Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Why, hello...

Old 03-15-2011, 09:32 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why, hello...

Except for the disgusting, nasty dodge type grille, this bumper looks absolutely awesome!
Has anyone seen this or bought it?
2004-2008 CROSSFIRE FRONT FASCIA 5159183AA - eBay (item 160553486278 end time Mar-31-11 13:09:19 PDT)

-Aaron

EDIT: PROBLEMS: FOG LIGHTS?? UHHH

Last edited by AaronNWeikart; 03-15-2011 at 09:36 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:40 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Why, hello...

Originally Posted by AaronNWeikart
Except for the disgusting, nasty dodge type grille, this bumper looks absolutely awesome!
Has anyone seen this or bought it?
2004-2008 CROSSFIRE FRONT FASCIA 5159183AA - eBay (item 160553486278 end time Mar-31-11 13:09:19 PDT)

-Aaron

EDIT: PROBLEMS: FOG LIGHTS?? UHHH

As well as headlights!

Old 03-15-2011, 09:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will be the bearer of bad news and say I do not believe that is actually a Crossfire front bumper.

The shape of the headlight space as well as the overall height of the bumper do not seem to match the lines of the crossfire.

If I were to guess, it is a Dodge Stratus front bumper. Just my guess.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:42 AM

That's for a Dodge Stratus or Intrepid. Now way in the world that would fit the Crossfire. The cut-out for the headlights is a completely different shape. This is why Ebay is such a waste of time now.

Old 03-15-2011, 10:06 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

More like the Dodge Caravan.

98 1998 Dodge Caravan Bumper Cover - Front

Old 03-15-2011, 10:30 AM
Senior Member/Moderator

Whatever it is if I was gonna decide I'd have to see it on the car. How can you tell something is gonna look "awesome" without seeing it on the car?

Old 03-15-2011, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by Bill F
More like the Dodge Caravan.

98 1998 Dodge Caravan Bumper Cover - Front

You win, I didn't feel like doing research...just taking a bit of a SWAG. I knew it didn't fit the crossfire though.

...and if you look at all "Crossfire Parts" in their eBay store...none of it actually looks like it is for the Crossfire. N/A or SRT.

Old 03-15-2011, 12:33 PM
Forum Regular
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hmm, check out the fenders offered ...........wrong illustration, BUT correct part number .........at $350give or take, it's a good deal if it IS the correct part .........

Old 03-15-2011, 03:17 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It's being sold by a reputable Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealer here in SoCal, and they're just using a "stock" image for representation. It's a very common practice not just on ebay, but on other parts sites as well. Of course, usually those places will come right out and tell you that little bit of info as they don't always have images of every single piece in inventory.

Old 03-15-2011, 05:00 PM

oh What The Holy Jesus God Crap Its For A Van. Damn Is It Hard To Upload The Correct Picture Of A Part. Business Failure

Old 03-15-2011, 08:11 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mike-in-Orange
It's being sold by a reputable Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealer here in SoCal, and they're just using a "stock" image for representation. It's a very common practice not just on ebay, but on other parts sites as well. Of course, usually those places will come right out and tell you that little bit of info as they don't always have images of every single piece in inventory.
Regardless if they have a picture of it or not, they shouldn't list it with a picture of a fascia for another car. It can mislead and confuse people on what exactly they are selling. Therefore, to save any confusion on a potential buyers part, I reported the misrepresentation to ebay.

Old 03-17-2011, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by shapeshifter309
Regardless if they have a picture of it or not, they shouldn't list it with a picture of a fascia for another car. It can mislead and confuse people on what exactly they are selling. Therefore, to save any confusion on a potential buyers part, I reported the misrepresentation to ebay.
I absolutely agree, I reported them immediately. Its unfair and scummy business. I want a picture of the EXACT product, especially when it has to do with something bought from ebay.

-Aaron

Old 03-17-2011, 01:45 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by AaronNWeikart
I absolutely agree, I reported them immediately. Its unfair and scummy business. I want a picture of the EXACT product, especially when it has to do with something bought from ebay.

-Aaron
If it was any other run-of-the-mill car, I wouldn't really think it would make a difference and maybe they're being lazy, but due to the scarcity of Crossfire body panels, you never know who's trying to scam you; it happens a lot on ebay, despite ebay's efforts.

No one's saying these people are trying to scam anyone, but with a part this rare, I'm sure any owner here would want to see the part before they bought it, especially so they can see the item's condition.

Old 03-17-2011, 01:53 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Before reporting it to Ebay did you consider contacting the seller? Especially since it's a dealership in SoCal?

Old 03-17-2011, 03:29 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Thirteendog
Before reporting it to Ebay did you consider contacting the seller? Especially since it's a dealership in SoCal?
Usually if you aren't buying their product first, sellers tend to not even pay attention to you on Ebay. From what I've encountered, if they do respond, they are quite rude. I don't really feel like getting into a fight with someone about Ebay policy violations.

Ebay states that contacting the seller and informing them of the violation so that they can correct it is the first step they take anyways. I figure a seller is more likely to conform what Ebay is telling them they should do than what some random person (who isn't buying their product) is telling them.

I don't think either of us was trying to hound the seller, at least I wasn't. Rather, just felt like giving them a good nudge to stop being lazy and post a picture of the actual product. It reassures interested parties that the seller has and is selling the correct product to them and that (assuming the product is in good condition) the product is in good condition. They will get more potential buyers if they do as well.

Hell, if I had the money, I probably would be interested in buying that fascia just in case the unthinkable happens. I would want to see the actual fascia though.

Old 03-18-2011, 02:34 PM
Forum Regular

Unfortunately, "not actual part" is quite the social disease on Flea bay.

Looking for grille a few weeks back. Saw a dealer posting an XF front fascia. Problem is, it was for a Charger. Their grille design is referred to as a "crossfire".

Discussed the pic with the dealer. He stated the part was for our cars. When I mentioned the pic to him, he blocked me. What a nice gesture

Old 03-18-2011, 03:58 PM
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts

Originally Posted by Jesus_Christler
Unfortunately, "not actual part" is quite the social disease on Flea bay.

Looking for grille a few weeks back. Saw a dealer posting an XF front fascia. Problem is, it was for a Charger. Their grille design is referred to as a "crossfire".

Discussed the pic with the dealer. He stated the part was for our cars. When I mentioned the pic to him, he blocked me. What a nice gesture
I told a seller once that he had the wrong description on a camera, I knew more about it than he did and he said I was harassing him and would report me to ebay. He was describing a fairly common camera as a ultra rare model.