Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

possible to do a standing burnout?

Old 02-28-2009, 12:11 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default possible to do a standing burnout?

almost time for new tires.... want to make a burnout vid. how would i go about doing this? probably have to turn the traction coNtrol off right? can these cars do a standing burnout?

Old 02-28-2009, 12:50 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: possible to do a standing burnout?

You can easily burn out if you have a standard. I don't drive a Auto so I'm not sure there. But it should be able to.
You know how to burn out in a stick right? Out here they call it Pevving over, pushing your clutch and brake with the same foot as you rev then slide off the clutch while keeping pressure on the brake. You want the clutch to pop up, not ease up. if you ease up then your going to smell burned clutch plate.

Auto is super easy, press the brake and then press the gas. If you just get choked down revving and no tire spin then try letting off your brakes a little then re-apply pressure.

Good luck and post your video. You should throw some drifts and donuts too!

Old 02-28-2009, 06:05 AM
Forum Regular

Rev on the red line...
You're on your own...
Rev on the red line...
Just let it go.....

Rev on the red line...
You're on your own...
Rev on the red line...
Feels like a lifetime...
But soon you'll know...

Rev On Rev On...
Don't think I heard to slow down...
You'll still be here and I'll be gone...
Rev On Rev On...

I have defintely turned into my father....

What you're describing is incredibly hard on the drive train.

Produce 300ft/lbs of torque and then transfer it instantly to the drive train through the clutch? Have you ever heard steel snap?

You may think you're just using up the remaining life in those tires you're about to throw out, but you're stressing the entire drive train.

motor mounts, transmission mount, clutch, transmission, drive shaft support, u-joints, ring and pinion gears, thrust washers, half-shafts, brakes, tires.

All that torque (and the Crossfire makes plenty) is going to put a huge twist on everything. The drive train is not made to contain torque - it's made to put it out the back and down the road as forward motion.

Given that this car is known for failing differentials, check your 7/70 power train warrantee first and make sure the dealer doesn't see your video...

Old 02-28-2009, 06:14 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

watch out when the vtec kicks in!

Old 02-28-2009, 11:02 PM
Forum Regular

I've done a few in my 6-speed before. Just push the clutch put her in first, rev her up, dump the clutch and hurry up and put your foot on the brake medium pressure and hold the gas down.

Old 03-01-2009, 12:32 AM
Life is random...so am I.

Originally Posted by mrphotoman
watch out when the vtec kicks in!

WTF?????

You just can't resist the desire to be a complete tool on the internet?

I honestly wish you'd go away....then I could turn on my messaging again. As it is, I get more messages about what an a$$ you are than I care to read. You do know that people are making jokes about you behind your back? I'm not posting this to start a argument (you'll just go into one of your "fo shizzle my nizzle" rants that make no sense")...just a matter of fact. Will you please grow up and at least show a little decorum and class....before some of us start posting your first posts on this forum.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:10 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

An N/A auto can do these with ease. I do them all the time . Just hold the break enough to keep the car from rollong no more and you will be just fine!! might even want to put it in 1st just to keep it from shifting to second gear if you plan on sitting there for a length of time.

Old 03-01-2009, 07:35 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by apkano
WTF?????

You just can't resist the desire to be a complete tool on the internet?

I honestly wish you'd go away....then I could turn on my messaging again. As it is, I get more messages about what an a$$ you are than I care to read. You do know that people are making jokes about you behind your back? I'm not posting this to start a argument (you'll just go into one of your "fo shizzle my nizzle" rants that make no sense")...just a matter of fact. Will you please grow up and at least show a little decorum and class....before some of us start posting your first posts on this forum.
WTF????

You just can't resist the desire to be a comlete internet goody two shoes!

I honestly wish you would go away and just sit in a room and eat marshmallows and play with your my little pony collection.

LMAO, there is an ignore feature if you would care to use it. If you are so hyper sensitive to what you read on the internet I suggest you stick to disney sites and also that you purchase that children's security software that filters out any content deemed naughty for those 8 years old and younger.

