Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Someone close to Royal Oak, MI help me for 5 min to align headlights?? PLEASE!?

Old 02-26-2008, 05:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone close to Royal Oak, MI help me for 5 min to align headlights?? PLEASE!?

I installed new bulbs in my xfire, but now the beams aren't straight. I think I have them at the right height... but they're both pointing to the right a bit now. Is there anybody close to me that can give me a quick hand? The up/down adjustments are easy... it's the left right that I can't figure out AT ALL.

Thanks!

Old 02-26-2008, 06:05 PM
Life is random...so am I.
Default Re: Someone close to Royal Oak, MI help me for 5 min to align headlights?? PLEASE!?

Send me a PM with a way to contact you...I work in Madison Heights. I'd be happy to stop by and lend a hand!

Old 02-26-2008, 06:06 PM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Someone close to Royal Oak, MI help me for 5 min to align headlights?? PLEASE!?

hey whats the easiest way to install different bulbs, anyone know?, also what bulbs should i go with if i want the blue tint.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:05 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
hey whats the easiest way to install different bulbs, anyone know?, also what bulbs should i go with if i want the blue tint.
There is no easy way to install bulbs. lol.

The blue tint you're referring to are HID lights. (High Intensity Discharge). Only H7 bulbs will fit our enclosures. Do a search for HID and you will find a LOT of information.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by apkano
Send me a PM with a way to contact you...I work in Madison Heights. I'd be happy to stop by and lend a hand!
P.S. STEVE DON'T DO IT! HE WILL STEAL YOUR XFIRE!!

haha j/k!

but you really should align mine first.

Old 02-26-2008, 07:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Were in HW if Steve can't make it. Let us know via PM.

Old 02-27-2008, 03:40 AM

LMFAO...I had no idea there were so many Crossfires with mis-aligned headlights!

To put it into it's simplest terms...the easiest way to do it is by finding something to show where the lights are aiming, (a wall, garage door, etc.) then mark the spot with a little tape, and adjust the lights accordingly. The tape just shows if you're making progress or going the wrong way.

There's 3 adjusters on the back of the headlight assembly...one on the left side, one on the right side, and one in the center about a couple of inches higher than the other two. Also a little WD-40 or similar lube is a good idea as these adjusters like to tighten up over time.

Also keep in mind...in Michigan, and I think everywhere else as mandated by NHTSA, the rule is R2D2...not the robot, Right 2 degrees and Down 2 degrees. This keeps you from blinding the guy in front of you or oncoming traffic!

Old 02-27-2008, 06:10 AM

Maybe this is a dumb question but is it possible lower the high beams to the point where it is safe to use them all the time? It sure would be nice to have some extra light.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Ryank428
Maybe this is a dumb question but is it possible lower the high beams to the point where it is safe to use them all the time? It sure would be nice to have some extra light.
I don't think there's a way to do that without shimming out the individual lights. The problem there is that the bulbs are so hot that you may run the chance of melting some of the plastic in the headlight assembly. You'd also have to make sure you have a good seal to keep dirt, water, and other bad stuff out of the headlight housing.

The other method is to adjust the whole headlight assembly down, but that would not be good for driving IMO, as it would affect all the lights.