Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

The Deed Is Done...

Old 10-16-2011, 11:15 AM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default The Deed Is Done...

Yesterday, the dreaded day arrived and the deed is done…..I have traded my beloved XFire for a new Durango R/T. While I have use of the car for another couple of months, it was one of the hardest decisions that I’ve had to make concerning a vehicle. As most of you know, I’ve been on the forum for a long time and have tried to attend as many GTGs as I possibly could. The friendships are PRICELESS and will continue despite not having my car that I’ve loved more than any other. I will still be attending some of the GTGs and hanging out with friends……I just may have to bum a ride every now and again. I guess the upcoming Daytona Beach Dream Cruise will be my last official GTG as an owner.

Anyway, I have stripped the car back down to stock and will be posting up a list of accessories and extras under the parts for sale section. It may take a few days for me to sort through the stuff as some has already been spoken for.

So, this is not a goodbye post and I will still see many of you and will continue to stay connected here as well. And for those that are going to ask….they gave me $10.5K for the car which ends up at about $11.2K with tax credits, etc. Not great, but it could have been worse.

Old 10-16-2011, 11:36 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: The Deed Is Done....

Dan, say it isn't so! Sorry to hear the news. But as long as you stay in touch and show up at some gtg's, then I guess it's OK.
Just don't turn into one of those Southern R.N. Good Ol Boys with a gun rack and a Confederate flag in the back window types.

P.S. Just so you know, "our" Wife doesn't approve.

Last edited by +fireamx; 10-16-2011 at 11:39 AM.
Old 10-16-2011, 11:37 AM
Received 61 Likes on 52 Posts

Dan, you're always welcome to "bum a ride" with me. Be sure to post pics of your new ride!

Old 10-16-2011, 11:56 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dan enjoy the Durango! You will without a doubt enjoy the comfort, luxury, and ability of the Durango for future trips. Thank you for being such a great friend to Kyle and myself. I hope you are still able to attend the Dragons!

Old 10-16-2011, 01:18 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 472 Likes on 329 Posts

Dan,
As hard as Kim and I tried to persuade you from letting it go I wish you the best and really hope you move on without any regrets.

Yes I know you can buy another some day but the one you had was perfect and was "yours" .

As long as we see you at all the regular GTG's in the future I can forgive you for your decision to trade her in...LOL
You know you are always welcome to ride with me or even take the drivers seat to satisfy your need for speed.

Good luck with the Durango and I'm sure it will prove to be an excellent vehicle to take you to Alaska once you embark on your journey.

Old 10-16-2011, 01:25 PM
Forum Regular

Dan,
I want to wish you the best and thank you for everything that you have done. Please stay in touch and if there comes a time that you just have to get behind the wheel of a Crossfire mine is here for you. From the way things are looking we may have two Crossfires in the garage before long. Stay in touch! Tim & Christi

Old 10-16-2011, 03:46 PM
Forum Regular

"NORTH TO ALASKA!" Not advisable in a XF. I've been over those roads. But, RATS! I SO wish you could mothball the XF for special use days! Anyway, the best of luck in your future travels. Hope to sit in the lobby with you again at many more Dragons. Your quiet efficiency and sense of humor (and mahvelous driving) have been an example for many of us. BTW: If you need any info. on AK. you can't find elsewhere, I may be of help since I lived up there for years.
Jonathan
PACEMAKER

Old 10-16-2011, 03:48 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Well, you've upgraded to a sweet ride! And that doesn't mean you can't pop in and say hi, we greatly value your friendship.

Dips on the rear diffusers if you're selling them. Make me a deal I can't refuse

Old 10-16-2011, 03:59 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JHM2K
Dips on the rear diffusers if you're selling them. Make me a deal I can't refuse
Dang it! Hope they don't fit your model and I can get a deal on them!

Old 10-16-2011, 04:02 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

LOOK !!! Up in the sky ......... is that vultures circling ???????

Old 10-16-2011, 05:03 PM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: The Deed Is Done...

~ sorry to hear it dan... it was a hard decision for me many year ago as well... i still dearly miss my crossfire.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:12 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Dan....hard to swallow right now, but those new Durangos are mighty pretty. I am going to try to sell a few things over the winter. I have a bug up my butt to get another SRT8 Jeep, but certainly nothing solid yet. My toys won't be sold though...keeping the two. I know you are a great friend and will stay around so, can't wait to see the Durango...

Old 10-16-2011, 05:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dan I know this was a hard decision. Now that it has been made I wish you luck with the suv and the up comming adventure. I have no doubt you will remain a vital part of this crossfire family and hope to see you at many Dragons to come.

North to Alaska come on the rush is on. Big Dan left.....

Old 10-16-2011, 06:23 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by andrew
~ sorry to hear it dan... it was a hard decision for me many year ago as well... i still dearly miss my crossfire.
bumma. they'll bury me in my srt-6's. you know, those double plot ones.

Old 10-16-2011, 06:40 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dan you can always ride with me

Old 10-16-2011, 06:54 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Dan, you are the only person I would jump into the passenger's seat for. Come drive the 6 when you feel a need!

And sorry folks, KimPossible has laid claim to most of the goodies, especially diffusers!!

Old 10-16-2011, 07:06 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by chuK_138
And sorry folks, KimPossible has laid claim to most of the goodies, especially diffusers!!
Wow that was fast

Old 10-16-2011, 07:08 PM
Forum Regular

I've always thought, if I sold my Crossfire, what would I do about the forum? I really like the people that I've met in person, and I really like checking out all of the posts on a daily basis! I hope that you will still be with us, and maybe in the future, you might have another Crossfire. There is really nothing like the Crossfire experience including the forum. All the best!

Old 10-16-2011, 07:12 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Bummer Dan! I know we all must let them go at some point though. I enjoyed meeting you at TMS and then again at Carlisle. You are a true friend and I hope our paths cross again. I would be honored to take you for a spin around TMS. Enjoy your new Durango buddy.

Old 10-16-2011, 07:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so-long-farewell-copy.jpg

Quick Reply: The Deed Is Done...