Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

New Xfire Owner and New to boards

Old 05-16-2012, 12:32 AM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Re: New Xfire Owner and New to boards

Originally Posted by gunner1374
BTW, arrogance, IMO, sounds more like telling someone that they will fail at something before they have even made an attempt. Just my $.02
Hmm.. guess your right.. it is arrogant to think someone can't waltz up after tuning Hondas and crank an extra 100 HP out of an 8 year old car design with an even older platform and still maintain a daily driver out of it. Just think if you owned a speed shop that actually made a living from tuning and desiigning performance parts what kind of profits you could rake in.

But then again I never said "can't".. think it was more along the lines of "educate yourself" before making statements of greatness to come. But then again I'm more along the lines of not ripping my car apart to rebuild it at the cost of 5 grand for an extra 100 HP. They make cars already you can just turn the ignition over and be there.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very true on ripping the car apart, but if someone has the money and is willing to do it??? I am happy to live my quest for power through someone else's work and wallet, lol. I surely will not try to make them give up. You go man!!! haha. Wish you the best!

Old 05-16-2012, 07:09 PM
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm all for your efforts. Please keep the forum posted!

I read a post earlier that discussed the more mods for horspower= more chasing weaker parts on the engine that was not designed for more HP.

I like mine stock for the most part. Heck, it's a wonder I haven't got a ticket yet....gotta slow down!

Thanks for all on this forum!

Old 05-17-2012, 04:26 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome new member.
I'm recently new here also.... 2 weeks...
And I've found a wealth a knowledge and made a few good friends here too....

Any one In DORSET / HANTPSHIRE England ?

I've been following HID lamp mods here, got some news to share on the units I got from e-bay, and they're brilliant to say the least.

Re power mods,
I'm keen on extra power, but also believe in the huge amount of $$$£££ spent by manufacturers is for a good reason..... I mage a simple $60 improvement with K&N engine air filters to replace my clogged standard parts...... the improvement was significant imediately....
Power was ther ebefore but seemed all torque, now my machine has a power band that leaps in at 2,000 rpm and is ferocious thru to 6,000..... LOVE THIS CAR.

Have fun, stay safe

Grant B

Old 11-26-2012, 04:07 AM
Forum Regular

i say more power to you, if you say you can figure out a way to crank out an extra 100 ponies, by all means go for it and i will root you on and help in any way i can , i want 100 more horsies, though i find my car difficult to tame as it is ! and im not a totally inexperienced driver!

Old 11-26-2012, 09:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I say extra power is always good!

Old 11-26-2012, 10:39 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I wonder where this guy went?

Last edited by +fireamx; 11-26-2012 at 10:52 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 11:02 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 501 Likes on 345 Posts

Originally Posted by +fireamx
My guess is he was getting flamed early on and just decided to get outta here

Old 11-26-2012, 11:04 PM

Re read this thread myself and was wondering the same thing earlier.. haven't heard any reports of a blazingly fast NA at the tracks though...

Old 11-26-2012, 11:10 PM

Hasn't been here since the middle of May, let's hope he comes back with a fire breathing monster NA car.
Hey, we can always dream.

Old 11-26-2012, 11:13 PM

It might have breathed fire... 400 shot of nitrous.. once at least..

Old 11-26-2012, 11:35 PM

You may be onto something MrM.
Actually, I'm very satisified with the way my bone stock car performs, but I know there are lots of NA owners that want more power.
I think the easiest way to put a NA into the 13's is to defeat the computer and find a 3.91 or 4.10 gear that will fit. (Or put it on the bottle).

Old 11-26-2012, 11:42 PM

You may be onto something MrM.
Actually, I'm very satisified with the way my bone stock car performs, but I know there are lots of NA owners that want more power.
I think the easiest way to put a NA into the 13's is to defeat the computer and find a 3.91 or 4.10 gear that will fit. (Or put it on the bottle).
I'm a long ways from "dissapointed" myself..
She seems to really be liking these 45-50 degree days.

Maybe that's why I can be so patient about seeing the turbo kit all the way to the end.. whichever way it ends.

Old 11-27-2012, 02:53 AM
Forum Regular

yeah im sure the bashing got to him. cant blame him , i found some rough news last night, i did a 0-60 on my car.. low miles 40k on it , so still new . AFTER the eurocharged tune , she did the 0-60 in 7.23 seconds , lets factor outthe .23 for my human delay and she did seven seconds.... ROUGH man rough lol although i had a feeling thats what it would be at since im not at sea level , your guys's thoughts?

Old 11-27-2012, 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by falshami
yeah im sure the bashing got to him. cant blame him , i found some rough news last night, i did a 0-60 on my car.. low miles 40k on it , so still new . AFTER the eurocharged tune , she did the 0-60 in 7.23 seconds , lets factor outthe .23 for my human delay and she did seven seconds.... ROUGH man rough lol although i had a feeling thats what it would be at since im not at sea level , your guys's thoughts?
Keep working on your launch. She can be a bit tempermental on the takeoff, but a good launch will net a good 60 time. You auto or 6 speed? I know on 6 speed, its all about keeping revs up in the powerband but also slipping the clutch to not just throw it all down to the ground and spin tires all day, lol. Sometimes a second gear launch works better too in some instances. I rarely ever take off in first unless I am trying to help someone check out my tail lights . The car should be capable. You will get her to shave some time off, as long as clutch and tires do their jobs. Good luck!

Old 11-27-2012, 10:15 AM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

EDIT: I hate when I look at the first page thinking it's the only.... :facepalm

Read it, got it, man I need my coffee.

Last edited by sk8erjosh09; 11-27-2012 at 10:30 AM.
Old 11-27-2012, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by sk8erjosh09
EDIT: I hate when I look at the first page thinking it's the only.... :facepalm

Read it, got it, man I need my coffee.
Umm.. you buying by the oz or stick?

Old 11-27-2012, 10:46 AM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Umm.. you buying by the oz or stick?
Typically a 1/2 oz does the trick ... But I think I should go with a stick so I can slap myself awake this morning. Mondays are never that bad for me... It's always Tuesday!

Old 11-27-2012, 03:35 PM
Forum Regular

mine is an automatic, i would think a second gear start would make do the time a bit slower? im going to try it anyways today, my car as an automatic wont spin the tires on launch ever, unless im taking a turn , then i power slide, for comparisson though i ran our 300m and it did the accelration time in 8.88 seconds shave a few off for human delay 8.5 , and my toyota highlander 4wd in 13.33 seconds... my crossfire is still the quickest of the three, i just cant get it in the acclaimed 6 second range, although i think thats the Arizona height above sea level doing its thing

Old 11-27-2012, 05:13 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

This arrogant sob thinks he went out and bought a Mustang GT500 and never returned. It's ok to dream....but that was the only way he was going to get 100hp less the nitrous. I now wish after 4 yrs of modding I would have bought another ZO6....too late now...but the reading I had to do is still on-going in finding more HP...and that was all that was stated to the kid. Read up, then make your decisions on how to go after another 100hp...If that was arrogant, then so be it....
But it would have saved him a lot of time and money to have done some reading first....and I would think that is what gearheads do, save each other time and money having been there done that already...

Quick Reply: New Xfire Owner and New to boards