Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

programming garage door opener ???

Old 01-21-2012, 05:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: programing garage door opener ???

Still can't get my program to take. I have a Liftmaster garage opener and a 2005 Crossfire....any new ideas?

Old 01-23-2012, 08:42 AM

You may need to start over… Clear the system by pressing the #1 button & #3 and hold them until the system clears then, push the open button on the remote and hold it next to the homelink, then push and hold one of the buttons on the Crossfire for about 45 seconds, then push the learning button on the motor and then the button that you just programed. That should work. You can call me @ 800.339.6341 if you want.
Doug

Old 01-23-2012, 09:40 AM

I tried on and off to program my door opener for 2 yrs. Last year it took. Been working eversince. I think the difference was I repositioned the door opener antenna wire toward the front of the garage. I don't know that that was the fix, but it works. I'm happy. didn't realize how much I would use it.

Old 01-23-2012, 01:03 PM
Smile Re: programing garage door opener ???

Originally Posted by DVanDurme
You may need to start over… Clear the system by pressing the #1 button & #3 and hold them until the system clears then, push the open button on the remote and hold it next to the homelink, then push and hold one of the buttons on the Crossfire for about 45 seconds, then push the learning button on the motor and then the button that you just programed. That should work. You can call me @ 800.339.6341 if you want.
Doug

You are the best! Worked the first time I tried it. Also worked for my Chrysler Sebring Convert. Thanks for your help.

Bruce

Old 01-23-2012, 01:43 PM

I'm glad I could help...

Doug

Old 04-19-2014, 07:28 AM
Default Re: programming garage door opener ???

I recently bought 2 new visor remotes. for programming garage door opener I used this: Learn how to program your VISOR remote and COMPACT remote

All works

Old 08-17-2014, 06:13 PM

This has been a tad frustrating for me too. The owner's manual is worded differently than the service manual. The owner's manual makes reference to rolling codes but the service manual does not. Did "Bullwinkle" write the service manual? On to replacing the 7 hydraulic cylinders and the pump motor in the trunk using the service manual arggggggggggg!

Old 08-17-2014, 06:31 PM
Received 372 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by rfors777

LMAO its funny this guy actually has the LINK for them! LMAO!

Old 08-17-2014, 07:47 PM
Received 538 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by mike28117
This has been a tad frustrating for me too. The owner's manual is worded differently than the service manual. The owner's manual makes reference to rolling codes but the service manual does not. Did "Bullwinkle" write the service manual? On to replacing the 7 hydraulic cylinders and the pump motor in the trunk using the service manual arggggggggggg!
After going through this myself the other month I have a suggestion,
1, Do what it says in the book and not what you remember.
2, Do exactly what it says in the book not what you think it says.
3, Don't tell your wife you are having trouble with this simple task, as she'll just nod and laugh at you behind your back or tell you to get the kid next door to do it for you.

I tried to do it on our new car and then found that I had erased the code that worked for the other two cars. It took me a few hours to realize that I was doing what I thought the book said not what it actually said.

Old 08-18-2014, 01:43 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well I still never tried to program mine, but I see some people here have done it so Im going to give it another try today !!! but Im not expecting it to work thats why I have 4 remotes from sears now !!!! One for every car !!! Wish I had something for the Harley thou !!!

Old 08-18-2014, 03:39 PM
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

[QUOTE=Ed Mahoney;808705]well I still never tried to program mine, but I see some people here have done it so Im going to give it another try today !!! but Im not expecting it to work thats why I have 4 remotes from sears now !!!! One for every car !!! Wish I had something for the Harley thou !!![/QUOyTE]

Read the owners manual carefully and perform the operations exactly as it says and you might be surprised. I was able to program mine successfully, after installing a new opener with rolling codes. The key, as I recall, after pressing the learn button on the opener was that I had to press the button in the car two or three times. I think that it depends on the number of codes the opener uses. The other thing is you only have 30 seconds after pressing the learn button to be back in the car and pressing the button there. Be patient, it does work.

