Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Quick question

Old 03-22-2007, 05:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick question

Does anyone think this car is going to increase in value since it is being discontinued? Reason, I am asking is that I am thinking of buying this car but I would like to get some opinions on future resale values. I know there is obviously a limited amount of these vehicles, but is the demand high enough for them. Thanks for your help.

Old 03-22-2007, 05:43 PM
Default Re: Quick question

I'm expecting to take delivery of mine in a few weeks. My opinion is that they've depreciated a lot in the last few years, to the point where they are now an incredible value. Solid, fast, great looking and Mercedes under the skin, so I feel confident I'll be able to get parts and maintenance for a long time. I doubt it will go up in value and become some sort of prized collectible, but look at other cars in the current price range - compared to say, a new Dodge Neon, I feel like I'm stealing it if I can get one for the low $20s.

Old 03-22-2007, 05:50 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: Quick question

Originally Posted by SpeedingWolf
Does anyone think this car is going to increase in value since it is being discontinued? Reason, I am asking is that I am thinking of buying this car but I would like to get some opinions on future resale values. I know there is obviously a limited amount of these vehicles, but is the demand high enough for them. Thanks for your help.
At this point in my opinion the Base and Limited models will not become collectible cars but more like cult cars. The Crossfires have greatly depreciated in price/resale value since there inception. The SRT6 on the other hand will more than likely become a collectible because of their limited production numbers, especially the Roadsters.

Old 03-22-2007, 06:00 PM

I'd recommend buying a Crossfire because you love it, not for an investment-NOT that they will not become valuable; but it will be years (probably 10) before they become desirable and rare enough to become valuable, and actually gain in worth beyond what most paid for them. Now on the topic of 'value', they are a great value, especially the SRT-6 if you want the performance (and the added rarity). Buy it to enjoy, not to hide away waiting for that day when you can pull it out of storage with 500 miles on it and take it to auction dreaming of big $$$.

Old 03-25-2007, 01:33 PM

It's basically impossible to buy a new car at market price and make money on it EVER. It's a one in a million proposition with a payoff of maybe thirty to fifty years. The game is rigged.
Settle for getting a good deal and not losing your ***.

Old 03-25-2007, 08:19 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I think it will be like a fiero or mr2, ect. cool but not worth a ton of money.
But you never know. I plan to keep mine till it is old, junky and owes me nothing.
At that point "10 more years or so" I will stuff whatever current high hp v-8 that is available in it and enjoy it with my son.
If things continue at the current rate I should be able to get a very lite v-8 with all stand alone electronics for a reasonable price. We are almost there now.
Of course legally... It will need to be an off road or special interest auto.

Old 03-25-2007, 08:59 PM
Forum Regular

they definitely won't be going up in value. for an example a dodge viper, one of the first 5 made fully documented sold for like $65,000 at the barrett-jackson auctions. still right around what it was selling for then. just enjoy your xf, because your getting a great deal, buying now, on a great and unique car.