Crossfire Coupe A place to discuss Coupe specific topics.

Well, this may be goodbye... :(

Old 01-16-2013, 01:37 PM
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts
Default Re: Well,this may be goodbye... :(

Originally Posted by closer9
Thanks!

I'm considering looking for another. Would love to have an SRT roadster, but I drive too many miles. Would hate to rack em up on a car like that. Hated to do it on my Limited, but loved driving it. Just have to wait and see what the insurance does.
Add the pop tarts to the insurance claim, it all helps. LOL

Glad you are OK.

How is your neck and shoulder? Must be real sore after a bang like that. If not now tomorrow, that's when the aches begin and the others bruises come out, get pictures and see the Doc. You will have seat belt bruises tomorrow for sure.

Do not sign of until you are completely satisfied with the deal and your medical is covered, you will be pressured to sign ASAP so they can close the file on you and when it's closed it is basically game over for you.

Old 01-16-2013, 01:41 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Talking Re: Well,this may be goodbye... :(

With the proper consignment lawyer, you should be able to get another car, MIKES??, without any cost for compensation due to their error. Best of luck. Woody

Color appropiate font

Old 01-16-2013, 03:39 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by closer9
Thanks!

I'm considering looking for another. Would love to have an SRT roadster, but I drive too many miles. Would hate to rack em up on a car like that. Hated to do it on my Limited, but loved driving it. Just have to wait and see what the insurance does.
You sound a lot like me here.. Hate seeing the miles on her.. but she's too much fun.. highlight of the workday is taking the Crossfire.
A low mileage one would have to be the wife's .. she's about 20 miles a day closer to her work than me.. and half the time she'd probably need her Tahoe..
Just keep in mind the fun of yours if you stray to another car in thoughts.. test drive and think about the Crossie.. you'll be back.. LOL
Best of luck with things on this!

Old 01-16-2013, 04:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad Youre OK.

It just goes to show how well designed these cars are. You walked away!..with minor scratches! The only damage other than the car is probably mental anguish of losing a great lil car. Its comforting to know that you will be able to tell this story to family and friends for years to come...

Old 01-16-2013, 06:54 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad you're ok. That pic of the poptarts was....devastating. Are they salvageable?

PM me.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:11 PM

So glad you are ok.....what a terrible thing to happen to such a nice car. Hope you find another one soon.

Old 01-16-2013, 07:23 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

no need for a lawyer. document everything. car is totalled. wouldnt waste any time buying it back. if it was a srt6 then theres some money to be made. limited not so much. go to edmunds true value and enter the vitals for your car. closest site to what the ins. woill pay. receipts for any added pr new parts and close the deal.
i have seen more than a few of these cars wrecked. 6k$ and its written off

Old 01-16-2013, 09:49 PM
Received 388 Likes on 335 Posts

First off, glad your OK! Reading the posts I kinda got a thought flash through my mind about the cartoons I watched as a kid (yeah I was a little kid once but now I'm a big kid) where an accident happens and the ambulance comes and picks up THE CAR! Wouldn't it be nice to have a crossfire ambulance!

Old 01-16-2013, 10:10 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry to read about your car, glad you are ok. Best of luck with what comes next.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:23 PM

Well, I'm a little sore. Still waiting on the police report to see if Mr. No Speak the English had insurance (still assuming he didn't). Have located a possible replacement. 2004 Machine Gray, Cedar interior 6-spd. Mileage is a little higher than I'd like at 78k, but car looks clean in pix. Will probably go check it out once I settle with insurance.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:28 PM
Received 551 Likes on 463 Posts

That would be Graphite Gray for 2004. Not many Machine Grays, final year I think.

Last edited by onehundred80; 01-18-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 12:36 PM
Forum Regular

Closer9~
Been there, done that, had the 'burns' to prove it. Also gagged on the suffocating powder from the air bag. So glad you were not more seriously injured. The good news is that you can start the hunt for a new to you XF. My ins. co (FARMER'S) took such good care of me I nearly made a profit on the wreck even after I bought a Roadster from a fellow Forum member! Enjoy the process! Hope to see you at the Spring DRAGON in a brand new ride!
PACEMAKER

Old 01-22-2013, 03:24 PM
Default Re: Well, this may be goodbye... :(

Well, got the confirmation today. He had no insurance. So, I filed a claim with mine.

I think I'm going to go a completey different route than even I expected. Looking at a super clean low mileage 2000 Ranger 4-cyl auto, full power inside (which I've never seen before). Going to focus my time and money on getting the top back on the Belvedere and converting to an A855 5-spd.

I've got a few Crosffire parts in the garage that I'll probably be listing on here in the next few days. That is unless the insurance company doesn't something crazy like try to fix it...

I've really been missing the Crossfire, but maybe someday I'll pick up and SRT.