Old 01-22-2018, 09:27 PM
Received 133 Likes on 111 Posts

Could not program my 2007 Crossfire Roadster to open my garage door till I found out if you have a newer garage door opener the procedure in the manual won't work. I found this on youtube and it works. I think it's the same procedure that
pizzaguy wrote in detail but in a video format

The following users liked this post:
Robgauss (02-15-2024)
Old 01-29-2018, 01:55 PM

I was Looking for the best garage Door Openers and some other issues related to their installation and so i found this discussion.I want some suggestions that which will be best and good quality garage door opener? also i saw somewhere that it may start making noises and it may have small range so which will be the quietest and longer range with best in quality.

Last edited by Armstrongsmith; 03-17-2018 at 11:00 AM.
Old 07-31-2021, 01:27 PM

just a quick tip. when i first got my srt6 i was tired of seeing the tps sensors complain. as the car was old enough the batteries had gone out i didnt want to replace them. so i followed a guide on disabling them by unplugging a wire from the connectors on the remote board. guess what? that same wire disables the remote! doh! so many hours wasted trying to program a remote that wasnt even hooked up. =/

Last edited by mastermikie; 07-31-2021 at 01:39 PM.
Old 07-31-2021, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by mastermikie
just a quick tip. when i first got my srt6 i was tired of seeing the tps sensors complain. as the car was old enough the batteries had gone out i didnt want to replace them. so i followed a guide on disabling them by unplugging a wire from the connectors on the remote board. guess what? that same wire disables the remote! doh! so many hours wasted trying to program a remote that wasnt even hooked up. =/
Not such a quick tip as the question was 3.5 years ago.😀

Old 12-07-2021, 03:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dcskmail
Could not program my 2007 Crossfire Roadster to open my garage door till I found out if you have a newer garage door opener the procedure in the manual won't work. I found this on youtube and it works. I think it's the same procedure that
pizzaguy wrote in detail but in a video format
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGYP_ZiD42I
We aren't ignorant. The problem is it never goes to fast flashing! Very simple when it does. It works to program it at my old home, but I can't get it to flash at new home. Video is useless.

Old 12-16-2021, 09:25 AM
Received 140 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyingBoat
We aren't ignorant. The problem is it never goes to fast flashing! Very simple when it does. It works to program it at my old home, but I can't get it to flash at new home. Video is useless.
I’m not sure if your still experiencing difficulties with programming but some newer door lift mechs will not sync with our older tech vehicles.
I had to reach out to a local distributor/agent for the door openers, told him what I needed and he handed me a repeater.
it works in tandem with the newer openers and has its own remote to allow you to “train” your car.
you plug it into a power outlet, sync the remote for the repeater with your opener and then take that remote to the car and sync it

its an extra 2 steps and an additional $25 for the part. It’s been plugged in for the fast 4 years and has worked fine

Old 12-16-2021, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by UrbanE
I’m not sure if your still experiencing difficulties with programming but some newer door lift mechs will not sync with our older tech vehicles.
I had to reach out to a local distributor/agent for the door openers, told him what I needed and he handed me a repeater.
it works in tandem with the newer openers and has its own remote to allow you to “train” your car.
you plug it into a power outlet, sync the remote for the repeater with your opener and then take that remote to the car and sync it

its an extra 2 steps and an additional $25 for the part. It’s been plugged in for the fast 4 years and has worked fine
I put in a new garage opener this year and had the same problem. I shall buy the extra component sometime, until then I will use the new handheld transmitter.

Old 12-16-2021, 10:51 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by UrbanE

Hi, thanks.

That is the problem so often, old information isn't updated when doing a search. Which of course, I wouldn't expect users forums to be updated.

But, you would think Homelink would have something about this in their instructions!

I have the repeater in hand and will be attempting the setup.

Old 12-16-2021, 04:06 PM
Received 140 Likes on 109 Posts

Homelink repeater images
-Remote
-repeater
-instructions

The brand of garage door opener is Chamberlain

Please let us know if it works for you

Quick Reply: programming garage door opener ???