Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

I want buy a crossfire.

Old 01-12-2011, 05:09 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: I want buy a crossfire.

Originally Posted by blackcrossfire07
Bladecutter is correct... the 04/05 models had a few MINOR issues that were corrected with the newer cars (or corrected before sold off the lots). I have a 2005 bought new in 2005 and I will be the first to admit it! I got a recall notice (cooling fan) and had the work done under warranty. I also had the headlight replaced which is another common problem (along with other typical issues). Now to BMorgan's point you are correct. It is based on the previous generation of SLK so it is already a pretty solid car. However, not all parts are Mercedes parts so after the first 2 years the bugs were worked out (which are minor bugs). So the old rule of "never buy the first year" does not really work in this case and is not entirely true.

As for the hot head comment.... you have thrown a few hard ***** at me in the past. Just throwing one back at ya! Heck... even I am guilty of throwing them first. So no offense We are good! All is ok... I am just messing with you!
Well, I will meet ya at the Dragon then. First beer on me.

Old 01-12-2011, 05:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by acrispy1
I have an 04 and an 05 SRT no real issues, besides the earlier models were SLK's s by the time they got to the Crossfire you can safely say that the Crossfire was the later model.
Can you explain this a little more please? Are you saying that the first "batch" of XF's were sLKs that got diverted off the MB line at the last minute to be made into crossfires then later on it changed somehow? My 04 has a build date of jul03.

Old 01-12-2011, 05:27 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bmorgan
Well, I will meet ya at the Dragon then. First beer on me.
I will be watching to make sure you don't poison my beer

In all honesty... there is a select few individuals here that can be rude (at least to me). You are not one of them. You really are a good guy (and so are those select few individuals even if they don't always show it). I just felt bad for the new guy. I thought your response sounded just a bit harsh (even though you didn't mean it to be) and didn't want him to feel bad. This is a great place and the people here are nice.... didn't want the new guy to feel picked on. My apology to you for calling you a hot head.

Old 01-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by blackcrossfire07
I will be watching to make sure you don't poison my beer

In all honesty... there is a select few individuals here that can be rude (at least to me). You are not one of them. You really are a good guy (and so are those select few individuals even if they don't always show it). I just felt bad for the new guy. I thought your response sounded just a bit harsh (even though you didn't mean it to be) and didn't want him to feel bad. This is a great place and the people here are nice.... didn't want the new guy to feel picked on. My apology to you for calling you a hot head.
LOL.... Well, I think that I am a pretty nice guy. The internet does not do a good job of conveying the poster's personality or tone, and sometimes the poster (me) could do a better job of choosing their words. Anyway, back on topic......

Yes, I agree that there were several TSBs that were issued early on. I would think that most of these would have been dealt with by now. Even if not, none of the TSBs were significant enough that I would recommend anyone to stay away from the 04/05 models. With that, I think this has been beat to death enough. We are now getting reports of owners that have exceeded 100k in miles now that are not having any significant issues. This bodes well for those of us that have much fewer miles. Like others have chimed in...... Find a well taken care of Crossie that fits into your budget and enjoy what many on this forum consider to be the best bang for the buck on the market today. Cheers, and happy motoring!