Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Pesky check engine light

Old 02-29-2008, 06:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pesky check engine light

I was wondering if any of you have had a problem with the check engine light specifically the engine is running lean. My light came on and was on for about a week then went off again for a few days then came back on for about 2 weeks. I took it in to get a diagnostic and the code was in the fuel managmant is what I was told more specifically that the motor was running lean and that it had to go to a dealer that had a crossfire tech on staff. I scheduled it at a dealer with a crossfire tech on staff for a week later. The whole time the light was on and the evening before I take it to the dealer the F$&^%G light turns off.

Well the dealer got the same code when they did the diagnostic but since the check engine light was off they couldn't replicate the problem to figure out what was wrong so needless to say it wasn't fixed. The next day the Friging light came back on again!!!!

So before I go through all the BS of going back to the dealership and leaving my car there for the whole day again. Has anyone had this happen and what was the problem? Thanks for your help.

Mike

Old 02-29-2008, 06:31 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool Re: Pesky check engine light

Check your gas cap.

Old 02-29-2008, 06:47 AM
Default Re: Pesky check engine light

Originally Posted by CrossfireLTD
Check your gas cap.
Like I said in the post the problem is with the engine running lean. Of course I checked the gas cap.......

Old 02-29-2008, 11:11 AM
PJA

I had the same problem last year. The dealer read the codes and replaced the Engine Managenent Module.
Pete

Old 02-29-2008, 03:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by majkls xfire
I was wondering if any of you have had a problem with the check engine light specifically the engine is running lean. My light came on and was on for about a week then went off again for a few days then came back on for about 2 weeks. I took it in to get a diagnostic and the code was in the fuel managmant is what I was told more specifically that the motor was running lean and that it had to go to a dealer that had a crossfire tech on staff. I scheduled it at a dealer with a crossfire tech on staff for a week later. The whole time the light was on and the evening before I take it to the dealer the F$&^%G light turns off.

Well the dealer got the same code when they did the diagnostic but since the check engine light was off they couldn't replicate the problem to figure out what was wrong so needless to say it wasn't fixed. The next day the Friging light came back on again!!!!

So before I go through all the BS of going back to the dealership and leaving my car there for the whole day again. Has anyone had this happen and what was the problem? Thanks for your help.

Mike
If the engine seems to run fine even thought it is running lean, it might be an O2 sensor failing.

Then again, I could be wrong!

Old 02-29-2008, 03:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems to me, once an O2 sensor fails and pings a code, it won't go away then come back again

Just my Dos Centavos !