Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Maint. Question, regarding a symbol that came up.

Old 10-02-2009, 07:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maint. Question, regarding a symbol that came up.

Starting a few days ago, a wrench and a clock and a number came up, each day when I start it, it comes up and is counting back from 30 each day. Does that mean I need an oil change at the end of those days? I was planning on getting one this month anyways.......... but it seems my car knows it needs one haha

Old 10-02-2009, 08:03 AM
Banned
Default Re: Maint. Question, regarding a symbol that came up.

No ha ha about it. The car, Engineer?Guy, is telling you that you are overdue for an oil change. Kindly read the Sticky about the FSS - Flexible Service System.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:16 AM

Overdue?? ohhhhh well thats no good, better get my baby in asap! Thanks

Old 10-02-2009, 06:45 PM

The last owner of mine let it go 6000 miles over, and after 800 miles more I still don't have the time to change this stuff. Other than a stinky *** cabin filter, it's doin good so far.

Old 10-03-2009, 03:26 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think there are a couple ways that it can be displayed. Sounds like you need one in the next 30 days, after it gets to zero it will do +days or just miles I believe. Ill check the thread or pull out the manual in the morning to find out

Originally Posted by RapidFire
The last owner of mine let it go 6000 miles over, and after 800 miles more I still don't have the time to change this stuff. Other than a stinky *** cabin filter, it's doin good so far.
Sometimes they just forget/don't know to reset the message, service could have been done. (Rest/FSS info thread)

Last edited by Airscape; 10-03-2009 at 03:41 AM.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:12 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by RapidFire
Seriousl?. Of course the car will seem to be doing well, right until the point where it doesn't. The car will run great even even if the oil isn't of the correct viscosity any longer but one day the car will suddenly no longer be able to drive because the engine internals will be fused to the block because the oil turned to crap/sludge or there wasn't enough in there. And then you are stuck trying to replace a mercedes engine on your own dime. Maybe an old civic or corolla would have been a better automotive choice? Is this your first car?

Old 10-04-2009, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by AllEuro
Seriousl?. Of course the car will seem to be doing well, right until the point where it doesn't. The car will run great even even if the oil isn't of the correct viscosity any longer but one day the car will suddenly no longer be able to drive because the engine internals will be fused to the block because the oil turned to crap/sludge or there wasn't enough in there. And then you are stuck trying to replace a mercedes engine on your own dime. Maybe an old civic or corolla would have been a better automotive choice? Is this your first car?
Haha someone seems a little tee'd today. I didn't say I was purposely neglecting the car. I just simply havn't had the time to completely go over the service checklist myself. The oil was changed at the dealer before I bought it. All it really needs is a new oil filter and cabin air filter (plus just a check on some other parts).