Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Crossfire Leasing

Old 07-16-2003, 09:37 PM
imported_mightyjlr
Default Crossfire Leasing

I plan on doing a 2 or 3 year lease as soon as my dealer gets my Crossfire. I was wondering if anyone else has leased the Crossfire yet. I know as of a few weeks ago they still hadn't gotten the lease program in for it.

Old 07-16-2003, 10:04 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I still don't think they have a lease program in place. I just came out of 3 yr Lexus lease--never do it again.

With the interest rates as low (I got 3.5% for 60 months) as they are you might want to consider just buying it. Make sure if you do lease ask about the money factor and residual.

Let us know what you decide.

Old 07-16-2003, 10:14 PM
imported_mightyjlr

Well one of the main reasons I want to lease is that I want to get rid of the car in 2 or 3 years, to get the Crossfire Convertible that will hopefully be out. I have enough that I can pay the entire lease up front, and not have to worry about paying anything for 2-3 years, which will be nice. Then I would probably finance the convertible, and keep that for longer. I don't understand why Chrysler still doesn't have the lease program available, over a month after the car was available to buy. I guess it has something to do with not know what the residual will be. It doesn't really matter right now anyway since my dealer still hasn't gotten his FIRST Crossfire in, and I'm second in line...

Old 07-16-2003, 10:33 PM
Forum Regular

I guess I'm not really surprised they have not. Why would they? They are flying off the floor as quick as they come in, therefore no need to get into lease programs on it. I think as long as they are "hot" you will not see a lease. You can go through a 3rd party leasing co, but read the fine print.

Old 07-16-2003, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by texex91
I guess I'm not really surprised they have not. Why would they? They are flying off the floor as quick as they come in, therefore no need to get into lease programs on it. I think as long as they are "hot" you will not see a lease. You can go through a 3rd party leasing co, but read the fine print.
yeah think thats the same reason my dad was the first to lease a s8 at the audi dealer he goes to..

later..

Old 07-17-2003, 08:11 AM

I'm not sure that they are exactly "flying off the floor" as soon as they come in to a dealership. I think it depends on where you are. My 5* still has the red one I test drove, so that is about 2 weeks and over a 100 miles of test drives and it is still there. They were pushing me pretty hard to buy, but I decided to wait and see how the 03 Vettes are at yearend. And, there are about 30 Crossfires listed on eBay, and I have watched the auctions carefully, and like the Vettes, none of them are making the Reserve price. A pity the guys in England can't get one on eBay because there are a lot of them available in the US.

Old 07-17-2003, 08:20 AM
Forum Regular

If they stayed at MSRP, I don't think there would be any at dealers--who knows. I LOVE mine.

You are right that they are not hitting reserves on Ebay, because they are 5K over. People realize that they can buy at MSRP, and that is what they are sticking to.

Old 07-17-2003, 12:22 PM

The leasing thing is not for everyone.....yes, some business applications work very well for the leasing side.

As many have noted, the sales have been somewhat spotty. I've been following E-Bay on a regularly basis....MSRP is the norm(great to see that). My local 5* dealer(Salem OR.)is trying to hold out for $5000.00 over MSRP, as a result, the car has not sold. The car arrived on 7-02-03,is on the showroom floor,as of yesterday noon, has not been test driven.

Some interesting things go on at dealerships. Hopefully, as inventory increases the pricing will stabilize. I hope MSRP rules!!