Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Northeast Area Crossfire Owners

Old 10-28-2003, 11:15 PM
imported_mightyjlr
Default Northeast Area Crossfire Owners

For all the northeast Crossfire owners, we are trying to put an event together for sometime in November to meet up and have a track day, or cruise... just something to all meet up and have a good time before winter sets in. Here is the thread:

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...opic.php?t=381

If anyone is interested post on that thread so we can get a head count.

Old 11-02-2003, 01:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pictures

We purchased our Crossfire in July and have not seen another one on the road yet. Live in Cecil County, MD have been from South Carolina to New York and have been looking. You have alot of pictures, where are you seeing all of these Crossfires.

Old 11-03-2003, 06:30 AM
kusheen
Default Cecil County Xfire

Hi,

I have a black 6 speed I purchased in August, and live in Anne Arundel County near Annapolis.

I've seen two SSB's on the road, one near my home the day I bought my car, another in downtown Baltimore about a month or so ago.

There are a few in Maryland!

Old 11-11-2003, 01:03 PM

I purchased my alabaster/dark slate crossfire last month after 3 years of waiting for this car to become a reality. I, too, have also not seen another on the road, yet...

I'll keep an eye out for both of you guys in the AArundel & Cecil county areas as I'd love to see one actually cruising down the highway (I permanently reside in southeastern PA, work in DC, and spend a few days per week on Kent Island, so 301/50 is a staple for me - hope you're out there at the same time sometime). Safe travels!

Old 11-11-2003, 02:28 PM

I'm in Virginia Beach and would be interested in hearing what you come up with. Like everyone else the only one I've seen on the road here is mine. Would Love to meet up with other people that are as crazy about there Crossfires as I am.

Old 11-12-2003, 11:03 AM

kusheen - I will be in Annapolis Friday 11/14/03. We were in Annapolis 6 weeks ago mabe you saw our crossfire. We come to town and hang out at the harbor. We aren't boaters but what a great place to for a day .

Old 11-21-2003, 09:39 PM

For those of you who haunt route 50/301 in the DC/Annapolis/Eastern Shore area, the red one you might have seen is mine! I've had it since the end of September and it's fabulous. I commute from Easton to DC most days and I've been to Orlando and Richmond, VA and back and not seen another one on the highway. The car seems to draw a crowd wherever it goes and folks on the highway stare, honk, and wave - what a hoot! Perhaps in the spring we should think about a tour of the Eastern Shore back roads or Western Maryland, eh?
Happy driving

Old 11-22-2003, 05:58 AM

I think you folks sould take a trip to Virginia Beach.... :lol: Or Ocean City.... If you want to stay in Md.

Enjoy!!!

Old 11-22-2003, 12:12 PM
kusheen
Default an idea

It's a LONG way off, but there is a big car show in Ocean City every October...always the weekend before Columbus day.

I posted about this in the events area leading up to it this Fall.

It's mostly hot rods, about 2500 of them, but in the Fall (the promoters also do a show in May the weekend before Memorial Day weekend) they permit any kind of enthusiast car.

Had my black Xfire there (I moonlight for the promoters). There were about 6 or 7 300M's, about 30 PT Cruisers, a couple of Vipers, two or three Prowlers, in addition to couple Cobra replicas, and thousands of 'rods and restored muscle cars from the 60's/70's. The OC Police chose my car for their Best in Show award (there are about 100 sponsor awards given out).

It's a GREAT time, plan on going. It's a long weekend, show starts Thursday and runs through Sunday.

The May show is limited to cars 1974 or Older, and that show typically has about 3500 to 4000 cars spread out in 3 locations in OC. Doesn't mean it wouldn't be a good weekend to take the cars to OC. I MAY be able to coerce the promoters into letting us put our cars on the Inlet Parking lot, but the 'rod owners usually complain when the newer cars are there.

In the 'immediate' area there's Rob in NOVA, Kennedy in Easton, there's a poster here in Cecil County, me in the Annapolis area, and I've seen a couple different SSB's around whose ownership is not yet accounted for. We're a little spread out in the region, but half the fun would be the drive to a centralized location for lunch on a weekend.

This would've been a great weekend, weatherwise, to meet off Kent Island at the Crab Deck...

Old 11-22-2003, 12:17 PM

Gorgeous weather here in Va. Beach too, as you can well guess.... Just played 18 now it's out to wash the car then go for a ride.