Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

My new '06 Limited

Old 04-15-2007, 01:55 AM
<--- Huge Horsepower
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new '06 Limited

I just took delivery of my new '06 Crossfire Limited – auto-shift, leather, sound, etc… only eight miles – no dealer usage.

What a dream car. I have only owned 4X4 trucks so I am taking my time with my new ride and not getting to crazy.
[FONT=Arial][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=4]I think I got a good deal,
As for the car, the only thing I don’t like is the cheesy cup holder, the side view mirror adjust **** location and the detail under the retractable tail.

If I get the paint I will touch-up the tail underside.

Has anyone attempted to relocate the mirror adjust switch? I plan on relocating it to above the driver side vent, then remove the cup holder and fill the holes, sand smooth and paint the console piece and reinstall.

Also, as anyone re-powder coated their rims with chrome powder coat?

I have powder coated all my bike frames but not sure how the chrome powder coat would hold up (appearance wise) on rims.

http://www.thepowdercoater.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=3&pos=9

I thought about chrome exchange rims – but got burned on Harley parts with cheap low grade chrome.

I plan on chrome powder coating all the external silver plastic parts and fabricate a new grill the matches the lower bumper grill out of aluminum or some cool prefab material.

I will post pictures when I do.

Last edited by BrianBrave; 05-30-2007 at 04:46 PM.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:30 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: My new '06 Limited

I purchased after market chrome rims and they still look like the day I installed them. They came with a 4 year warranty. I recently had my roll bars chromed by this company and he was explaining to me a lot of company's skip the copper process in chroming to reduce cost and the chrome will not last. I suggest you go to the chromed roll bar thread it has Kevin's number listed and you can give him a call about your concerns.

Old 04-15-2007, 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by BrianBrave
Has anyone attempted to relocate the mirror adjust switch? I plan on relocating it to above the driver side vent, then remove the cup holder and fill the holes, sand smooth and paint the console piece and reinstall.
Are you serious? How often would you adjust the mirrors to justify moving the ****? And fill in the cup holder hole? That could be a pretty big hole. Plus how are you going to get matching paint? The touch up paint bottle won't do the trick for that large of an area.

Old 04-15-2007, 10:54 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

If he has the know how to fill the hole matching the color is not that hard. Just color map it and tint it to your liking.
I have thought about moving the **** and installing the storage bin but, I made an armrest pad for the center console and covered it with leather.
Now I don't bump the holder or **** anymore as my elbow sits 1 1/2 inch higher.
I personally have not had great luck with the chrome powder on wheels or mirror black for that matter. They scratch to easy for my liking.

Old 04-15-2007, 10:55 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Oh, and enjoy the project. It is easy to get carried away with this car.

Old 04-15-2007, 11:44 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Arcrist
Are you serious? How often would you adjust the mirrors to justify moving the ****? And fill in the cup holder hole? That could be a pretty big hole. Plus how are you going to get matching paint? The touch up paint bottle won't do the trick for that large of an area.
Initially I thought the placement was goofy, but considering how often I adjust the mirrors (every time I parallel park - don't like curb rash on the rims - or back up into a parking space) I really like the location of the **** - falls readily to hand.