Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

baddd dayyy

Old 06-25-2009, 09:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default baddd dayyy

Well today i was on my way up a steep incline of a road that goes up a mountain. It is a road that has no lines. A lady in a big SUV came at me head first and came into my lane. Reacting quickly i swerved to the right in the one spot on the road that has a big rock sticking out in the road. i hit the rock in the front pushing my pasenger side pannel back underneath my passenger side door and then that spun me around and my passenger back tire hit the rock directly and broke something right behind the wheel sooo now my wheel is pointing in.
0_IMAGE_0392.jpg
heres the front.

0_IMAGE_040.jpg

the side panel is puched back

0_IMAGE_041.jpg
my rim

0_IMAGE_044.jpg

panel is tucked under my door so now i cant open the passenger door.

0_IMAGE_045.jpg

and lastly my beautiful pointing in wheel.

insurance says that my copay would be half of what it is if there was a police report and the police say there is no reason to write a report cuz there was no between me and the other vehicle. The lady that caused the accident stopped and then right when i got out of the car she took off. so basically if i would have let her hit me head on i would be paying less money then i am now. greatttttt.

Old 06-25-2009, 10:09 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: baddd dayyy

Almost 2 yrs ago I had a nasty encounter with a curb entering an onramp for the freeway. There were two rt lanes and I was in the one farthest right. The person in the left lane cut into my lane when turning forcing me to hit (a) his car or (b) the curb. Instinctively I chose the curb, causing $4K damage to the car. Because they did not stop, my insurance considered it hit and run. No police report....I got out of paying my deductible because I did not take a rental car.

Originally Posted by makeithappen
Well today i was on my way up a steep incline of a road that goes up a mountain. It is a road that has no lines. A lady in a big SUV came at me head first and came into my lane. Reacting quickly i swerved to the right in the one spot on the road that has a big rock sticking out in the road. i hit the rock in the front pushing my pasenger side pannel back underneath my passenger side door and then that spun me around and my passenger back tire hit the rock directly and broke something right behind the wheel sooo now my wheel is pointing in.

heres the front.

the side panel is puched back

my rim

panel is tucked under my door so now i cant open the passenger door.

and lastly my beautiful pointing in wheel.

insurance says that my copay would be half of what it is if there was a police report and the police say there is no reason to write a report cuz there was no between me and the other vehicle. The lady that caused the accident stopped and then right when i got out of the car she took off. so basically if i would have let her hit me head on i would be paying less money then i am now. greatttttt.

Old 06-25-2009, 11:33 PM

there would be an accident report because you had an accident, and wouldn't it be considered reckless driving, and leaving the scene of an accident. they can should be able to write a report/document that. the woman is at fault so I believe that technically your could go after her insurance company, but that's provided you got a license plate, or atleast something.
Regards,
steve

Old 06-25-2009, 11:57 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm really sorry to to hear about (and see) your damaged car. I hate to say it, but it might even be totaled. (It doesn't take much to do on our cars).
Unfortunately, with no witnesses and no body damage on her SUV, even if you got her license number it would boil down to your word against hers.
This whole thing just suc's. I hope you can get a new Crossfire out of this. Good Luck.

Old 06-26-2009, 01:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well hopefully it isn't totaled, from what it seems I don't think you bent the frame which is honestly what totals these cars..framework lends itself to high repair bills.

If I were to guess in the rear tire you may have broken a tie rod loose..either broke it or just jarred it loose (but i suspect if that is it, it's broken)

As for the front, a good body shop should be able to pull the panel and re-align it...not sure what that would cost.

Good luck with your repairs

Old 06-26-2009, 04:03 AM
Forum Regular

Ahhhhhh poor baby.... I would be sick over it....hope it is fixable!!!

Deb

Old 06-26-2009, 07:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So sorry about the car...... at least you are able to tell the story !

Old 06-26-2009, 08:25 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry to hear about your car. Dang SUV drivers, she'll get hers, kharma will give it back to her threefold(hehehe).

