Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Wheel Damage

Old 03-21-2004, 08:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Damage

After the steering gear was replaced, the dealer couldn't center the steering wheel and check the alignment because their alignment machine can't handle 18-19" wheels. So they sublet out to Big O tires on Friday and after detailing the vehicle yesterday(Saturday), I noticed there is damage to both the front and rear wheels on the left side of the car. Barely visible, so I'm willing to ignore it. But my concern is >>>> will the damaged area discolor and/or rust? (See photos in my gallery) If so, I need to go back to the dealer and haggle over it. (I'm sick and tired of taking the car in, it's been in the shop a total of 6 days since I bought it on 2/22.)

Old 03-21-2004, 09:09 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would have them replace it, so that they'll be careful next time. Might be anyone of us here who'll be in their shop next
I won't let them get away with it if it's my car.

Old 03-21-2004, 09:10 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default reply....

i would pick up a tube of touch-up paint (dupli-color #SF FM 236...Ford silver charcoal). the match is almost perfect. available at your local auto parts store. the rims are aluminum so they will not rust but if they are not touched-up...the flawed area will darken.

i touched up a friends crossfire rear rim tonight after he had a curb episode.

Old 03-21-2004, 10:35 PM
Default Re: Wheel Damage

Originally Posted by Steve in SoCal
After the steering gear was replaced, the dealer couldn't center the steering wheel and check the alignment because their alignment machine can't handle 18-19" wheels. So they sublet out to Big O tires on Friday and after detailing the vehicle yesterday(Saturday), I noticed there is damage to both the front and rear wheels on the left side of the car. Barely visible, so I'm willing to ignore it. But my concern is >>>> will the damaged area discolor and/or rust? (See photos in my gallery) If so, I need to go back to the dealer and haggle over it. (I'm sick and tired of taking the car in, it's been in the shop a total of 6 days since I bought it on 2/22.)
OK, I'm back on my soapbox. This is one more example of Five Star Bullshit. This dealer obviously chose to become a "Crossfire Dealer", which to me implies they will get all of the equipment necessary to do any and all repair jobs. They don't, and send your car to the Dr. Frankensteins down the street to screw up. Another nail in the coffin on Chrysler's efforts to take the brand upscale. The 300, Magnum, etc. are toast before they get a shot at the big time. Neons and Sebrings are what Five Star Dealers can and want to handle, when they feel like it.

Old 03-22-2004, 12:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Steve in SoCal
I'd be in the General Manager's office first thing tomorrow morning screaming. Sadly, Bubba's tire shop will swear they didn't do it, that you must have hit several curbs on the way home, and will try to weasle out of doing crap for you.

They don't offer to repair, I'd document the hell out of the incident, type up a nice fax letter, and start broadcast faxing it to your dealer, Bubba's, the local BBB, Chrysler regional, Chrysler HQ, etc. etc. Make sure your cover sheet has ALL the people you're faxing it to listed prominently.

Old 03-22-2004, 06:57 AM
Default Strange behaviour...

Steve are you for real? you actually let people damage your car & dont complain, then pay yourself for the repair?!?!?!?
:lol:

:twisted:

Old 03-22-2004, 09:55 PM
Default Wheel Damage Update

Went back to the dealer tonight on my way home from work, showed them the wheels and handed them the pictures I took of the damage. They took some of their owm pics and promised to call me tomorrow with a resolution. I'm calling the dealer's Customer Relations Manager tomorrow and asking him to have a sit down meeting with me so I can apprise him of my experiences and concerns so far. After considering what happened I think if they're going to be "farming-out" work on the Crossfire, they need to be a little more selective about whom they choose. By the way, the Chrysler dealership in Riverside told me that anything they can't handle on the car they sublet out to the local Mercedes dealership (not Big O Tires!)...............

Old 03-27-2004, 01:25 PM
Default Re: reply....

Originally Posted by andrew
i would pick up a tube of touch-up paint (dupli-color #SF FM 236...Ford silver charcoal). the match is almost perfect. available at your local auto parts store. the rims are aluminum so they will not rust but if they are not touched-up...the flawed area will darken.

I used #NG FM 341 Silver Frost CC "Scratch Fix 2in1". Challenged the wife to find it (even told her which rim it was), and she couldn't.

Old 03-28-2004, 07:37 PM

Thanks for the tip Dave. Where did you get the #NG FM 341 Silver Frost CC "Scratch Fix 2in1"?

Old 03-28-2004, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by sorlando24
Thanks for the tip Dave. Where did you get the #NG FM 341 Silver Frost CC "Scratch Fix 2in1"?
Wal-Mart. 8)

Old 03-29-2004, 11:08 PM
Default curb episode

Originally Posted by andrew
i would pick up a tube of touch-up paint (dupli-color #SF FM 236...Ford silver charcoal). ...
Did you sand or file before "touching up"? Didn't the curb chop up the aluminum in addition to the finish?

Old 08-08-2008, 03:11 PM

While I was washing my car yesterday, I noticed several random deep scratches on my right rear rim. It's hard to explain, but you know how the rear SRT rims go "inward" from the tire about an inch? It's scratched on that part. Just random scratches. What's strange to me is that I didn't notice these until AFTER I had taken it to the dealership (I washed the car the night I brought it home). So, this kind of upsets me. Could a rock or something do this? If not, how would one go about confronting the dealer about this when I'm not 100% sure it was their fault?

Old 08-08-2008, 06:41 PM

This upsets me big time...