Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Buyer Beware: Aiden Designs

Old 03-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Buyer Beware: Aiden Designs

I always thought that these guys talked to highly of what they are going to accomplish in the future for the crossfire, but never though they were scammers...especially due to the fact that CTD-Germany was the company that introduced them to us and are the source of their supplies... so I decided to purchase the clear front side marker lights and bulbs for a total of $120 + shipping costs... this was over about 16-20 days ago...

I sent them the money via their preferred method of payment...(paypal)... and they promised to send me a confirmation of my purchase within 24 hours of my payment, this was never done by them... but at the time I though whatever they will probably send the item eventually, but now i am beginning to think otherwise... their site claims that the delivery of the merchandise will take no longer than 14 days to deliver anywhere in the United States...

I have written 3 emails to them and 2 private messages through their site during the time period requesting them to tell me about the whereabouts of my products... NONE of them were ever responded to... so a few days ago I filled to paypal's resolution center and STILL no reply from Aiden Designs...

I know $120 is not a big deal, but a big warning to all those that are thinking of purchasing a product go with the tried and true sellers that we know well here in the crossfire forums... like SI, Renntech, AutoXclusive, and CTD-Germany, because it almost feels like as if I did not buy a product from them, but just donated money to them...

I will let you know the resolution that paypal comes up with whenever they let me know, but they don't rush so it will be awhile...

Old 03-26-2007, 08:10 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Buyer Beware: Aiden Designs

It seems that with new conveniences like email and paypal, buying would get easier, but customer service has become worse...sorry to hear about your bad experience, and thanks for making us all aware...

Old 03-27-2007, 10:09 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs down Re: Buyer Beware: Aiden Designs

I sent them two emails and no response. If they are "open for business" then shame on them and I will not bother them with my money again. They could at least tell me to *#@& off so I am telling them to.

Old 03-27-2007, 10:37 AM

After viewing a particular crossfire video on youtube and posting a comment, I was sent a reply message by the director of the video. This person just happens to be the friend of the owner of Aiden Designs and the person responsible for the video found on their home page. He and I have been in correspondence about a number of things related to the car. I'll send him a message and see if he knows anything about this.

Old 03-27-2007, 10:50 AM

Here's what I sent to him, now lets wait to hear what they have to say:

Styleprojekt,
As I stated before I'm a member of "crossfireforum.org," and it seems that a number of its members are starting to believe that Aiden Designs is little more than a scam. One member in particular sent, via paypal, his order amount and now 20 days later has yet to receive a confirmation notice he was told he would get within 24 hours! Also, after sending several e-mails to Aiden he has not received any reply. If your friend really is attempting to build a business this is not the appropriate manner to win over customers. I would suggest you bring this to his attention and hope that he can remedy the situation. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated, both by myself and the members of the forum community.

Old 03-27-2007, 11:59 AM
Forum Regular

I posted on the forum a few weeks ago warning you about this lot.
I asked them for some pics of there floormats.
I contacted them through the website, and the guy that posts here.
Nada, nothing, zilch, FA etc. etc.

$120 is a lot of cash - how many other people's $120 do they have???

Old 03-27-2007, 12:38 PM

Yeah those guys where always big talkers, I remember them saying something about how they have a huge several thousand square foot warehouse with 10-20 employees, some BS crap to a comment I made about their Twin Turbo kit and working out of their garages part time on the project. When I heard that line I knew they where full of it, specially if you look at their cheap website.

Old 03-27-2007, 12:51 PM
Forum Regular

hey! if you paid via paypal, you should file a non received item claim, paypal will refund your money, you have to file within 30 days. good luck.

Old 03-27-2007, 01:34 PM
Forum Regular

I lucked out. I actually hit the paypal button to order something, but it didn't work right, so I e-mailed them to tell them and never heard from them... good thing!

Old 03-27-2007, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by nascarhq
hey! if you paid via paypal, you should file a non received item claim, paypal will refund your money, you have to file within 30 days. good luck.
yes this is what I am attempting to do right now.

Old 03-27-2007, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by CrossfireKid
Here's what I sent to him, now lets wait to hear what they have to say:

Styleprojekt,
As I stated before I'm a member of "crossfireforum.org," and it seems that a number of its members are starting to believe that Aiden Designs is little more than a scam. One member in particular sent, via paypal, his order amount and now 20 days later has yet to receive a confirmation notice he was told he would get within 24 hours! Also, after sending several e-mails to Aiden he has not received any reply. If your friend really is attempting to build a business this is not the appropriate manner to win over customers. I would suggest you bring this to his attention and hope that he can remedy the situation. Any feed back would be greatly appreciated, both by myself and the members of the forum community.
thank you crossfire kid for your concerns about my problem. people like you and posts like this are the reasons why I love this forum so much, he probably won't reply tho...meh...

Old 03-30-2007, 04:55 PM
Banned

CrossfireForum.org,

Appropriate emails have been sent to all persons involved in this incident. We have experienced a great deal of difficulty within the last month regarding our web and email hosting service, through which we receive notification of orders, purchases etc. We have been unable to access this system for sometime, and it has been out of our control. We would like the issue the greatest apology possible.

All items ordered are being shipped immediately. To the individual whom has ordered the clear side markers and bulbs, I have emailed you twice as of right now without response requesting a phone call or at least an email. Please contact me (Joshua) via the telephone number on our website.

I am greatly saddened by the personal remarks make in regard to our warehouse, employees and "cheap" website. I apologize you feel this way about a company trying to serve the Crossfire owners community. We are doing our best to improve all of these items for your benefit.

We at Aiden Designs care a great deal about our reputation, and that of CTD-Germany and apologize for these problems. Please do not hesitate to contact with any further questions.

