Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Headlamp harness question

Old 06-16-2010, 10:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Headlamp harness question

Hello All,
2005 coupe. Yes I have a bulb out. Low Beam, driver's side,... read all the links and horror stories - got one question asked twice- the wiring harness on the bulb - does that have any tabs holding it in place?,.. by just pulling I'm getting no where and don't want to break anything. Its frustrating enough just getting my mitts on it! So does the harness plug need to be squeezed, jiggled, meditated over? Thanks!

Old 06-16-2010, 11:21 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Headlamp harness question

As I recall a firm pull does the job. I would review this post which has an excellent write-up with pictures: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...-pictures.html

Old 06-17-2010, 01:05 AM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I changed a burnt out one yesterday - it was so easy once I figured out how it works that I changed both sides. Just pull the harness off - no clips but they feel tight the first time- might have to do some wiggling . Once the harness is off pull the wire retainer to the side to release and pull back. May be easiest to get the bulb out by grabbing one of the male terminals with needle nose pliers. Just make sure you get the notch on the bulb in the same place when you put it back and the wire retainer holds it snug - if it is loose it is not in correctly. Put the wiring harness back on and replace the rubber . I did both sides in less than 5 minutes but it took me an hour to figure out how it all worked first. Harness has to come off first.

Old 06-17-2010, 09:14 AM

Thanks so much. I was shaking my head in disbelieve with some of the stories of having to remove the whole headlamp unit to get at one bulb. The harness is on tight but I'll feel better now about giving it a litte "gentle persuasion". Thank you for the prompt reply.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:48 PM

I need to buy a new headlamp harness for my left front low beam. Anybody have a part number. The original harness cracked on my first attempt to remove. And later on it fried as it shorted out. I went to my local Chrysler guy and he spent more than 30 minutes trying to locate a part number without any success.

Would a M-Benz dealership be able to help me.