Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Freshly Wrapped A-pillars & New Headliner

Old 12-27-2011, 02:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Freshly Wrapped A-pillars & New Headliner

Finally found the time to snap a few shots of the new Headliner I had installed last week. The OEM fabric had begun peeling about a year ago in two locations, one being where the A-pillar meets the headliner on both sides, as well as next to the center hatch brake light. I had a family owned shop here in Midtown KCMO called A & A Royal Auto Trim do the work. Took a little more than 2 hours for the guy to get the car back in my hands, which was much better than I was expecting considering all of their bays were full. I went with a darker fabric trying to both match the upper dash, and prevent future staining that of which the OEM cream color did not. I went ahead and had the A-pillars done as well to try and improve the fit and finish of the overall interior. From day one the gap between where the A-pillar and Dash met up had always bugged me, and wrapping these plastic trim pieces with the fabric closed that gap to my liking.

As of now I am extremely impressed with the quality of work the shop performed for the price. (Unfortunately this is one of things that you don't really know if you got your money's worth until on down the line.) No glue or adhesive mishaps can be found anywhere inside the car, and no trim clips are missing. One other advantage I have gained from the installation is a quieter ride at highway speeds. I don't know if it is because this material is a bit more plush, or because wrapping the A-pillars both sealed that gap along the dash and soaks up a bit more wind noise than the unwrapped plastic.

Old 12-27-2011, 02:47 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Freshly Wrapped A-pillars & New Headliner

Looks good. I am doing the same thing at the moment with CF fabric, the pillars are already done and everything is getting pulled apart very soon.

A suggestion: continue the color over the plastic parts continuing into the hatch so it does not have such an abrupt stop, and get SLK black sun visors to make it look OEM

Old 12-27-2011, 03:34 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Looks great!

Old 12-27-2011, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire
Looks good. I am doing the same thing at the moment with CF fabric, the pillars are already done and everything is getting pulled apart very soon.

A suggestion: continue the color over the plastic parts continuing into the hatch so it does not have such an abrupt stop, and get SLK black sun visors to make it look OEM
To build on that, if you do the rear plastic parts do them in fabric rather than painting them. I painted mine with a dark, textured Dupli-Color spray paint which looked great and matched closely to the dash pad but after a few hot summer days started to bubble above the quarter windows.

Old 12-27-2011, 04:07 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

If someone can post a how-to regarding the reinstallation of the C-pillar trim, I'd love to see it as I'm considering a full Alcantara job in my SRT to match the seats. Problem is, I don't want rattles. Right now my car is very quiet and I'd like to keep her that way. I heard reinstalling the C-pillar trim was a b!tch...

Old 12-28-2011, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by BoilerUpXFire

Thanks for the tip with the SLK visors, I will be sure to look into that. As far as the cargo area, I have decided to keep that as for a few reasons; I have multiple RCA's and 2 gauge power and ground wire fed through the panels, and let me tell you they are an absolute pain to get everything to snap and slide back together. There is still a piece that the seat belt slides through that I cannot get to sit flush. I don't want to spend the money on wrapping all of panels when I can seem to manage to get them piece together correctly to begin with. After doing a search on new headliners I saw that member rfors777 was having similar problems.

I also have a more permanent Subwoofer/passive radiator and amp rack installation in the works. Once that is installed I may try and tie rest of the interior in together.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:14 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It looks very nice!