Old 06-26-2009, 09:08 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

very sorry to read/see this.

I don't know the area, but is it reasonable that she may drive that road daily? You could get a plate number and go from there. If she is a hit and run driver, this may not be the first and the insurance companies might come to an agreement due to her record. Just a thought.
Or and this is only in jest do you own a high power rifle? Sit on the rock and wait for her bumper to drive by. Just in jest.

Old 06-26-2009, 11:25 AM

You said and I quote "Reacting quickly".
Do you think you should have said "Over reacting"?

Old 06-26-2009, 11:45 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Another nice person gets screwed. Avoid a potentially really bad situation and get penilised for it. Some times it is better to just brace yourself and make a little "bang", but still enough bang for insurence to pay fot it. Thats what it is there for. These cars have good airbags and safty features. You will be fine.

Old 06-26-2009, 12:36 PM
Forum Regular

Sorry to hear about your accident. Those pics are painful to look at! I would love to know if the lady was taking a cell phone call while driving? Chances are pretty high that she was...Hope everything works out for you. Keep your chin up and best of luck!

Monty

Old 06-26-2009, 12:53 PM
Forum Regular

You know people are in their own little world when inside their cars!! It is a shame that they have no regard for others on the road... I never even have my cell phone on while driving... if I need to use it I stop or wait until I have to stop. Hate that you have damage to your beauty... best of luck and hope she is back on the road soon. I personally would be crying!! LOL but hey, I'm a girl!!!

Deb

Old 06-26-2009, 01:24 PM
Forum Regular

I'd be crying too, and I'm a dude....

Monty

Old 06-26-2009, 03:12 PM
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by Rapp's
very sorry to read/see this.

I don't know the area, but is it reasonable that she may drive that road daily? You could get a plate number and go from there. If she is a hit and run driver, this may not be the first and the insurance companies might come to an agreement due to her record. Just a thought.
Or and this is only in jest do you own a high power rifle? Sit on the rock and wait for her bumper to drive by. Just in jest.
I see that Rapp's has said it first and I agree, it may be worth your while to go to this spot a little before and stay a little past the time the event happened. Some people always have to take the same route day after day. Take a camera and if you are lucky you can get a picture, make sure you are in a position that you have time to get the plate, the car and hopefully the woman. You should insist on a police report and have a copy for your insurance.
She did run you of the road, do you have to suffer an injury before they look for her?

Last edited by onehundred80; 06-26-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:30 PM

I told the police while trying to get a report that "would it have been better if i let her hit me potentially throwing me or her off a cliff on one side or crushing me against the rocks on the other." I also told the officer that i most likely would have been crushed by her SUV if i did not try to avoid her. He just told me he had no comment and that he can not fill out a police report. The way the accident happened as i was getting out of my car she took off around a corner. So no plate which is now screwing me over with insurance. And i was too angry and taken back by what had just happened to me that there was no time to even think about crying. Thank you all for your comments they are definitely helping me through. i already miss my car like crazy.

Old 06-26-2009, 06:01 PM

I'm very sorry to hear of your misfortune. If there were any justice, you would be able to sue the SUV driver and make her pay for her negligence. The sad truth, however, is that even if you stake out the road and see her driving merrily along next Monday or whenever, you don't have enough evidence to pass the preponderance of proof standard to win a judgment in a civil suit. Unless you have very credible witnesses to back you up, it's your word against a woman who has already established your willingness to lie and cheat.

I can imagine her statement to an investigating officer (who will be hard to motivate into even going after her), "Officer, I saw that guy run off the road as he was chugging a beer. I started to stop and help, but he jumped out of the car waving a knive and yelling like a crazy man." Or more likely, she would say she has never seen you in her life.

It sure does suck, but there you have it.

Old 06-27-2009, 03:58 PM
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

First, you did the right thing by avoiding a head-on. Just damn bad luck a rock was there. You might try pursuing a comprehensive claim. That covers hitting a deer here in lovely Michigan, which is overrun with the damn long-legged rats.