Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Delivery

Old 10-20-2003, 03:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delivery

I have been informed my order number 23 off the production line should be delivered mid November and have, in a moment of excitement, bought X55FRE. I know it is a bit tongue in cheek and you need to think about the X being a cross but what the hell.

Old 10-20-2003, 12:23 PM

Don't no how your delear has managed it, obviously more up to date than many of the dealers out there.

I've sent another email to Chrysler adding a few more lines as have heard nothing since preview show in summer.
Maybe all I'll be getting this year is the toy car!

So much for keeping everyone up to date with fillers for your Crossfire Silver Tin.

Please feel free to email the address below with your thoughts to Chrysler UK

To: mike.arthur@daimlerchrysler.co.uk

Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2003 5:53 PM
Subject: crossfire

Resent: Monday, October 19, 2003 5.20 PM

I ordered a crossfire in Dec 02 and I am still waiting to find out price,spec and date of delivery.
My local dealer cannot give me this information so who do I contact?
For a car due out in Nov I find this a rather relaxed attitude towards a customer.
I should imagine that the majority of crossfire owners have not bought from chrysler/jeep before (looking at the carpark at the preview event) so is this the way to be treating us.You do not get this sort of customer service from merc,audi,porsche who are your main rivals in this sector.

Waiting 11 days

Is it possible to have an answer to my questions or address of someone that can help.

There is a forum containing pre-owners also waiting for some sort of reply.

thankyou

Old 10-20-2003, 05:41 PM

BIT LONG WINDED I KNOW BUT MACJAKE THANKS FOR THE E-MAIL ADDRESS OF THE UK CONTACT FOR CHRYSLER , LETS SEE IF WE GET A REPLY????

'A fellow Crossfire fan from crossfireforum.org passed on your E-mail in the hope that you may be able to give an Idea of Delivery times.
I ordered the car 12 months ago and agree that we are being kept too in the dark on Delivery. I have already passed the timescale when I can
book a few days off to enjoy the Car. Let alone the fact that I need to organise selling my existing car, organising the Finance, Insuring the car etc etc.
However this is actually not my main gripe, I am sure releasing Delivery dates is a difficult one as of course you do not want to give a timescale that can't be met. A brand new Car off the production line could have unforseen problems. The big big complaint is lack of information. The intial marketing was good, I loved the idea of the Silver tin and the teasers and then NOTHING. Good communication is at the heart of any business. You have the names, addresses, Telephone numbers and E-mail addreses of every one of your 610 intial owners. Why is that you have not kept us up to date with the progress of the vehicles, why the sudden silence. This is POOR marketing. I have gone from being extremely impressed and hence spreading the word mentioning the word 'Chrysler' to a great number of people in a very positive fashion [ that is the startegy of marketing is it not ] to having a glum expression and a shrug of my shoulders when people ask me ' when is the car coming?'.
The dealer greats me with the same shrug when I press them for ANY information.
Regardless of delivery you could of at least released the price, specifications, planned role out of the Vehicles and really continued the Strong marketing that you started with.
Customers want and need good communication, even if it is sometimes not what they want to hear. They will appreicate the effort of being kept informed and are unlikely to wain in your support.
Now of course once the Car does get delivered, it will be all smiles and back to singing the praises of ' Chrysler' and when someone asks me what the car is , where can I buy one?, what do you think I may reply when they enquire further, 'How long did you/will I have to wait for it'???

Old 10-22-2003, 01:31 AM

Good Email, Well Put, Think myn would have been UK Buyer Well & Trully F****D O*F. Daimler Chrysler at Milton Keynes Joke,.
I Have even spoken to the marketing department direct and told them verbally that the marketing is P Poor.
Regardless I have also had a phone call from my supplier, and he has invited me to a launch of the car last week in October,, "FEW DAYS NOW"
and said my vehicle would be with him Mid November for delivery 3rd week in November,,,**Beleive it when i see it**
But to conclude I do think DC need a good kick up the **** for this poor attention to NEW clients....... But what the heck the dont even keep there dealers informed. So what chance do we have..

Harry, Silver Blue, Auto.

Old 10-22-2003, 03:57 PM

Where are you in the Country Harry??. I have heard nothing from my dealer or in response to my E-Mail. Surprise, Surprise!!

Old 10-22-2003, 05:20 PM
Default Launch Date

My dealer, Hughes of Beaconsfield, said today they received a pack from Chrysler stating the launch will be on Saturday 15th November 2003 and prices will start at ’27,360. Anyone else confirm this? I also have registered on Chrysler web site and received absolutely no information and the tin is waitng patiently for more tracing paper to fill it. If this is the way Chrysler treat their potential customers they deserve a good **** kicking, most of us would be out of business by now. Even the dealer has yet to see a car! yet alone test drive it. :cry:

Old 10-23-2003, 01:08 AM

Hi adf

I live in Yorkshire but have ordered my car through my fleet supplier that does all my company cars. The dealer who will supply me is in Middlesborough, I have yesterday receved the next update pack from chrysler and YES this confirms the Launch as the 15th November , some very very good photo's with it also. I hope this means that we will all get our cars in November. I was told i would, but delivery is supposed to be 2 weeks after the launch, so last week in November, just in time for the first snow. least i will be able to go christmas shopping in it "lol"

Thanks
Harry

Old 10-23-2003, 09:52 AM

Thanks for that harry, although I,ve yet to get the update, other posts seem to all say the same date 15/11/03. End of November like you say looks like when we will get our cars.

Old 10-23-2003, 10:57 AM

Phoned customer services today to find out about news letter,she read until I told her to stop.
She read "base price",what base price? there is only meant to be one option:gearbox.
She read "launch day"
Why the **** would we want to go to a launch day.We all ordered our cars without seeing one,best thing to do is boycott all the launch shows.
I travelled 500 mile round trip to the preview show and what a load of b***ocks that was.I walked around a car that couldn't be started let alone be driven,went upstairs for a cup of coffee,walked back down stairs and out the front door where I was stopped to be given a gift of a toy car.
Could have made a film 'I Was Gone In 360 Seconds'.
There won't be a smiling new customer at my dealers on LAUNCH DAY.
I might even leave their only 'SOLD' crossfire until I AM ready to collect ,I'd like to see how they explain that to potential customers.

Sorry nothing good to post I joined this forum because at the start I was looking forward to this car and wished to read owners views which were encouraging..........but time passes........and delivery dates move further away and the price just keeps going up.

Old 10-25-2003, 03:55 AM
Default Delivery

Good Morning xfire people

I received an email from DC today. Again saying Saturday 15th November is the launch day for dealers.
The email confirms that "10" Crossfires have been shipped to dealers but they cannot yet confirm which dealers. But it clearly states that dealers should NOW be able to track each individuals orders and give a delivery date. Myn has and it is the last week in November.

Anyone else got any news on this. :?:

was :twisted: and :evil: now feeling It's been a long wait. But we are all nearly there.

Old 10-25-2003, 05:16 AM

I got my pack today for the tin stating the 15/11/03 and a voucher for a performance driving course. Thats quite funny though as its also for a friend?. Just trying to work out where the poor friends going to be in the car??

Doesn't look that good through as it is not a 'track day' just driving around your local roads.

Can't get any joy on delivery , Harry you must have spoken with 'Hugo' to get your date, he's of on Hols now although they have promised to call me Monday with my delivery date.