Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Center Caps for my new wheels

Old 12-08-2006, 03:26 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Center Caps for my new wheels

Originally Posted by ben47
I'm just curious, how many sets have you sold to date?
~ quite a few ... 75 + sets.

Old 12-08-2006, 03:36 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by marauderroy
I think it's kind of funny when people have no idea who built the Crossfire. LOL.
Just my 2 cents.
Unfortunately, that can be said about alot of Chrysler dealers too. They act like they don't have a clue who built it either.

Old 12-08-2006, 03:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by +fireamx
Unfortunately, that can be said about alot of Chrysler dealers too. They act like they don't have a clue who built it either.
Unfortunately, many of them are not acting at all; they really do not know the facts. Do you run your business like that? I didn't think so...

Old 12-08-2006, 03:53 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by maxxm
Unfortunately, many of them are not acting at all; they really do not know the facts. Do you run your business like that? I didn't think so...
You're right about that Maxxm. Actually I posted this before along time ago, but it's worth repeating.
The first time I went to the closest Chrysler dealer near where I live to buy an oil filter, they became very frustrated because they couldn't find it in their computer. Finally the parts Manager turned to me and said, (in a very condescending voice) Well after all, we aren't a "Dodge" dealer.

(Sorry for the post hijack).

Old 12-08-2006, 06:42 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sidez
I don't know, but i honestly believe that this car is more mercedes than it is a Chrysler and making your car look something its not does not really apply here.

I would proudly drive with either logo, but not both. If those rims said chrysler I would drive with em that way, but since i find the chrysler logo not so great looking I sometimes would rather cover it up with an aftermarket decal like I did with andrews decals.

Put it this way... If your father is German and mother is American... (crossfire) i think it is okay to say you are either american or german... because you are not lying... now if you said your French that would be something you are not... similarly to how many 300c owners put the bentley emblems on their cars... now that's a little misleading.

As for your choice on the center caps... I think those Mercedes ones look really nice, but if you do not believe your car is a mercedes you can try messaging cyril baldwin and asking where he got his done ... or purchasing andrew's decals... both are great I think take a look: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=12737
I think those are very nice also.
There is no doubt in my mind that this car is more Benz then Chrysler but thats not why I bought it. I honestly prefer the look of this car over any 320 out there just my two cents. I have been sticking with loving it more as a Chrysler and wanted one ever since they came out with the concept. I'm more proud of that then having a Mercedes Benz with a Chrysler body. Performance wise I am glade we are all Mercedes under neither but to be honest It would not have bothered me one bit if Chrysler put their 3.5L engine in it and everyone called it the next generation prowler. Techs would have no problem working on them and there would be after market parts available most of us wouldn't have the headache. I didn't mean to offend anyone who loves that it as a Mercedes Benz that just wasn't the selling point for me.

Last edited by jonnyangel04; 12-08-2006 at 06:52 PM.