Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Anniversary Fail!!

Old 05-01-2012, 12:32 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Anniversary Fail!!

So Sunday the 29th of April was my one year anniversary of buying the cross. I had some plans which bassically included driving around. Well Thursday, good ol ridgecrest decided to get winds of 30-40 with gusts of 60-70. Wasnt a big deal, its been alot worse. Unfortunately though I dont have a garage to park in yet because I am still in escrow on a house I just bought. I got off work, went home, parked and went inside. All I can figure is that a good sized dust devil came around and reeked havic on my beauty because once I went outside my passenger window was completely shattered in a billion pieces 5 minutes later ........ So I called one of a few places in town to fix it and they said....... wait for it.......... $675 and they would be unable to do anything until wednesday.... I said go screw yourself and called the place that is usually alot more expensive and they said $288 on tuesday..... anddddd they said since I didnt have a garage they would park it inside the shop andddd they detail the cars they fix inside and out regardless of problem.... I trust her and her workers (I still took everything out down to the hiding penny including the deck's face plate) but I get these weird feelings about whats happening with my car, I hate shops ......... In any case, friday it went in and I should get it back sometime today, which blew my anniversary to pieces... literally.... It's only been 3 1/2 days but I miss the crap out of her..

Anyone else had to pay for a new driver/passenger side window???? If so how much did you spend?

Old 05-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: Anniversary Fail!!

If they are good at the detail job.. I'd have to knock my windshield mirror loose every couple of months and take it in to be glued back !

Old 05-01-2012, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
If they are good at the detail job.. I'd have to knock my windshield mirror loose every couple of months and take it in to be glued back !
Thats a great idea!! Ill have to post pics of the detail haha

In all seriousness they are usually monumentally more expensive. When an idiot blew through a stop sign into my old car I wanted to buy it back. The shop thats I guess "ghetto" by most standards who does mediocre work wanted 4500 to fix it. Then, the one that wanted 675 for my window was about 5500 and they are alot better and usually the one to go with. But the final one doing my window now, wanted 8K and some change.... The last two were more than I wanted to pay and I would never go with the low balling ghetto guys. I was shocked that this time they were half the price of the usual middle-grounders.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:16 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Won't your comprehensive insurance pay for it?
I've had glass replaced im many of my other vehicles, and it never cost me a dime because my "comp" has no deductable.

Old 05-01-2012, 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by +fireamx
Won't your comprehensive insurance pay for it?
I've had glass replaced im many of my other vehicles, and it never cost me a dime because my "comp" has no deductable.
I have honestly never heard of comprehensive insurance. Not sure I even have it. But I was trying to avoid insurance on the general rule of thumb that if there is a claim they up your premium (not sure that it would happen but its not worth the risk in my opinion). Statefarm upped my insurance on an accident I was never at fault for.

I will deffinately need to look into that though. I already paid so its out of the question this time.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:13 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sk8erjosh09
(I still took everything out down to the hiding penny including the deck's face plate)
What does this mean?

Old 05-02-2012, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by West Peterson
What does this mean?
My aftermarket stereo Head Unit (deck) has a removable faceplate. Without the faceplate the stereo cant be used at all, its like a key to your stereo. A couple of shops my car went to with it on, ended up messing with my settings and it's a pet peeve of mine since I was 17 that I take it out whenever its somewhere questionable. ie parties,shops, stealerships etc.

Old 05-02-2012, 09:55 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That makes sense. What does the "hiding penny" part mean?

Old 05-02-2012, 10:00 AM

They ended up cleaning the inside pretty well and washed the outside but you could tell they didnt take there time doing the outside. Also, when I showed up to pick her up my right rear was flat. They tried telling me its been a slow leak but I knew for a fact that it wasnt. I check pressure every fill up and I filled up right before my window exploded. In any case I took it to my tire guys and they pulled out a 1/4 in. pin about 3 in. long, patched the tires and I went on a drive with my 1 1/2 yr old (he loves the "cahh" as he calls it, so much its hilarious). In any case I got what seems like a good deal on the window and unfortunately a flat, but at least she's back!!

Old 05-02-2012, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by West Peterson
That makes sense. What does the "hiding penny" part mean?
Every now and then I drop coins whether it be consciously or unconsciously and they fall under the seat or between the seats. I fished everything out of the car except registration, subs and the amp. I typically stock tools, cleaners, micro fiber towels, etc.