Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

What we learned this weekend

Old 02-22-2004, 08:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What we learned this weekend

Here is a good service report about Pensacola (FL) Chrysler, now known as Sandy Sansing Chrysler.
About three weeks ago I contacted the dealership where I bought my Xfire about having the radio swapped out. We all know about the display problem. I also wanted them to work on the wind noise problem, which they were familiar with, having corrected it for two other owners. I also had the oil and filter changed at 35-hundred miles, even though it is not really due until 75-hundred. I have free oil changes as part of the sale. And, I had to use to tire sealant about a month ago and needed some info on replacing it. Since I am about 300 miles away I wanted to get all these items taken care of on the same trip. So that I wouldnft waste the trip I contacted the dealership the day before to make sure everything was in order. Arranging all this long distance can be a bit unnerving. As it turned out the radio had arrived, they had researched the other questions and gotten answers and had cleared my appointed time with the staff crossfire tech. My sale agreement also included the use of a rental vehicle while the service was underway. That process had already been attended to.
Here are a couple of things I learned/noticed. First on the replacement radio. Itfs a minor thing but it takes noticeably longer for the radio to start playing a station when the car is started. Somewhere in the area of 20 seconds. Its not really important just noticeable. I also noticed the TP ON, TP OFF and TP MUTE. I donft remember all those TP modes on the original radio. Apparently there has been some reprogramming on the upgrade.
One thing that was pointed out to me by the service manage was that the black box on the passenger side under the hood that contains the computer devices has its own pump to keep air circulating through it. Seems like I read a post about that on this forum some time ago. The service manager also pointed out some other things he and the crossfire tech had noticed such as some of the heavy duty cabling where lighter weight wiring is used on many other vehicles. Another tech was filling the wiper fluid container as the manager was writing up the service order. After putting in about half a gallon he noticed a good bit running out under the car. gHerefs another problem.h he said. I said gNo thatfs from the overflow.h (Thanks to a post on this forum for that info). A few minutes later he came back a said gYep, it does have an overflow.h I guess he talked with the crossfire tech about it.
So I got the radio changed, got the wind noise problem taken care of, although I never really notice the wind noise anyway. Maybe because the radio is always up way too loud. Oil and filter is changed. Now the not-as-good-news: The can of tire sealant. Replacement: $61.19. Ouch. I think Ifll order it anyway. It would still be good insurance against being stuck on a country road somewhere. The service manager says it can be ordered from any Chrysler dealer. BTW the part number is 5114268AA. I saw the suggestions about Fix-a-flat on the forum. And, even the crossfire tech saidc gJust go to Wal-Mart and get some fix-a-flat.h
Now the other not-so-good news. I have read a post or two on this forum about a tire with a bulge on it. I have one on a rear tire. Ifll contact the dealership and see what happens.
All in all it was a good trip (I really went down there for Mardi Gras) so even if the service trip had not turned out as well as it did the trip would not have be a total loss.
Happy motoring and hope you have a pleasant service experience too.