Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Final detail? anyone heard of it?

Old 06-15-2009, 05:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Final detail? anyone heard of it?

A couple of people swear by a product called final detail and says its a great spray wax? anyone ever heard of this or use it? the Az heat has made my 05 crossfire baby look a little rough and want to bring it back to its original glory?

Old 06-15-2009, 06:33 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts
Default Re: Final detail? anyone heard of it?

Linky -> Final Detail Made by Car Buffs for Car Buffs

Mike-in-Orange. Your comments?

Last edited by tighed1; 06-15-2009 at 06:43 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 06:46 PM
Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

I use Turtle Wax Express Shine after every wash, and IMO, the paint still looks brand new. Use what you like.

If your paint needs some extra TLC, try some Mothers Clay Bar. Some work involved, but does a great job. You have to get the paint looking good before you can depend on detail sprays. Detail sprays will help maintain, but not bring back.

To answer your question, I have not heard of it or used it.

James

Last edited by James1549; 06-15-2009 at 06:50 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:43 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tighed1
Linky -> Final Detail Made by Car Buffs for Car Buffs

Mike-in-Orange. Your comments?
First I've heard of them, to be honest. There are a lot of regional car care products companies out there, some only cater to body shops, dealerships, etc. Others only sell to facilities that do high volume reconditioning, like the Manheim Auctions. Most will mention somewhere along the line that they are the "choice of professionals". Uh-huh.

Bottom line though, if you have a neglected finish you are NOT going to bring it back with a simple spray wax. These are almost always just a booster product and should be used on a well prepared, well waxed surface. You just are not going to remove bonded contaminants, stains, embedded dirt, swirls, etchings, etc with a pull of the trigger and a wipe of a towel. Life just isn't that easy.

By the same token, people's standards and knowlege vary quite a bit. I've been to plenty of shows with cars worth hundreds of thousands of dollars, if not a couple million bucks or more, and the way people treat them and what they consider to be "great shape" is all over the map. Hell, I've had people tell me their car is totally swirl free only to walk over to it later in the day and find the paint to be a total mess. Can't fault them, though - as with anything else, people need to be educated about things.

As for this Final Detail spray product, I'm sure it's a perfectly fine product, but I highly doubt it's going to restore a neglected finish nor will it likely be a huge leap beyond the several other quality spray products on the market today. And don't forget, there is a definite difference between a quick detailer and a quick (or spray) wax. They are NOT the same thing.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:46 AM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That looks like the stuff they sell on Home Shopping Network. They wheel a car in with an already perfect finish, shoot some of the spray wax on it and buff it then the guy puts a coin on the hood and it slides off. I remember the purple bottles.

Old 06-18-2009, 03:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xxfirerican
A couple of people swear by a product called final detail and says its a great spray wax? anyone ever heard of this or use it? the Az heat has made my 05 crossfire baby look a little rough and want to bring it back to its original glory?
I have a freind , a mortician, he use's this product to bring a living glow to the face of the the "CORPSE" he's working on! When thing's are slow he waxes the "HEARSE"with "FINAL DETAIL" Strange but true!

Old 06-18-2009, 03:38 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DOGBOY
I have a freind , a mortician, he use's this product to bring a living glow to the face of the the "CORPSE" he's working on!
I guess that explains where the name came from....ROFL!!