Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Wind Noise Help

Old 12-30-2006, 11:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wind Noise Help

Okay before people start flaming about this topic and to "search", I have.

I have read Cyril's post about 1/2 inch weather stripping at autozone. Well apparently I have the dimmest people on the planet at autozones near me as they cannot just provide me 1/2 inch or 3/4 inch weather stripping. They don't know what the measurements are and insist on a car type to pull up inventory. I've tried different cars and the stuff they have pulled out is larger than 3/4 inch. I have tried the website as well general internet, lots of fun.

I have had my car worked on at the dealership about this problem and it was not fixed. I just want to nip this in the butt as this is the only blemish left...

Any help is appreciated.

Old 12-30-2006, 12:26 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Wind Noise Help

Good luck been enjoying my wind noise for two years now. I am having them attempt to adjust it one more time. Only cause the lower rails that support the windows have come loose and rattle. Which they can now hear. I will let you know how it goes.

Old 12-30-2006, 01:45 PM

There has been a TSB for the wind noise for some time. My dealer replaced a couple of the seals and readjusted it and it made a huge difference.

Old 12-30-2006, 03:32 PM

I know about the tsb. As my post has indicated, I have taken it in for this service.

Irafastar, if they do fix it then can you find out the details of what they did. I would like to share this with my dealership.

Anyone with the weather stripping option, please let me know what you used and from where. The autozone option recommended by Cyril is proving to be a difficult matter (due to employees of autozone).

Old 12-31-2006, 09:08 PM
Forum Regular

Yea they replaced the seal and misaligned the window the first time. The window was so out that it eventually ripped the upper seal and they had to replace that. Then they misaligned the door. you could actually see the misalignment and feel it. I had one service tech tell me that he could not see anything wrong. We walked over to a new crossfire on the lot and I had him look at the fit on that car, they realigned the door but the window still had noise. So one more time.

Last edited by Irafatsar; 12-31-2006 at 09:54 PM.
Old 01-01-2007, 08:36 AM

At two dealers I showed them the car with the window held open at the rear because it ran into the upper seal. This occurred in cold weather. They kept the car in the shop overnight and then did nothing because they couldn't reproduce the problem.

Eventually they performed the TS bulletin work involving a bolt replacement. The upper seal doesn't hold the window open anymore but it still doesn't seal and now rattles in it's tracks and the interior panels on the door have gaps between them. I've made 9 appointments to get this fixed at 4 different dealers. There is still wind noise.

You could jury rig it with weather-stripping but then it would look like the tin cans that thousands of owners riveted over the rust holes above the headlights in their '57 - '59 Plymouths.