Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

side mirrors

Old 03-10-2004, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default side mirrors

I know from the manual that the side mirrors fold in or out, but I've only had my Crossfire for 22 hours and am afraid to pull on them. Is there any trick to folding them in? Also, did everybody get the free Chrysler luggage with their Crossfire? Mine is on the way (supposed to fit the truck perfectly).

Murph

Old 03-10-2004, 05:27 PM

If you'll push slightly inwards, they will fold in toward the glass.I do this after washing to dry the water out when done..It may take some light force, but don't worry, they will fold..Enjoy the ride !!

Old 03-10-2004, 06:03 PM

Thanks Tony. I pushed it a little but didn't want to do it wrong and break the thing when I just got it. I'll try it tonight.

Old 03-11-2004, 07:55 AM

No problem Murph.....They are spring loaded and will pop in / out. Like I said, I push them in after each wash to dry the inside...If not, they hold a small amount of water and will drip on your clean dry car..Kind of like the fuel filler door...Never fails, you bust you tail washing and drying..Then 20 minutes later you get water trails under the mirrors...Hey, its just part of the fun I guess...Summer's coming so keep'em clean...

Old 03-11-2004, 12:30 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gymtiger2
Like I said, I push them in after each wash to dry the inside...If not, they hold a small amount of water and will drip on your clean dry car..Kind of like the fuel filler door...Never fails, you bust you tail washing and drying..Then 20 minutes later you get water trails under the mirrors...
how do you get the water out from around your headlights? :lol:

Old 03-11-2004, 12:45 PM

The real question is.... How are you getting water into your headlights?
If it's just condensation you can keep your lights turned on for a while and that sould get rid of that. If you've got a bunch of water. I would be taking it to the dealer to have them find and fix the bad seal.

Old 03-11-2004, 03:50 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by WMichaels
The real question is.... How are you getting water into your headlights?
If it's just condensation you can keep your lights turned on for a while and that sould get rid of that. If you've got a bunch of water. I would be taking it to the dealer to have them find and fix the bad seal.
I was joking... you know how when you wash your car water sits in all the little hiding spaces, then when you drive it runs out and puts water marks on your nice clean car? I guess you might not have that problem since yours is white.

Old 03-11-2004, 04:06 PM
Old 03-11-2004, 04:12 PM

I bought a great little $19.95 blower (looks like a large hair dryer) from Kragan's that does a great job of drying the nooks and crannies. In particular, under the wing. The great thing about it is that it has a rubber snout. Prior to this I've always used a standard issue leaf blower. Generally speaking, a towel never touvhes my car: I strat out with a silicone sqeegee (how DO you spell that?) and end with the blower.

Old 03-11-2004, 04:38 PM

I deploy my wing after cleaning to get the big puddle of water
that likes to hide there out. I do like the blower idea, I wonder if my
200mph leaf blower will do the trick. BTW my power washer does a great job on the wheels, just spray a little simple green on them let it sit a couple of moments and power wash, alot less work than bending over and scubbing. , my son got me a bunch of these micro fiber cloths that work great to remove water......no more shamie. luckly its very hard to see any very small scratches on the SSB.

Old 03-11-2004, 04:49 PM

The only problem with blowers is that they can force water into where you don't want it. I too use my power washer o n the undercarriage and the wheels. A couple of months ago I managed to remove the Dodge decal from the door of my truck when I got a lttle too close with the washer

Old 03-11-2004, 04:54 PM

:shock: You are all lucky - it is against the law to wash your car at your house in Las Vegas ! :shock: You have to go to a car wash. Me thinks that someone with car washes is paying off some official in Las Vegas :lol:

Old 03-11-2004, 04:59 PM

I was recently in 'Vegasc read where in some areas the powers that be are paying owners to pull up their lawns. Apparently you're in the midst of the worst drought in Vegas recorded history

Old 03-11-2004, 06:59 PM
Default Thanks for the help and other ideas

Got the mirrors to move in with ease. I'm going to try the blower under the wing next time I wash. Do any of you have the "California Duster?" If not, get one. Takes the dust right off without even a tiny scratch on the car. Been using it for my last three cars. I'm off now to ride in my new beauty, Blaze Red. Getting comments from all over town. Thanks again everybody.

Murph

Old 03-11-2004, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Reg Kittrelle
I was recently in 'Vegasc read where in some areas the powers that be are paying owners to pull up their lawns. Apparently you're in the midst of the worst drought in Vegas recorded history
Yes - you can get paid to replace your lawn with drought resistant landscape!! And the new "fake" turf is showing up everywhere - but I must say - the new stuff is pretty hard to detect - it looks almost real. :shock: Hopefully we will get snow pack melt down to get Lake Mead back up to where it should be soon :roll:
I don't know why they continue to let developers build houses at the rate they do when there is such a fear of a water shortage. Oh well - here I'm starting with politics and I purposely stayed out of the other thread about politics!! :lol: :lol:

Old 03-12-2004, 11:28 AM

Murphc A Porshe fanatic recommend the "California Duster" to me. As you imply, a great product. For those interested you can get one from The California car Cover Companyc goolge 'em.
'Vegasc While I was in Vegas for a wedding, my secondary reason was possible investment in a home. After seeing the drought situation; no way.

Old 03-23-2004, 12:05 AM

Murph:
You can bet on it,they fold,I lerned it the hard way,while driving by a rural road(Live in Puerto Rico)at 50mph a son of a gun stoped his $50.00 car by the side of the road and whitout taking any precautions opened his door,hit my passenger mirrow I thought It was broken,it folded and sufered only a tiny scratch(not noticeable,but I know is there,it hurts)
HOY WHEELS