Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Fogged up headlights ???

Old 06-09-2004, 10:11 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fogged up headlights ???

OK,

I notice the first couple of times I washed it that there was a little bit of fog in both headlights. The dealer showed me a TSB that showed the headlight are vented and that if it occurs you just turn on the headlights for 20 minutes.

Well it has rained the last couple of days and my headlights have been fogged up with the lights running the whole time.

Does anyone else have the issue or do I need to have them replaced?

Thanks,

-marc

Old 06-09-2004, 10:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This topic was covered in the tech forum a few months back. From what I remember, the cure was to leave the lights on for a short while and the reason for the moisture is as you stated. The lights are vented. I wouldn't expect that to happen but it does. I'm glad we don't get much rain here. Seeing them fogged up everytime it rained would tick me off. Oh, there were a couple of folks early on that got their dealer to swap them out... I think that was before the TSB. Good luck .

Old 06-09-2004, 10:27 PM

Originally Posted by AZ Outlaws
This topic was covered in the tech forum a few months back.
Ad nauseum. Mine did it once that I've noticed.

Old 06-14-2004, 01:07 PM

Yes this has already been covered, my advise is don't take any crap and insist on replacements; this is a fault with original units.

Old 06-21-2004, 11:08 AM
Forum Regular

I've been in to my dealer this afternoon to get my ash-tray fixed as it won't open. They have had to order me a new one which will take over a week! Said it was coming from France!

Anyway, I asked about the headlight as I've only had my car 2 days and they are misted up already when it is raining. The dealer said this is a known problem but that Chrysler do not have a fix yet. Chrysler have told the dealer not to replace them as replacement ones have the same problem. They expect to have a fix within the next 2 months.

Old 06-21-2004, 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by saldous
I asked about the headlight as I've only had my car 2 days and they are misted up already when it is raining. The dealer said this is a known problem but that Chrysler do not have a fix yet.
I would still have the dealer write it up so you have a record of it but I doubt they will keep an open work order on it. When cust service calls to see how things went be sure to advise them of the problem and let them know it was not corrected. The next time you take the car in for service... have them write it up again even if they have no fix, document it. If the problem is annoying enough, call Chry Cust Care line and report the problem. Vented or not IMO lights should not mist up on the inside... I don't care what they say and if it was bad enough, I'd make an issue of it.

Good luck.

Old 06-21-2004, 11:53 PM
Forum Regular

What amazes me, is that with the wild winter, and the wettest May on record in our area, I have never had a problem......

Hope this doesn't jinx it!!!!

:-)

Old 06-22-2004, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by jsisabella
Hope this doesn't jinx it!!!! :-)
:shock: :? :shock:

Old 01-19-2005, 11:41 AM
Forum Regular
Default Re: Fogged up headlights ???

I'm bumping this up because I'm crazy annoyed, and I don't want to start a new thread.

Last week, right before our current cold snap here in NJ, my right headlight fogged up. Only the right one. I guess the cold snap started that night, because now the water has been all frozen inside my headlight for the last week almost!

I've driven around with the highbeams on all week, and the problem is only half gone. I imagine even with it being hot inside the headlight, cold air outside of it cannot carry moisture, thus it can't really evaporate out. It's been under 25 degrees for the past 5 or so days.

This is a VERY irritating problem! I park my car outside so theres no way of getting it in somewhere warm for the night.... I want to flip out and bring it to the dealer but I can't because I installed HID headlights, which are sealed fine. Theres no water in the projector, its inside the headlight.. Even though that's not part of the problem, my headlights have fogged since the FIRST day I owned my car, they'll probably use the HIDs as an excuse to blame me for their problem. If it doesn't go away in a week I'm going to pull them out and bring it in.

Old 05-05-2005, 11:45 AM

Hey,
I am from Mexico City and I have noticed the same problem with my crossfire, I have noticed my low lights are fogged many times and yes its usually after rain and the weather changes and its warm.
Please let me know if any of you guys get any positive response from a dealer so we can all fix this problem. I guess its a factory problem with all our cars which really sucks!
I have HID as well and I thought it was because of it, I can see I was wrong...

Old 05-05-2005, 02:42 PM

My Lexus SC400 used to suffer from intermittent headlight lense fogging. It used to drive me nuts. Then on the Lexus board, I found out that there was a elbow shaped rubber vent tube that allowed air to enter and escape from the lamp fixture.

It appears that some industrious spiders would take up residence inside the vent tube(s) and clog them. Thus they stopped working and the moist air would have a hard time escaping. A swab with a Q tip dipped in RAID ant poison was the solution. Perhaps there is something like this going on??