Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

What differs

Old 06-19-2009, 11:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What differs

I might be a little dim but what is the difference between a Crossfire and a SRT-6. apart from the price?

Thanks.

Old 06-19-2009, 11:53 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: What differs

*facepalm*

I'm always in favor of helping new people with information but this is pushing it. The audacity of someone to ask a question of such simplicity that can be researched within less effort than posting a new question is astonishing.

None the less, view this link to see a side-by-side of specs and info: Chrysler Crossfire Compare - Summary - MSN Autos

If that is too difficult for you to do also, and you've been able to read to this point the main difference is the engine (while the engine keeps the same basic structure some of the internals are different and the compression is different due to forced induction). The SRT-6 engine is supercharged and is a performance version of the Base/Limited Coupe/Roadster. If your talking about cosmetics and things its got different wheels, and a spoiler, front lip, etc. Take a look at it and tell me you don't see the differences. Not hard to spot even to a non-enthusiast. The SRT also comes with only an auto-tranny and other differences in suspension.

In short, the SRT-6 is a higher performance version of the base/imited Crossfire with little cosmetic touches added on and modified driving dynamics.

Last edited by Kit Fox; 06-19-2009 at 11:56 AM.
Old 06-19-2009, 12:01 PM

LMAO!!! What he said.......^^^

**Face palm** with **headshakes**

Old 06-19-2009, 12:15 PM

Thanks Kit Fox for that information.In the UK we are not as fortunate as owners in the USA, in that Crossfires have not been sold for a long time in the UK and those that were sold are as short as hens teeth and any information is hard to get.

I have obtained a price list for the year of my car together with a full 24 page Crossfire brochure. the price list mentions the SRT-6 but gives no further information. The Brochure does not mention the SRT-6 at all.

So I was using my limited brain to ask for the information from where it could reasonably be found, on this forum.

Forgive me for asking such a stupid question (to your mind)

Old 06-19-2009, 12:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The SRT6 comes with a passenger underwear removal feature.

Old 06-19-2009, 01:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since SRT6 drivers are always in the passing lane, Chrysler decided to lighted the car by one electric motor and just leave the dang spoiler in the up position...hehehe.

Chris

Old 06-19-2009, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by sonoronos
The SRT6 comes with a passenger underwear removal feature.
Good one, Sonoronos!
I ALWAYS ask my passengers if they'd like to go to the bathroom first before getting in.

Old 06-19-2009, 02:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As mentioned above, the biggest difference is in the engine. The SRT6 engine is hand assembled by one technician by AMG. Plus we get the power goodies from AMG as well. In the US I have heard a replacement engine could cost as much as $25K USD.

I just had my supercharger replaced at no cost under warranty. It would have cost over $6K USD just for the supercharger.

Originally Posted by Roy Mander
Thanks Kit Fox for that information.In the UK we are not as fortunate as owners in the USA, in that Crossfires have not been sold for a long time in the UK and those that were sold are as short as hens teeth and any information is hard to get.

I have obtained a price list for the year of my car together with a full 24 page Crossfire brochure. the price list mentions the SRT-6 but gives no further information. The Brochure does not mention the SRT-6 at all.

So I was using my limited brain to ask for the information from where it could reasonably be found, on this forum.

Forgive me for asking such a stupid question (to your mind)