was gonna break loose at 60 mph is FULL OF SH*T, pardon the expression. This car handles and glues itself to the road better than alot of cars out there and WAY BETTER than any Solstice.

And the lack of power issue that they mention is something they all gather from reading stupid magazines that hate the crossfire but if they really drove it they'd realize that the car has enough power and that it feels stronger than its claim of 215 hp and 229 torque because of its light weight and gearing especially in the top end where the crossfire just seems to be able to go into triple digit speeds very quickly.

Last edited by BullFrog; 06-04-2006 at 08:28 PM.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by BullFrog
And since when does the Xfire not have rear speakers???
I thought those were subs?

Old 06-04-2006, 09:34 PM

Well during our cruise today we had a bunch of people tell us "sweet rides"!!!

Old 06-04-2006, 10:15 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PureVim
I thought those were subs?
They are indeed subs.

Old 06-04-2006, 11:16 PM
Forum Regular

I thought the person who said the ride was stiff made me think of reviews on other sports cars where they say its to mushy. Mushy is for luxury which I appreciate and want and firm is for sporty which I also want in a sports car.

Old 06-05-2006, 09:03 AM
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by upstate
I thought the person who said the ride was stiff made me think of reviews on other sports cars where they say its to mushy. Mushy is for luxury which I appreciate and want and firm is for sporty which I also want in a sports car.
Agreed, mushy is for luxury cars and your living room.

I feel my XF has plenty of loudness and even better sound quality after doing the pelked1 mod. (see to the Audio ... thread)

Steering ... I feel every bump on the road, and while living in IL every road does indeed have a few HUGE bumps. I love the cornering, reminds me of my MGB days.

Traction ... if the guy gave up at 60 MPH, then he didn't give the wing time to engage. I have noticed at high speeds, even in wet conditions, it tracks it's path very well. A friend of my took it for a ride, and he jumped on it going around a corner, it didn't slide, drift or fishtail ... he asked "This is all wheel drive, right?" No I had to say, it's an awesome car!

I too looked at the Sky and the Solstice before making my XF purchase. They look nice if that's what you want. I DRIVE my cars ... that's what I wanted. As a musician and an avid disc golfer, the Sky and the Solstice, with their backwards opening cargo areas, weren't practical for me. I'd be rubbing out scratches on the rear fenders all the time. And ... when the top's down, the volume decreases considerably.

As to head turning ... I've seen many look at me while I drive, had windows rolled down at stop lights and hear "Nice car!" ... the XF gets your attention.

Lastly ... it's a quality vehicle. So far I've been blessed and haven't seen the problems some have mentioned nor have I had to see my dealer about anything, but I still think it's quality.

That's my 0.02
adoni

Old 06-05-2006, 09:54 AM
Received 73 Likes on 38 Posts

I LOL at stupid haters.

Xfire is the prettiest car to come out of any car company in the last few years.

Xfire feels like it has more power than 215 and is fast enough for what it is. You want more power? Get SRT6 which is still an Xfire.

Fit and finish? Again, LOL my Xfire feels just like my Mercedes E class in fit and finish.

Just remember, people are jealous bungholes. Let them rot in their SUV's and generic cookie cutter cars.

And let the cornball dragstrip 0-60 kiddies talk all they want. They rarely have any class.

*Yeah sue me*

Old 06-05-2006, 08:58 PM
Forum Regular

I originally posted this elsewhere, but I think it's relevant here also.

"Oh, and the Solstice? Nice car, no *****, overpriced and a GM. Enough said. My neighbor just came home with one yesterday. He paid $2,000 OVER sticker for it. So that means he paid around $30,000 for a GM with a four banger Chevette engine in it. Shoot, he could've had a Crossfire roadster for that money. But he didn't know about the Crossfire. Good, keep it that way. You don't deserve to drive a Crossfire. He probably would've gotten a Vette if he had more money, I mean qualified for a bigger loan. Yes, there is a sucker born every minute. 6 months from now his car will be worth $17,000 dollars and McDonalds will be giving them away.

Enjoy your exclusivity gentlemen. We have earned it, and it will pay back dividends later for those of us that are smart enough to realize it."