Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

newbees - friendly forum; stupid questions welcome

Old 04-12-2004, 03:20 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Obtuse? OK, I admit it, I had to look up the meaining for other than angle related.....

If I yelled at every person I deal with on a daily basis that could be called obtuse, my voice would be gone forever!

So you either help them, or give them pointers to where they can find the information themselves, or you just ignore them. Why the need to insult? It serves no purpose.

Old 04-12-2004, 03:44 PM

I got yelled at in my very first post. It could have proved intimidating for someone with less thick skin. The complaint was that I could have found the information in the manual. I did read the manual. I am an engineer. I must read the manual. I did not, however, memorize the manual.

I am not sure how useful the "Read the Manual" type comments really are. What seems obvious to some may not be obvious to others. A stupid question to some may be less stupid to others. I think it would be more helpful if the power users would simply ignore the questions that are beneath their dignity. The worst that would happen is that some questions might go without answers.

I am of the opinion that most of the occaisional urination contests that we have got to witness, have started as misunderstandings and then accellerated from there. Don't cast the first stone or duck when the first stone comes your way.

Old 04-12-2004, 04:35 PM
Forum Regular

Al:

Well said.

But I will add one more piece of advice, if I may:

If the stone is aimed low, you better jump instead of ducking, or you will get hit in the head!!

;-)

Old 04-12-2004, 05:54 PM
imported_mightyjlr

My stance on this is that no question is too stupid to be asked here. Hell, I don't care if someone asks "How do you open the door?". This is a place for information. Feel free to direct new users to use the search function if you want, but do it in a civil and polite way. If you think a question is stupid, don't answer it, I'm sure another member will be happy to answer it for you. What makes this site great is its members, people who have been here from the beginning AND newbies. If we attack the newbies for asking a question that has already been answered, or for one you think is stupid, nobody wins. The more people we can get to stick around and enjoy coming here, the better it will be. All I ask is that everyone treats each other with respect. This is a forum, and there are going to be differing opinions OF COURSE, but as soon as the differing opinions break down in to personal attacks, I get mad :evil: :lol: . Everyone have a good day, and play nice.

Old 05-19-2004, 10:42 AM
Default Subject Change

If you guys are done arguing, can someone please just advise a good setup/routine for detailing my baby? I don't want to spend 5 hours or $500 on cleaning so please recommend a practical/economical method. I have heard names like CrystalGuard and Zaino but I don't know where to start. Thanks for any help... :lol:

Old 05-19-2004, 10:53 AM
Forum Regular

NJ:

Some owners say that Crystal Guard or Zaino is the ONLY way to go.

I have used the "Mother's" brand on the recommendation of WMichaels, and have been quite pleased with the results. It is a lot less of a hit on the pocketbook as well. You can find it at Pep Boys. The three part system can be purchased for less than $25.00.

No matter what you decide to buy, be prepared to spend some time applying it. I think it took about 5 hours to do it the first time from start to finish......

Now go and clean that baby up!!!!!

Old 05-19-2004, 11:06 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the meguiars brand of products. There new tech wax was discussed in depth (refer to the detail shop on the index page) I will be giving that a go over the weekend if the weather is up to it.

All there product are easy to use and not too bad on price.

Old 05-19-2004, 11:25 AM
Default Re: Subject Change

Originally Posted by NJxxxFIRE
If you guys are done arguing, can someone please just advise a good setup/routine for detailing my baby? I don't want to spend 5 hours or $500 on cleaning so please recommend a practical/economical method. I have heard names like CrystalGuard and Zaino but I don't know where to start. Thanks for any help... :lol:
I have officially become a Zainophile. Here's what I use:

ZFX Flash Cure additive
Z-2 Show car polish
Z-6 Gloss Enhancer
Z-7 Wash
Z-18 Claybar (optional but recommended)

I think the grand total off all of the above gets you to about 70 bucks.

You can check the stuff out at zainobros.com. If you decide to Zaino it let me know and I'd be happy to walk you through the process that has worked well for me.

Old 05-19-2004, 12:10 PM
Forum Regular

There's nothing like a nice warm hearted thread to welcome newbies. :lol:

Old 05-19-2004, 12:35 PM

Oh, shut up, Heb.

[That was a joke! Stop looking at me like that!]

Old 05-19-2004, 01:37 PM

THANKS TO ALL! I'll keep you all posted.