Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Problem after washing...

Old 11-23-2008, 01:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem after washing...

Okay, ive had my crossfire since my birthday october 25th..my dad took it and got it washed before i got off of work first day having it the check engine light came on, car was shaking, and was making a sort of popping noise when it accelerates..problem went away after 2-3 days.

Just got back from the automatic car wash, which i never use, usualy i wash it myself, but today i didnt feel like it..and as i was in the automatic, car started shaking and the check engine light came on, first thing i did was take it home and wen i pulled into the driveway the shaking was more intense..

Just wondering, what could have caused this? water getting somewhere it shouldnt perhaps? damage permanent?

Oh and did anyone notice theirs a convertible xfire in the beginning of the fast and the furious three? its at the bottom of the screen when the guy that raced the viper started flipping and wrecked his car.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:27 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: Problem after washing...

Bad Gas? That happened to many of us a few months back.....BP screwed up around Kansas City area.

Old 11-24-2008, 09:57 AM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get it checked by someone who can read the code. Whether the CE light is on or off the computer should store the code. Why guess? It could be a hundred different things.
If you are game you can buy a code reader and look up the codes here.
Don't guess what is wrong with your car.
Pat

Old 11-24-2008, 10:13 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Zekex
Okay, ive had my crossfire since my birthday october 25th..my dad took it and got it washed before i got off of work first day having it the check engine light came on, car was shaking, and was making a sort of popping noise when it accelerates..problem went away after 2-3 days.

Just got back from the automatic car wash, which i never use, usualy i wash it myself, but today i didnt feel like it..and as i was in the automatic, car started shaking and the check engine light came on, first thing i did was take it home and wen i pulled into the driveway the shaking was more intense..

Just wondering, what could have caused this? water getting somewhere it shouldnt perhaps? damage permanent?

Oh and did anyone notice theirs a convertible xfire in the beginning of the fast and the furious three? its at the bottom of the screen when the guy that raced the viper started flipping and wrecked his car.

By automatic do you mean the kind of car wash that pulls your car through the wash??

If so be careful they could scratch up your rims and mess with your alignment depending on the width of their system.

Old 11-24-2008, 10:53 AM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

If water is getting onto the belt, the belt could be slipping. That could cause problems for a while.

Old 11-24-2008, 11:45 AM
Forum Regular

Sounds more like a water intrusion problem to me. After a couple days what was wet is now dry and the car runs fine. Check the ECU box in the engine compartment. Make sure the locks are really locked.

Old 11-24-2008, 01:18 PM
Forum Regular

yes it sounds like your getting water in some kind of module or wiring harness that controlls the engine, I would check all the areas under your hood any where you think the water could be flowing in to it, it does sound like the water is shorting something out

Old 11-26-2008, 06:11 PM

Okay the problems gone..and before we could even get it in to get the check engine light read the car was doing fine and no more problems..so its must be getting something wet, but i was the car daily just not with the automatic one i hand wash it and its never done it, but its done it both times ive used the automatic one..so i dont know.

Monday im going to take it in and see what a mechanic says, thanks for the advice though everyone.