Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

No way to buy a can

Old 09-03-2008, 03:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool No way to buy a can

So I traded in my blue '04 xfire for a red '08 on the first day of August, only to have the dealer closed down by Chrysler on August 4! Well today is the third of September and Chrysler Credit is just getting around to working out the kinks in the deal. They said I got to much in trade, to big a discount on the new car and was paying to low an interest rate!! Well that's why I did the deal. it was great.

Well after listening to their tails of how much money they were loosing on the deal, I asked them, "just how much do you think you will loose if the have to sell the red '08 xfire as a used car?" And did I mention that the new car now has 4,400 miles on it?

So this morning the Chrysler rep called and said they are mailing out the check for me to take to DMV to cover the sales tax and tags, seems I went to S. Dakota & back in a car that could have been construed as stolen if I was pulled over. And I had the windshield trim painted!!

Wish me luck.

Old 09-03-2008, 04:20 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: No way to buy a can

Great story, give us more details......$ ....trade difference????

Old 09-03-2008, 04:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bugle3
So I traded in my blue '04 xfire for a red '08 on the first day of August, only to have the dealer closed down by Chrysler on August 4! Well today is the third of September and Chrysler Credit is just getting around to working out the kinks in the deal. They said I got to much in trade, to big a discount on the new car and was paying to low an interest rate!! Well that's why I did the deal. it was great.

Well after listening to their tails of how much money they were loosing on the deal, I asked them, "just how much do you think you will loose if the have to sell the red '08 xfire as a used car?" And did I mention that the new car now has 4,400 miles on it?

So this morning the Chrysler rep called and said they are mailing out the check for me to take to DMV to cover the sales tax and tags, seems I went to S. Dakota & back in a car that could have been construed as stolen if I was pulled over. And I had the windshield trim painted!!

Wish me luck.
There is a website where you can actually send dog poo to people, you should look into it.

Old 09-04-2008, 03:46 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

You signed the contract with a legitimate dealer --- done deal. They have to honor it. Tough luck if they're not making their margin.

Enjoy it!

Old 09-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you have a signed agreement they have to honor it. Keep all the paperwork in the car and you should be ok with the police.

Good luck and post a pic of the new ride.