Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

ECU group buy

Old 01-19-2007, 03:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ECU group buy

I talk with jose he is interested in helping out with a group buy. The price would be $450 roughly at 25 heads. There are a few kinks in the set up and they are as follows.

1) the ecus would all need to be at his shop at the same time within a three day period. Reason being if there coming in one at a time its going to be taking from his day and he might have pervious appointments.
2) If you miss the deadline its tough luck you would almost have to ship overnight the day before the three days he sets aside to insure your not missing out. The problem being some of you guys may be out of a car for 4 days maybe the price you pay to save $150.
3) this may or may not be separate from the guys meeting in NY it was unclear but either way we need 25. And we will see if advanc can get 25 together if not this may be an only option to ship them too him.
4)This would be a crossfire/srt tune only I assume MBs are included too because its the same tune. It would be to tough for him to be tuning 6 different cars in 3 days.
5) Last but not least his result are proven as read on previous post but if you send him a dyno he can tweak the car even more. Someone who has intakes or an evo pulley may want to take this option for some it might be hard to meet a deadline we need to come up with a date.

Jose is a great guy and was more then happy to ask what I thought about proving to the forum that our business belongs there. Hopefully we can figure everything out we are kinda at a stand still either way I am in if I have to pay $600 or not I want it now. Sorry if this is sloppy I can't sleep and I am posting from my cell phone.

Old 01-19-2007, 08:05 AM
Default Re: ECU group buy

its worth $600 so don't worry about the group buy if you don't get in. people were paying $300 or so for that lame sprint booster, this mod gives you 20 whp, its not a tough decision. it makes dollars and SENSE, get it.

Old 01-19-2007, 09:21 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by x'ed
its worth $600 so don't worry about the group buy if you don't get in. people were paying $300 or so for that lame sprint booster, this mod gives you 20 whp, its not a tough decision. it makes dollars and SENSE, get it.
Hey Hey hey... I sometimes get tired of put downs when it doesn't even apply, the Sprint Booster was NEVER about HP, it was and is to correct THROTTLE LAG and does a great job by the way. I am very interested in ECU mod and think $600.00 isn't bad for 20 HP gain but everyone keep in mind an ECU remap and the Sprint Booster are two completely different things.

Old 01-19-2007, 09:46 AM

I have the sprint booster and knowing its not about hp its way different car and don't regret buying it at all. My car is stored in the garage so I pretty much have all winter to wait for a better deal it would be nice to get some guys together on this before summer.

Old 01-19-2007, 10:15 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay... what did I miss? We are talking about an ECU chip reflash, right? What company... Upsolute,
Power Chip etc etc??? What are the claimed HP gains and what proof (dyno) is there to back up the
numbers?

If I'm reading this thread right, this has been talked about and heavily debated many
times before within this forum. While I have the upsolute chip reflash, I have no proof
of HP gain, only a slight seat-of-your pants feeling.

Some web sites such as Upsolute, look impressing, but the tuners for the most part work out
of their garage. My advice... buyer beware, because you really don't know what your getting.
I had a few extra $$$ in my pocket, the tuner lived not far from me so I tried it. Would I do it
again? I don't think so. And not even a chance I'd mail my ECU to someone...

Old 01-19-2007, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by ben47
Okay... what did I miss? We are talking about an ECU chip reflash, right? What company... Upsolute,
Power Chip etc etc??? What are the claimed HP gains and what proof (dyno) is there to back up the
numbers?
The whole thread is here with dyno pictures and a member response of his experience.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=13786

Old 01-19-2007, 11:46 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by GatorLCA
The whole thread is here with dyno pictures and a member response of his experience.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=13786
Read it... thanks.

Old 01-19-2007, 12:51 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I will have to sit out this group buy. But I'm in Northern California, so maybe this spring I can get down there and have him do the first SRT6 on the dyno (Bone stock as to engine mods).

Great write up x'ed... I enjoyed the read and I am very happy you got the proof in the pudding!

Old 01-19-2007, 04:55 PM

i honeslty can't tell you how nice it is to see the crossfire rev to 6,000k rpm on the dyno instead of sputtering out at 5k or spinning the tire like an idiot.

Old 01-19-2007, 07:39 PM

bump??? is no one interested in a group buy? it couldn't have been all that hype for nothing.

Old 01-19-2007, 08:16 PM

I will further discuss this with jose.

Anyone if east coast. Should be by east coast group buy.