Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Who is still smiling after 1000 miles?

Old 12-01-2003, 01:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who is still smiling after 1000 miles?

I haven't even broken 100 on mine yet, but I would like to know what I have to look forward to. Only problems so far are missing valve caps on the rear tires which the dealer will replace and an inability to program the "Home-link" transceiver. Following directions to clear the factory code by holding the outside buttons down for 20 seconds (tried 60) and still no blinking light. Thinking it might have been previously cleared I moved on to the second phase by holding the transmitter 3 inches from the transceiver and holding appropriate buttons down for a minute with no joy there either. Anyone else have this problem? Over all I give the Crossfire a 14 on a 10 scale. 10 points for just looking great in my garage, a point for that wonderful radio, another for interior sound management, incredibly quiet for a sports/personal car, another for the engine and the last for handling. Regards - Bob

Old 12-01-2003, 02:47 PM

I have 2,800 miles on mine and Love it!!! Like most people I've got a few things for the dealer to fix when I take it in for service. The worst of which is the lock for the glove box. I opened the glove box and the whole tumbler fell out . I put all the springs and sliders in a zip-lock bag for the dealer. I wrapped a little tap arounf the tumbler and pushed it back into the glovebox door. I looks and opens fine. I just can't lock it for now. The only other thing is the radio display.

Old 12-01-2003, 03:31 PM

CCrossfire,
If you have a rolling code garage door opener, it is going to require a little more work to program the Homelink. You are actually going to have to press the program button in the garage door motor, then go back down into the car, and hold the button. It's a little trickier, but the thinking behind the manufacture of the rolling code, is that it provides greater security. Instructions shoudl be in the manual about both ways of programming the homelink, and if all else fails, call Homelink's 800 number.

Hope this helps.
Pat

Old 12-01-2003, 04:08 PM
BKH

I just rolled over 3,000 miles this weekend after my first long-distance trip in the Crossfire (26.5 mpg driving at least 80 most of the way).

In four months, I have only had one minor problem: wind noise around the driver's side window. An adjustment by my dealer (who is fantstic, by the way - not your stereotypical Chrysler repair facility) fixed the problem.

I have no rattles, mystery noises, or malfunctions. The car is absolutely perfect and still turns heads everywhere I go. It is the ONLY new car I've owned that required only one warranty visit in the first four months of ownership (and I am a PICKY owner). My previous car, a BMW 750, was in the shop ever 2-3 weeks and rarely without an overnight visit or two. I once went six weeks without a problem in that car and had a small party to celebrate the sleeping Bavarian gremlins.

In my opinion, you have lots of happy motoring to look forward to with your Crossfire. Heck, I even have so much faith that I'll keep this car more than one year (a personal record) that I ordered a personalized tag: XFIRE.

Enjoy your car.

PS: The only thing that might get me out of my car sooner is the upcoming SRT-6 Crossfire. The attorney that tries to get my tickets reduced will probably jump for joy if I trade up for that version as his annual income will surely increase substantially!

Old 12-01-2003, 04:25 PM
Default 1000 MILES

I've got about 1500 mi on mine. No problems. Haven't noticed any wind noise either. Radio display problem is well known.

Don't hesitate to call the Homelink people, they are great. I had a problem with my frist Sebring. They sent me an entire set of hardware to mount on the existing garage door receiver and some extra remote controls. All at no charge.

Old 12-01-2003, 07:17 PM
imported_mightyjlr

I'm just over 4000 miles after 2 months. Of course I love the car, how can you not? My only problem? The *** that keyed my car. Other than that there are a few random rattling and vibration noises I want the dealer to look at.

Old 12-01-2003, 07:38 PM

I have just over 3,000 miles in my Xfire. It is scheduled to go into my dealer this Friday for a free oil & filter change. There is nothing I can complain about to the dealer about this car. It runs perfect, no strange noises or standard tranmission, 1st gear problems.

I have the original radio and that is not the dealer's problem, as it has been reported on this forum that the radio will be replaced.

Very happy with my decision to purchase this model. Everytime I get gas I have to give a "tour" of the car to some guy/s who is fueling his vehicle.
Not too many people have seen one of these up close.

Old 12-01-2003, 08:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Approaching 4 months and 3k miles, and I'm delighted. No problems and always a joy to drive. Like Joe said, always giving a "tour".

Joe, as I recall you got yours in Bristol; which is where I work. Haven't seen you around town. Am I the only one showing off an Xfire in town or are you assisting, lol.

Old 12-02-2003, 11:17 AM

im unsure of the amount of miles on my dads crossfire, but hes had it since the end of july. the only problem he has had with it so far, which was major, was a bad seal on the roof which led to the roof liner leaking. but it all got replaced under warranty and everything is perfect.

Old 12-02-2003, 02:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just passed 5000 miles, and still all smiles. I am also very pleased with my "5*****" dealer. I have the new radio thanks to my service tech.
Still getting as much attention as when I first picked up the car in June. :lol: :lol:

Old 12-02-2003, 02:29 PM
Forum Regular

I have 1500 miles on mine. No problems with the vehicle.

It is wonderful!

Don't run over a brick that slid off a truck.... I did. The 2 rims and wheels were expensive!!!!!

That was a bummer......

Old 12-02-2003, 03:35 PM

Since its delivery last July I managed to put 5000 miles on my Sapphire beauty. One long distance trip I drove from my San Francisco home to San Diego turning heads everywhere up and down the interstate! No troubles what so ever with the vehicle other than the driver door needs adjusting. I am proud of my investment!

Old 12-02-2003, 05:18 PM

I have almost 7000 miles in 4 months and other than the radio display all is wonderful. Still have to show the car almost everytime I get gas and still have people stopping me to say ITS GORGEOUS WHAT IS IT ?

Old 12-03-2003, 04:23 PM

Just turned over 4000 yesterday ( in only 9 weeks ), Still love it :lol:
Only problems I have had are one of the "s" in crossfire fell off
while I was washing it, release liner on the "s" had not been compleatly removed. Dealer has a new one and is waiting for me to come back in.
Also have that driver side wind noise, need to get dealer to fix.

SSB/AS # 723

Old 12-05-2003, 12:23 AM

Regarding the garage door opener... I had the same problem. I think the book neglects to tell you that the ignition switch needs to be on. I don't know if I just overlooked that little detail in the book or what... but I struggled with it for 20 minutes before this solution occurred to me. With ignition on, the programming worked with 1 try.

Old 12-05-2003, 08:14 AM

Yes it took me awhile to figure that one out also, just as the tips to fix it started coming in. The manual specifically says to turn the engine off. They need to print another one of those yellow update to the manual cards to inform buyers, not that we ever read them. Any way mine works great now and it's a pleasure not to keep all those remotes in the car.