Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

I raced a Lamborghini yesterday!

Old 11-12-2007, 08:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile I raced a Lamborghini yesterday!

So I'm stopped at a light on an empty 2 lane road in the Atlanta suburbs and a black Lamborghini (I think it was a Gillardo) stops right beside me on my driver's side. The passanger was a white male, maybe 20 years old. The driver looked about the same. My first thougth is that it might be one of the new rookies for the Atlanta Thrashers, but who knows. I play ice hockey myself, and these boys looked to me like hockey players.

So I'm naturally checking out the car, and the passanger is eyeing my fender strakes or maybe my front rims. When the light turns green I accelerate much more rapidly than usual, because, hey, I gotta hold my own here. The Lambo keeps pace with me until we hit 60mph (speed limit 45) and I don't want to go any faster than that on the empty somewhat-residential road. After a few moments, I decide I should "wing" him, so I pull up ahead a few feet so he'll get a nice view of my rear and I press the spoiler button. As soon as I do, the Lambo roars like a jet engine and he pulls ahead as if he's accelerating from a dead stop. By the time the spoiler activated, he was WELL ahead of me... it was an incredible display of power.

He let me catch up to him, and then he did the same thing!

Okay, so maybe it wasn't a "race", maybe I was being toyed with... but it was definitely a fun experience!

Old 11-12-2007, 08:53 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: I raced a Lamborghini yesterday!

I had a sleeper, 2001 Corvette Conv. woth a Lingerfelter Package, it was a 750 HP TT under that baby... me being a older woman, no one had a clue, Living in lauderdale fl, all the mustangs alway played with me (plate said FORD NOT). LOL anyways, I always had fun and never lost Next going to Japan to race again, like when i was a kid...LOL.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:10 AM
Received 73 Likes on 38 Posts

You should have had the Startech 6.1 litre option.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:59 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Re: I raced a Lamborghini yesterday!

Enjoyed that Story very much, Thank you!

"We" (4 SRT6s in a row, followed by 12-14 other XFs) had a Black Porsche pull over for us on the Dragon Saturday when we came Roaring up behind him on some of the Dragon's Hairpin turns. Maybe he had a Problem with his Porsche` or maybe he was just scared!

SilverFox

Old 11-12-2007, 04:54 PM

A fellow Crossfire owner here in Korea happens to also own a lime green Lambo Gallardo, so I get to test my machine against his on a regular basis.

All I can say is that the Gallardo is a beast... Once the thing takes off, you can pretty much say goodbye... his car is the only car I experienced that actually "WAITED" for me at 250km/h, just to take off on me again... haha ~ now that was quite humiliating...

And for those who are wondering how my car can go up to 250, the fastest I ever ran my car was 255km/h (that's 159 mph) on GPS... that is with the SI ECU tune, cats gutted, SLK32AMG intake set-up, borla cat-back, Evosport UD pulley, magnecor wires, Denso iridium plugs, AND LOTS AND LOTS OF TIME AND ASPHALT.^^

So although our crosseys aren't exactly acceleration monsters, it does feel good to know that my car can at least exceed the interstate speed limit 2.5 times over! ^^

Old 11-12-2007, 06:50 PM
Life is random...so am I.

I've hit 163 MPH with a lot less work than that!

Old 11-12-2007, 06:54 PM

From what I've seen of the Gallardos, I honestly believe a modded (NeedsWings Intake, ASP Pulley, ECU Tune) might hange with it pretty well. There are a couple Lambos and Ferraris in my area. I may have to pick a fight...

Old 11-13-2007, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by apkano
I've hit 163 MPH with a lot less work than that!
Are you being serious? With a non-supercharged Crossey Limited? Wow Apkano... I would love to know the particular mods you have done to your car!

Old 11-13-2007, 05:26 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I had a lambo for breakfast the other day...and then a C5 Z06 for lunch...

Old 11-13-2007, 05:28 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SilverFox
Enjoyed that Story very much, Thank you!

"We" (4 SRT6s in a row, followed by 12-14 other XFs) had a Black Porsche pull over for us on the Dragon Saturday when we came Roaring up behind him on some of the Dragon's Hairpin turns. Maybe he had a Problem with his Porsche` or maybe he was just scared!

SilverFox
He must have known that Marines lead from the front! Hoorah!

Old 11-13-2007, 06:35 PM
Life is random...so am I.

Originally Posted by xfirecorea
Are you being serious? With a non-supercharged Crossey Limited? Wow Apkano... I would love to know the particular mods you have done to your car!
One word...Hennessey!

Home of the fastest street cars on the planet!

http://www.hennesseyperformance.com/...ance/index.php

I have a high school buddy that works there...he pulled some favors for me!

You claim 159 on GPS...I wouldn't be surprised if you were going faster than that...typically GPS has a delay time to it (lag). It's also relevant as to whether you had good reception with 3 or more satellites, or if it was in "dead-reckoning" mode. Recently here in Detroit, someone tried to escape a speeding ticket by showing GPS data from a top of the line Garmin GPS... They lost because the prosecutor had a line of "experts" disproving the validity of GPS speed estimates.

Last edited by apkano; 11-13-2007 at 06:45 PM.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:47 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

One word...Hennessey!

Not fair I won't be able to keep up, You gonna have to hook me up.

Last edited by MI1XFIRE; 11-14-2007 at 06:58 AM.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:45 PM

One word...Hennessey!

You claim 159 on GPS...I wouldn't be surprised if you were going faster than that...typically GPS has a delay time to it (lag). It's also relevant as to whether you had good reception with 3 or more satellites, or if it was in "dead-reckoning" mode. Recently here in Detroit, someone tried to escape a speeding ticket by showing GPS data from a top of the line Garmin GPS... They lost because the prosecutor had a line of "experts" disproving the validity of GPS speed estimates.
Niiice... Truly nice! Must say, it's always good to have connections in the right places!

Old 11-14-2007, 06:00 PM
Forum Regular

At high speeds, power to weight, and aerodymics really start counting.... Lambos' gotcha on all fronts there. But, at least you don't have the 2nd mortgage on your house like the Lambo guy.

Old 11-14-2007, 06:12 PM
Forum Regular

I was following a Bentley Continental on freeway today, I notice the bentley's spoiler actually pops up at 80mph. We were traveling together around 90 for about good 15 minutes. We just drive fast, but we are NOT racing. It was an enjoyable driving.

At one point during this little enjoyable moment, the bentley speeded up for a little while, I tried to catch up, but no way I could keep up the speed with. I was traveling around 120 already when I figure out my crossfire got a lot less power than the bentley.

Went home and check online, the Bentley Continental actually has over 550Hp. taht's why.