Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

For those of you whose paint is less than perfect...

Old 05-31-2008, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question For those of you whose paint is less than perfect...

Do you ever feel like there's no point in modding your car's exterior because no matter what you do to the car's exterior (besides repaint portions of the car), your paint will still be flawed? Obviously I feel this way, and I think this feeling stems in part from my perfectionism.

Old 05-31-2008, 03:58 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: For those of you whose paint is less than perfect...

Originally Posted by rock
Do you ever feel like there's no point in modding your car's exterior because no matter what you do to the car's exterior (besides repaint portions of the car), your paint will still be flawed? Obviously I feel this way, and I think this feeling stems in part from my perfectionism.
theres no exterior mod i would do to my car except lower it. Theres really nothing ive seen that I like.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:09 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haven't had any problems with my Graphite which just got its 36th coat of Zaino last weekend. As for body mods I like the SRT front end on the LTD, nice looking touch. I am considering doing something with the strakes, remove them and then refinish that area and maybe a set of "Cobra" look side pipes. I love that look on the old Corvettes and Cobras.
Black paint is tough to maintain. I had two black Pt's before my Crossfire and you had to really stay on them. Black is a very unforgiving color.
Pat

Old 05-31-2008, 06:59 PM

the rear diffusers mopar sells for the crossfire looks nice for an exterior look. i bought mine for 180 dollars and it took 5 minutes to install and makes the car look more sporty, i alsopainted my brake callipers red and that cost me 7 dollars and about 2 hours of my time and those two mods improve the exterior lookof my car

Old 06-01-2008, 09:09 AM
TVT_DESIGN

The paint on the base models is horrible and probably some of the worst we've worked with on a Sports car. The paint on the Limited and SRT is actually very nice and has a substantial amount of metal flake to it which gives it a nice deep shine.

If you want to preserve your paint check this out: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=25068

Old 06-01-2008, 09:38 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TVT_DESIGN
The paint on the base models is horrible and probably some of the worst we've worked with on a Sports car. The paint on the Limited and SRT is actually very nice and has a substantial amount of metal flake to it which gives it a nice deep shine.

If you want to preserve your paint check this out: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ad.php?t=25068
how exactly does lamin-x preserve your paint?

Old 06-01-2008, 12:46 PM
TVT_DESIGN

Keeps it from getting chipped and worn away from harsh weather. I'm just quoting Lamin-x.

Old 06-01-2008, 03:36 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The Machine Grey Crystal Pearl with clear coat on my '07 Limited is absolutely stunning!!!!

Old 06-01-2008, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Chris L.
The Machine Grey Crystal Pearl with clear coat on my '07 Limited is absolutely stunning!!!!
You were obviously not the intended audience for this query...

I feel like most of the people that responded to my post didn't understand the question.

Old 06-02-2008, 04:55 AM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rock - what are you asking then? My answer would be no. I looked at several base models when I was shopping for mine and they were black and all had what looked like the same paint my first PT Cruiser had on it. Again the paint on my car is about as perfect as I've ever had.
Pat

Old 06-08-2008, 11:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah, sorry Rock but I thought I understood what you asking too, but now that I am thinking about it, I don't. For a moment I thought you were expressing your frustration with the fact that any exterior modification would involve a repaint of a specific area, and paint is very difficult to match, and I agree, but I don't think that's what you are asking.

On the other hand, if you are asking about how to improve the quality of your paint, please take a look at my "How to detail a Crossfire" thread.