Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Extended Warrenty???

Old 07-14-2008, 01:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Extended Warrenty???

Hi all,

I just bought a 05 Sportster with 17k miles. The car is currently in new condition.

Should I purchase the extended warrenty for about $2300?

My guess is these suckers are really spendy to repair.

Thanks,

-Beep

Old 07-14-2008, 02:31 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Extended Warrenty???

Originally Posted by The Beep
Hi all,

I just bought a 05 Sportster with 17k miles. The car is currently in new condition.

Should I purchase the extended warrenty for about $2300?

My guess is these suckers are really spendy to repair.

Thanks,

-Beep
Congrats on the fine ride and welcome to your support group!

I think its worth it to spend some dough on the extended warranty. I went with a 5 year/62,000 mile warranty for about $1700 or so when I bought mine.

Old 07-14-2008, 02:34 PM
Forum Regular
Thumbs up Re: Extended Warrenty???

Don't pay that much! I am very happy with the Chrysler Maximum Care Warranty that I recently purchased from www.chryslerservicecontracts.com. The cost was many hundreds less than local dealers, and beat anything else that I could find on-line. It's the same Chrysler extended contract. You can get an immediate quote by going to the link. I did the final purchase by phone in just a few minutes. The guy that runs the on-line service for Champion Chrysler Dodge and Jeep (Mr. Case) was very knowledglible and helpful. That is all he does. By the way, the Crossfire is a Specialty Class I vehicle which adds a surcharge to cost.

Old 07-14-2008, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by corfire
Don't pay that much! I am very happy with the Chrysler Maximum Care Warranty that I recently purchased from www.chryslerservicecontracts.com. The cost was many hundreds less than local dealers, and beat anything else that I could find on-line. It's the same Chrysler extended contract. You can get an immediate quote by going to the link. I did the final purchase by phone in just a few minutes. The guy that runs the on-line service for Champion Chrysler Dodge and Jeep (Mr. Case) was very knowledglible and helpful. That is all he does. By the way, the Crossfire is a Specialty Class I vehicle which adds a surcharge to cost.
That's a good price but if the Chrysler company fails, I'm not sure they will honor the contract. This is one of the concerns I have in favor of getting the contract in the first place.

Old 07-14-2008, 05:33 PM

OK, I think this is resolved. I just talked to the finance guy at the dealership and he has an aftermarket 3 year warranty for $1700 (that's $300 off the regular price). He says this one is really goood as it covers items that show wear and not just the broken stuff (like a slow window regulator).

I feel good about this thinking about how many things could go wrong with the convertable top for example.

There's a definite possibility that this will pay for itself.

Or maybe it's like my friend say's "if you buy it, you won't need it but if you don't buy it, you'll need it for sure". That's how you define "fate".

Old 07-14-2008, 06:37 PM
Senior Member/Moderator

When i bought out my lease last week I had them add to the selling price a 6 year 60k bumper to bumper with 100$ deductible. The guy told me I qualified for a New Car Warranty because of the mileage, 8000 miles on an 05. So I have basically a 3 year 52000 mile bumper to bumper warranty. When that expires I will still have a year left on the 7/70 powertrain warranty. The cost was 1300$ and it is a Chrysler extended warranty.
Pat