Just curious, why do you insist on always reading my posts if they hurt you so? Or are you one of those whiny little women that are not happy unless they have something to cry, moan and complain about lol?

I find it absolutely hysterical that you found my post which was just a simple joke about vtec so offensive. I think you must be the most sensitive person I have ever witnessed, even worse than the old ladies at the retirement home lmao.

Old 03-01-2009, 10:43 AM
Forum Regular

Old 03-01-2009, 11:32 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

good one PPRO...auto standing burnout class will start in a few minutes....ready....here we go....turn the traction control off, foot on brake, other foot on accellerator, hold brake, start to push on accellerator until you break tires loose, (put water down under rear of car for better results), continue to accellerate, but keep under 30 mph, or traction control will over-ride even while turned off....at this point, all hell is breaking out, and I hope you know how to drive, cause you are going somewhere, hopefully not sideways, good luck....oh, did I mention, keep left foot on brake at all times....

Old 03-01-2009, 11:35 AM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I think Valk has some movie clips of RIOT's recent Chicago GTG burnouts.....if interested

Old 03-01-2009, 12:06 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine will lay a patch going into 2nd better than off the line. It's agravating.

Old 03-01-2009, 01:16 PM
Forum Regular
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My buddy did one in his rear lane last summer, he put liquid bleach down prior to the burn out, is this a normal thing to do to break traction . It was a clean smelling run

Old 03-01-2009, 04:16 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Sandgrounder
My buddy did one in his rear lane last summer, he put liquid bleach down prior to the burn out, is this a normal thing to do to break traction . It was a clean smelling run
Bleach eats the rubber, breaking it down as you burn out. Making for more smoke.

Old 03-05-2009, 05:52 PM
Talking Re: possible to do a standing burnout?

1 .Turn off the traction control
2. Brake it !
3. FLOOR IT !
4. SMOKE'M !
5. HANG ON !!!!!

Old 04-12-2009, 07:19 AM
Forum Regular
Default No that would NEVER happen to me...

Originally Posted by ppro
What you're describing is incredibly hard on the drive train.
Produce 300ft/lbs of torque and then transfer it instantly to the drive train through the clutch? Have you ever heard steel snap?

You may think you're just using up the remaining life in those tires you're about to throw out, but you're stressing the entire drive train.

motor mounts, transmission mount, clutch, transmission, drive shaft support, u-joints, ring and pinion gears, thrust washers, half-shafts, brakes, tires.

All that torque (and the Crossfire makes plenty) is going to put a huge twist on everything. The drive train is not made to contain torque - it's made to put it out the back and down the road as forward motion.

Given that this car is known for failing differentials, check your 7/70 power train warrantee first and make sure the dealer doesn't see your video...
With my regards to Ron for his misfortune, but this advice above...Not for nothing:

Originally Posted by rush549
I took my car to a Mopar meet at the local drag strip. The car did OK till the third run. When I dropped the clutch I heard a loud bang then the car wouldn't move. We pushed it back and jacked it up . The drive shaft is spinning normally but won't move the car. When you let out the clutch you feel the car slightly push forward but won't move. And there is clunking coming from the differential. I see from posts here that the differential isn't difficult to replace. If that's the case I will replace it myself. ...Ron.

Old 04-12-2009, 09:01 AM

Here you go....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsOK-...eature=related

Old 04-12-2009, 09:32 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by onefortypointsix
Was that valve float I heard? Ouch.

What's missing is the part where he starts. Not sure I buy the part about gears 1-5 either. Really happy it's not my car.

Sign me "Old Fart",

Old 04-12-2009, 11:55 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ppro-I'm with you. I'm also happy I don't live next to him.

I DO wish however that I sold tires to him!

Old 04-12-2009, 12:25 PM
Life is random...so am I.

Originally Posted by onefortypointsix

That guy's brake torquing in first gear with an auto trans. There's no way in hell he's shifting through the gears and doing that.

Quick Reply: possible to do a standing burnout?