Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Check coolant light

Old 05-05-2004, 01:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check coolant light

my coolant light has been going on and off randomly for about a month now. it will normally turn off after not less than 5 minutes. i've checked the coolant levels and they are ok. has anyone had a problem similar?

Old 05-05-2004, 03:54 PM

No problems here, but if it were me I'd get it checked out right away. Cooling system problems aren't something you want to take a chance with.

Old 05-05-2004, 08:46 PM

Robby, I had a few little "quirks" with my XF at first. The ESP/BRAKE light came on for a few days, and then went away. I pressed the button to raise the spoiler manually, and then it would not retract...I had to shut the car off and then hit the button. Finally, my windshield wipers failed. The problem? A bad BCM (Body Control Module). This "computer" controls a lot of electrical systems and sensors, and when there is a short in the BCM, weird things can happen, and they can be a nightmare to find.

The only way to determine a BCM problem is to remove it from the car and do a diagnostic test. If it's bad, it must be replaced. Which is what happened with my XF.

All is well at this point, and I'm still thrilled with my car. Things happen, it's just the price we pay for technology.

This may or not be your problem. As suggested, take it to a certified DaimlerChrysler Crossfire Technician to be sure.

Old 05-05-2004, 11:29 PM

it's always worthwhile to chase down a fault like that with a car under warrenty. you just don't know what that sensor/circuit is telling you.

i know there are a zillion cars out there with black tape over the "check engine" lights but this isn't that kind of deal.

dan