Old 03-30-2007, 05:06 PM

So what's the deal with your twin turbo kit, has Aiden Designs even started building it or are you guys just Vaporware? Post some pictures. I just feel Aiden Designs is a bit wishy-washy, and not a rock solid company, please prove me wrong.

Old 03-30-2007, 05:28 PM
Forum Regular

You'll have to forgive folks, if they got a little concerned. The Internet is full of scammers and you have to admit it sure looked suspicious. I'm glad it does not appear to be the case this time, but you know...

Old 03-30-2007, 06:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ok i'll be the first to call b.s. you could have easily come on the site to tell Sidez what the situation was, i have seen you logged on the site in the past few weeks. its pretty convenient to see you pop back up the EXACT day when the ctd lower grills are ready to be sold. BUYER BEWARE!! its been over a month since you promised ANYTHING on the twin turbo kit, where is it? and i know that it was you posting all the same stuff on the other forums because it was the exact same message. browsing around i saw that you hadn't really provided anything to anyone else either. i would still be very cautious to purchase from this company, the person who referred them to us promised us a turbo kit a year ago and never came through, then popped back in when ctd made an agreement with ctd to provide the grills. there has been ONE person who tried to buy a product from this company and they were not giving confirmation or the product. if they can't operate email i would be very concerned to purchase from them. but you guys can do what you want, i'm just glad i never ordered the overpriced springs (which is what i referred to as being overpriced and have nothing to do with CTD) from them. i'm just lookin out for you brothas!

Old 03-30-2007, 11:57 PM

I'm sorry AidenDesigns, but I'm not gonna believe a word you guys say until you post a fully working TT kit, with pictures and Dyno graph, put your money where your mouth is and show your reliable.

Old 03-31-2007, 12:29 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hehehe just like when SI came on these forums they had to prove themselves in the face of this kind of bashing; you guys are going to have to prove yourselves ... the payback in the end seems worth it i would think with as many people as we have had report back after purchase of SI's ECU upgrade...

Old 03-31-2007, 07:22 AM

They written an email to me this wednesday about them having troubles with the their site and loss of information, and yes it is true I have done little to contact them as I have been extremely busy... yet I attempted to call the provided number at three different times on thursday yet it was busy all of the times I will do my best to attempt again today... As I said I will let you all know how this thing ends up.

Old 03-31-2007, 04:42 PM
Banned

CrossfireForum.org,

Again, we do apologize for the confusion and yes the internet is full of scammers and such. This makes it very difficult for new companies trying to make their way and provide excellent service.

X'ed, please direct any further questions to us directly. I'm not sure what to make of your post, as many of your points are not clear. I'm not sure what times you're referring to us having logged in. We were not aware of any problems within CrossfireForum.org until "CrossfireKid" contacted us and we logged in. We did not intentionally wait to login until the grille became available - I apologize you view things this way, but we assure you there are no conspiracies or attempts to mislead anyone here. I do not wish to involve my company in an online argument or in any personal attacks and will not further discuss this with you. I am more than happy to address legitimate concerns and issues and solve them immediately. Our reputation is of the utmost importance, so I will answer any questions you have until you are satisfied. But we cannot enter into an argument with unrelated questions and criticisms. I hope to answer your questions however to your satisfaction and hopefully one day establish a positive relationship with you as a customer.

As for the email and web server difficulties, those lied within the company that handles our web and email hosting, not ourselves. We have since switched hosting services to ensure this problem will not occur again so that we can better serve you.

As for the forced induction kit as promised, there are unfortunately many setbacks we have had to face with this. Just as CTD-Germany would like to provide a quality piece of work that you will all agree on and be pleased with (not rushing one into production that isn't EXACTLY as you would like it and therefore wasting everyone's time) so we are doing. A forced induction kit is not as simple as a custom front grille, but we are pushing the time tables as far as they will bend. We are not working with a low end, common car here. We are dealing with a beautiful, classic and high end piece of art. And with that attitude of utmost respect for your auto and for the Mercedes-Benz technology behind it - along with our reputation at stake as well, we will not, regardless of demand, rush an inferior product that could potentially damage your auto into production. These things take time, and do not always play out according to plan there is not a single other company in the United States that has been able to successfully accomplish this task on a large scale for this engine.

We are meeting this coming Friday to discuss a time table to final completion and decide upon releasing specs and photos, I hope that this will be the day we will be able to finally give you something to see. Please be patient with us and grant us your understanding that this is not a simple task. We have successfully installed it in one Crossfire but the tuning is not complete and there have been many problems we have wanted to address completely so that you will not have to. It is simply not wise of us to warranty and distribute a faulty kit. And as stated before I wish to maintain the best possible relations with the members of this community.

I am just as impatient as you are to see your beautiful cars on the roads with this kit successfully installed and operating, and to establish those interested as pleased customers. Thank you for your time and patience. We again apologize for the seemingly distorted and shaky image we have established with this community and hope to change that immediately.

The member "Sidez" has been contacted, and has replied to our emails stating he has attempted to call us back. The phone number provided to him is a cellular company phone that is constantly with me and on, therefore never busy. I have not shown any missed calls or voicemails from him as of yet but have requested that if he does call and is unable to get through for any reason that he leave a voicemail this time so that we can return his phone call as he has not provided a telephone number for himself yet. I bring this up as this has become a public matter and I wish to hold myself and my company accountable to the members of CrossfireForum for the sake of our reputation. I hope to speak with him today and properly handle this and correct the situation and compensate him for his well valued time and money.

Thank you all again for your time, consideration and support.

Old 03-31-2007, 04:44 PM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Are you still carrying the Rotex Gold Brake Pads?

Quick Reply: Buyer Beware: Aiden Designs