Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

TPMS Assistance

Old 05-23-2009, 09:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default TPMS Assistance

Please see my post in the regional section. I'm looking for a Alexandria, VA area who won't charge me 107 bucks and keep my car for 24 hours just to calibrate my TPMS sensors. First he said "TPMS what?" Then as soon as he found out I had a XFire, he said, "Oh, we only have one XFire tech and he's working on other things, you'll have to leave it for at least 24 hours..." I mean, C'mon, their TPMS sensors!

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post378742

Old 05-23-2009, 09:35 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: TPMS Assistance

Hey, Coastie!

It may be bad form, but if you have to pay, maybe you have an MB dealer close by that will at least do it quicker, if not cheaper (1 hour charge) too?

Just a thought...

Old 05-23-2009, 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by maxcichon
Hey, Coastie!

It may be bad form, but if you have to pay, maybe you have an MB dealer close by that will at least do it quicker, if not cheaper (1 hour charge) too?

Just a thought...
We're called "Guardians" now. heh heh

I was thinking the same thing about just going to a MB dealership, but I figured I would check with the forum.

Old 05-23-2009, 09:53 AM

CG,

I am at a loss as to why the dealer is playing it like this. I personally watched the dealer reset my TPMS and it was the oil change kid that did it not their Crossfire certified mechanic.

The procedure is simple, they hook up to the ODBII port pull up the menu and go to each wheel and set that wheel position in the ECU with a magnet. Have you tried another dealer?

I think over a hundred bucks or charging an hour for this is a rip off. This literally took the kid less than five minutes to do. Absolutely amazing how incompetent some dealers are.

The other suggestion I have is to check with some local shops and ask if they can reset the TPMS. I think the procedure is in the service manual? I know that I saw the procedure documented in a recent thread here on the forum.

Anyway good luck, thank you for your service and happy Memorial Day...

Stay safe...

Respectfully,

Paul (MisterTaz)

Old 05-23-2009, 10:35 AM
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by cgocifer
Please see my post in the regional section. I'm looking for a Alexandria, VA area who won't charge me 107 bucks and keep my car for 24 hours just to calibrate my TPMS sensors. First he said "TPMS what?" Then as soon as he found out I had a XFire, he said, "Oh, we only have one XFire tech and he's working on other things, you'll have to leave it for at least 24 hours..." I mean, C'mon, their TPMS sensors!

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post378742
Tire shops can do this no problem, lets face it they can't put a set of new tires on a car and have the customer complain the TPMS light is on because their new sensors are not set up correctly.

Old 05-23-2009, 10:40 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I need to do this done as well and just called the NTB (National tire and Battery) The guy said he could do it no problem. I asked what it would cost and his reply was "I will do it for free bud". Sounds good to me!!! I am leaving the house now!